Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Please bring Matt Perault to Des Moines

O.K. The KxNO soap opera is reaching epic propotions, but I think Matt Perault would be great here. Check out his blog. Make sure to watch the video on the chick eating cinnamon. Anyone who puts that on their blog is money in my book.

Matt Perrault

You know what, Stewie, if you don't like it, go on the internet and complain. -Brian Griffin

Somebody's gotta go back and get a ----load of dimes. -Taggart

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

Re: Please bring Matt Perault to Des Moines

I'd absolutely love them to bring in Perrault in the afternoon. If Perrault has the evening drive time and Miller/Deace has the morning it would be an immediate upgrade at both of those spots, and I might be halfway interested in listening to KXNO again.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    I'd absolutely love them to bring in Perrault in the afternoon. If Perrault has the evening drive time and Miller/Deace has the morning it would be an immediate upgrade at both of those spots, and I might be halfway interested in listening to KXNO again.
    Agreed. I know it's been discussed here already, but he did have a pretty good show in Omaha. He went around the Big XII all the time, was very active in community fundraisers, and he put the chick eating cinnamon on his blog.

You know what, Stewie, if you don't like it, go on the internet and complain. -Brian Griffin

Somebody's gotta go back and get a ----load of dimes. -Taggart

Recruit
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If he goes to Des Moines, you will get sick of him very shortly. If you are a Drake or Mo.Valley fan you will be fine. He has very little good to say about ISU. (not that there has been lately) After Coach Mac was fired he has almost been anti ISU. There was a reason he was not retained in this market.

JMHO

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 94

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepishammerd View Post
    If he goes to Des Moines, you will get sick of him very shortly. If you are a Drake or Mo.Valley fan you will be fine. He has very little good to say about ISU. (not that there has been lately) After Coach Mac was fired he has almost been anti ISU. There was a reason he was not retained in this market.

JMHO
    He was an ISU fan when Mac was at ISU. The Chizik staff didnt give him the time of day so he went sour on ISU. Rhoades does the media stuff Chizik didnt have time for. Once he gets closer to ISU stuff he will be back on the bandwagon IMO. Creighton BB and Drake BB are two different monsters (well one is a monster one just gets fiesty once every 25 years). In Omaha he only had Neb FB and Creighton BB to talk about so he did that a lot.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Pro
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,444
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1

Honestly, I couldn't care less if the a radio personality is pro- or anti-cyclone as long as that person has some sports knowledge and can back up what they say with facts. I hate when loud-mouths just spew out anything just to rile up listeners without being able to back it up.

Starter
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepishammerd View Post

JMHO
    Matt loved coach Mac and was very upset with his firing. He had Mac on for a segment every week during the season, and grew very found of him. Still refers to how well Mac treated him - most of us know that was just Mac's personality.

I never felt like he bashed on ISU, just felt bad for Mac. He was also very complimentary of Pollard and the hire of Chizik. He still plays Jamie's clip of his quote of the search committee being "Jamie Pollard", as that is how to hire a coach. At the time Matt felt (like almost all of us did), that it was a great hire. With the clarity of hind site we know how this turned out, and how "available" Chizik was to a certain media outlet that covers the western half of Iowa and the closet metro area outside of DSM. Matt didn't go out of his way to say anything negative about ISU, just didn't have anyone from ISU going out of their way to promote the school on his program like he did with Mac.

Now his comments about Doc Sadler and Nebraska basketball are another story.... He also was over board on Creighton BB, but he was paid to do so. He worked for the Creighton station and was pimping the 'Skers at the same time. Some of my favorite segments were on his thoughts of the Nebraska FB fan/Creighton BB fan.

I personally think Matt did a great show and would be an excellent hire. I certainly would stream KXNO daily to listen to his show.

Last edited by becrisgreg; 04-13-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 94

Quote Originally Posted by becrisgreg View Post
    With the clarity of hind site we know how this turned out, and how "available" Chizik was to a certain media outlet that covers the western half of Iowa and the closet metro area outside of DSM.
    Chizik did the same thing to stations in Des Moines. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in that reguard.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 80

Here's another vote for Perrault.

Addict
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,189
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

I don't know the first thing about him, but I could really care less if he likes ISU or not, so long as he's got his facts to back it up.

We all get on Jon Miller's case for being a Hawk shill, what I don't want is some condescending cyclone version of that who is just pandering to an audience that will listen no matter what just because the guy is a fan.

"Homemade beer, after all, is like a democracy. Every so often, youíre gonna hate what comes out of it. But when itís good, itís the best." - woot.com

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

So you guys can handle another New England native who lives and breathes Red Sox/Pats and isn't afraid to speak his mind and rile up listeners?

I don't think Perrault was so much being paid to be a Creighton homer as the station he worked for was receiving money from Creighton to have their basketball games aired, just how the Iowa Energy, Cubs, and Chops buy the time for their respective game broadcasts.

Did Matt talk more Creighton than Husker basketball? Of course, that's only because the other sports station in Omaha gave Creighton very little, if any coverage on their local sports show.

Perrault after all did host a Nebraska football pre and post game show and wasn't afraid to speak his mind as he was very anti Callahan and Pederson and was critical of Pelini and his sideline deamanor (sp?)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    So you guys can handle another New England native who lives and breathes Red Sox/Pats and isn't afraid to speak his mind and rile up listeners?

I don't think Perrault was so much being paid to be a Creighton homer as the station he worked for was receiving money from Creighton to have their basketball games aired, just how the Iowa Energy, Cubs, and Chops buy the time for their respective game broadcasts.

Did Matt talk more Creighton than Husker basketball? Of course, that's only because the other sports station in Omaha gave Creighton very little, if any coverage on their local sports show.

Perrault after all did host a Nebraska football pre and post game show and wasn't afraid to speak his mind as he was very anti Callahan and Pederson and was critical of Pelini and his sideline deamanor (sp?)
    I had no real problem with Marty riling up fans. That's his job. I just don't think he's a class individual and I wanted him fired after he slandered the guy on the air in regard to the US Open thing.

Perrault is a good guy and he's classy. He riles people up but all the good hosts do eventually. I think Perrault would be the best host for the UNI/Drake fans as well since he is at least aware of the MVC.

Thumbs Up

Let's just be honest, Marty was an arrogant blowhard. Extremely talented, but a blowhard.

My Marty classic moment (oh, yes, there were many) was when he was broadcasting live from the Boys State Basketball Tournament while sitting in Wells Fargo Arena. He was doing a live commercial for First Federal Bank and did a nice job of getting through the commercial, but then he started talking about his girlfriend who apparently was doing business with Wells Fargo at the time. I don't recall exactly what the deal was, but Marty just went off on a tirade about how he was going to insist his girlfriend move her accounts out of Wells Fargo Bank and into First Fedeal. He went on and on and on about what a lousy bank Wells Fargo was. It is bad enough to blast an advertiser's competitor by name, but while he was sitting in that competitor's sponsored arena? As I listened to this unfold, my initial thought was that there was probably a poor, unsuspecting advertising sales person for KXNO who was calling on Wells Fargo Bank, trying to sell them advertising, who just might get blind-sided the next time he or she stopped in on a sales call. If Joel McCrea didn't call him into the office the next day and let him have it for that tirade I would have been surprised.

Marty was simply a "pink slip" waiting to happen!

I've listened to Perrault on a few occasions and he might have seemed controversial to some, but certainly a different kind of controversial than was Marty Tirrell.

Last edited by Wingback; 04-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,560
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 77

Perrault was hated by many Husker fans in the area for one reason: he wasn't one of them. He didn't bow down and kiss the ring of all things Husker like he was expected to do. Sometimes he told it like it was, and over the past few years that wasn't always kind to the Huskers, which ticked off more than a few. It wasn't like he was making stuff up or just trying to get under anyone's skin, he was just stating an opinion.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    Perrault was hated by many Husker fans in the area for one reason: he wasn't one of them. He didn't bow down and kiss the ring of all things Husker like he was expected to do. Sometimes he told it like it was, and over the past few years that wasn't always kind to the Huskers, which ticked off more than a few. It wasn't like he was making stuff up or just trying to get under anyone's skin, he was just stating an opinion.
    We need someone who can get under the skin of both Hawks and Clones...