Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 0

ISU Athletics Raises Nearly $12 Million

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....&ATCLID=749051

AMES, Iowa – The excitement surrounding the hiring of coaches Greg McDermott, Cael Sanderson and Gene Chizik, as well as last summer’s announcement concerning an Iowa State Athletics Department’s facility master plan, has created fundraising momentum never previously witnessed at ISU.

Athletics department officials announced this week that the department has secured $11.99 million in gifts and commitments – $7 million specifically targeted for the facility improvement plan – during the first six months of the academic year. That figure surpasses the Cyclone athletics department’s previous all-time high ($10.3 million in 1998) for a full (12-month) academic year.

“We still have a long, challenging journey ahead of us but we could not be more excited about the response from our great Cyclone fans,” Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard said. “We are well on our way to achieving our goal of raising the $35 million necessary to assist us in making the much needed improvements to our facilities.”

The State and University are not in a position to assist the athletics department with these critical and necessary facility improvements. Thus, the costs to renovate and build new facilities must be covered by those willing to support the athletics program through ticket sales, premium seating and fundraising.

“Our fundraising staff has done an outstanding job of sharing our plans with alums and fans throughout the nation,” Pollard said. “Fortunately, many of those constituents share our vision for taking Cyclone Athletics to an entirely different level and have supported our capital campaign with very generous gifts.”

Pollard introduced Iowa State’s facility plans to the Board of Regents last summer and his staff has worked diligently since then to create a financial feasibility plan largely supported by private donations, suite leases and ticket sales.

“Our institution will present its financing plans for Phase I of the stadium project to the Board of Regents in February,” Pollard said. “Being able to show the Regents we have the financial support for our facility improvements from the great fans of Iowa State University is imperative in obtaining their approval to move forward with multiple phases of our projects as soon as possible.”

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 0

Re: ISU Athletics Raises Nearly $12 Million

I know there has been a lot of money talk, but way to step up to the plate Cyclones! I wonder how much this will go up with new NCC memberships getting filed with the season ticket renewals. My wife and I are upping our donation. It is a very exciting time.