Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I won't post any part of the article, or anything like that, since it is subscription material, but Rivals has ranked 3 Cyclones as the top player at their position in the Big XII for the upcoming season.

QB Bret Meyer
    WR Todd Blythe
    DT Brent Curvey

We also did quite well at a few other positions, check Rivals for more info. Its worth the $.

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck
    - Don Schula.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I had rivals, didnt feel it was worth the money. All I used it for was watching the recruit videos. Plus when we have compadres that tell us what happens, it works out!

Prospect
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I was on a Big XII board awhile back, and was surprised none of them mentioned Blythe as one of the best WRs in the Big XII.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

Exclamation

The way Blythe gets his fingers around the football makes him a special talent. And if Flynn keeps catching them, over the middle that would be a big plus. I wish they would throw more screen passes to the backs and the tight ends get even more productive.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bryceman &#064; Jun 21 2006, 10&#58;14 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I wish they would throw more screen passes to the backs and the tight ends get even more productive.
    [/b][/quote]

I think the tight ends should and will have a huge year. Both guys are rather good, not to mention some of the younger guys at the position - who may be even better than our current duo once they gain experience.

I look at our offense like this - in a 3 wide, 1 tight, 1 back set...we&#39;ll likely see a 4-2 front w/ 3 corners and 2 safeties.

Blythe commands a corner and safety. Other 2 corners single coverage on the other 2 WR (any of Flynn, Sumrall, Hamilton, Messiah, Davis - when he&#39;s back). I like all those match-ups. The other safety can&#39;t lock in on our TE (or shouldn&#39;t) as someone needs to play "center field". That leaves a linebacker on our TE - Barkema or Nickel. LOVE that match-up.

Recall those rare seem routes over the middle to the TE last year? I sure hope and expect to see a lot more of &#39;em this fall.

Pass, pass pass. Then, hit &#39;em up the middle with a draw (don&#39;t groan) when they least expect it, defense spread out, one of the linebackers chasing our TE - our back one-on-one with another linebacker. I like that match-up too.