Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

i was screaming at g-mac to put Corey in, then doesnt play 2nd half!?

what is up with that? we waited too long to put him in, then hardly if at all play him in 2nd half! unbelivable.

Addict
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,312
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

Re: i was screaming at g-mac to put Corey in, then doesnt play 2nd half!?

I was wondering where he was 2nd half too.

Rookie
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

yes. he was the only one play tuff!!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 396
    Given: 273

im sure he has his reasons. But who knows, maybe Cory will earn some more play time with his effort and the lack from others.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81

He was getting pushed around defensivly and offensivly toward the end of his time on the floor. Whenever he's stopped playing as strong as he is capable of (such as when he guarded Oden) he's been yanked.

It's not like the guards would have gotten him the ball anyway, they were too content to dribble around and turn it over or jack up a terrible three.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I think another thing you really have to factor in is the altitude. Just from watching on TV, I could tell our guys were really getting winded. Maybe Corey was feeling the altitude harder than we could see. I think that's a call that Coach McDermott has to make, although it's also fun to speculate. In my opnion, we didn't get it to Jiri enough even though he dominated in the post, so there's no reason to think that C Johnson would have received the ball had he been in.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I gotta admit it's getting a little old watching Taylor's poor shot selection. Sure, we all know it is a love-hate relationship with him, and we've seen him hit some incredible shots, and that's fine to some extent. But when we are in a position like we were last night where the game is in jepoardy of getting out of hand and we need to get some points, there needs to be more ball movement to find a quality shot.

His shooting percentages have been pitiful over the past 2 games. I know he's a good player and capable of scoring points, but we need to get the rest of the offense more involved -- not even necessarily getting others more shots, but at least more touches on offense. Ball movement is the best way to get better shot opportunities, and I don't think Taylor dribbling around the court by himself before eventually jacking up a wild three is the best plan of attack.

I must say that I do like Taylor as a player, and when it comes crunch time he has made quite a few clutch shots (think mizzou game), but it seems a lot of the time he is just complete out of control on the court and I feel GMac needs to set some restrictions on him to start moving the ball around better. I'm fine with him taking a lot of shots -- even if they're not all falling -- but they'd better at least be quality shots. All these prayer three-balls aren't helping the team win games.

Addict
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,419
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
    what is up with that? we waited too long to put him in, then hardly if at all play him in 2nd half! unbelivable.
    Yeah he must not know what he is doing at all. I just can't believe he wouldn't listen to a fan screaming advice from the stands at him. What was he thinking not listening to the masterful tycobb?!

*obvious sarcasm*

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    Yeah he must not know what he is doing at all. I just can't believe he wouldn't listen to a fan screaming advice from the stands at him. What was he thinking not listening to the masterful tycobb?!

*obvious sarcasm*
    I think that was an uneccessary post. tycobb was mearly starting up a discussion about CJ's limited PT last night. This is a forum for discussion, and everytime someone is a little bit critical of a coaches decision we don't always need some clever reply of "gee, yeah, maybe you should coach the team". All that does is discourage discussion and sparks wars or words between posters, which I'm sure we'd all agree, we can do without.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I think the reason he didn't get as much PT (which Bryce stated) is b/c he was getting pushed around a lot in the 2nd half when he was in. CU got 2 offensive rebounds in a row, and both were b/c Johnson got pushed aside by his man

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 955
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 45

If Cory can really bring up his strength & conditioning, he could be a dominant player with his all-out hustle and offensive abilities. Over the next year or two, him and WJ (and Brackins) will be a formidable front court.

I have to give props to Jiri, my concern used to be that he was bricking it in when he was in the paint, but he's obviously worked on his shots and is shooting it great now. Talk about the most improved player on team.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Dormeezy View Post
    I think that was an uneccessary post. tycobb was mearly starting up a discussion about CJ's limited PT last night. This is a forum for discussion, and everytime someone is a little bit critical of a coaches decision we don't always need some clever reply of "gee, yeah, maybe you should coach the team". All that does is discourage discussion and sparks wars or words between posters, which I'm sure we'd all agree, we can do without.
    I just get sick of hearing people thinking that they have all the answers from the stands. I mean just Saturday all we heard on here was how Dunson should have been playing the whole game and then he comes out last night and doesn't score. I think ours is the type of team this year where there aren't any no-brainer guys that should never come out no matter what. I understand that you'd like to see the guy with the hot hand out there, but I think Mac is looking at more than scoring with his decisions right now. I was ecstatic with CJ's effort offensively last night, but it seemed like on the other end they got every rebound/loose ball when he was underneath. It obviously hurt that wesley was out with foul trouble at that time too, but maybe that is what Mac was seeing when he didn't play a ton in the second half. Sorry if my first one came across as ripping somebody for second guessing the coach's decision. I just thought it was a little strong to be "screaming at g-mac" about a playing time decision.

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Dormeezy View Post

I disagree. The title of this thread is ridiculous in itself...Screaming at our coach(who I think everyone can agree has done an amazing job with what he has to work with this year) and telling him how to coach his team is just plain sad. But what's sadder, is to expect him to listen to your rant about how to coach his team. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and tycobb's opinion is fine...it's neither right, nor wrong. But to start a post and complain that G-Mac didn't listen to what you "screamed" at him is just ridiculous.

I think what we need is less people complaining about the way a coach does something, and more supporting of our teams. Complaining about a decision the coach made during the game doesn't help the situation. In G-Mac's situation, he has done incredible thus far this season. There is more excitement this season about Cyclone basketball than there has been in a few years. Let's keep it positive and support our players and coach!

(maybe a more appropriate title for this thread would have eliminated all this discussion)

Last edited by htownclone; 01-18-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

hey kittyhoops31 didnt u see 'Hercules' Jiri get shoved n blocked like a ragdoll?

i really didnt see cory get whipped as describe . I did see 4 straight times jiri get the ball smashed out of his hands then the last time come back on d to stand n watch a colorado man blow by him for layup. I wasnt in the stands anyway, i was yelling at the tv.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: hey kittyhoops31 didnt u see 'Hercules' Jiri get shoved n blocked like a ragdol

Quote Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
    i really didnt see cory get whipped as describe . I did see 4 straight times jiri get the ball smashed out of his hands then the last time come back on d to stand n watch a colorado man blow by him for layup. I wasnt in the stands anyway, i was yelling at the tv.
    Haha geez sorry to upset you so much. Yeah, I did see Jiri have quite a few bad possessions in a row too. Notice I never said anything about Jiri (Hercules) in my post. I was just giving my best reasoning for why CJ didn't play much the second half. It would have helped my understanding of your original post too had I known you were just yelling at your tv. I was imagining GMac hearing your anguished screams for CJ loud and clear in their Juco style gym over there and thinking it must have sounded pretty dumb. Now I've got what you mean...I screamed at my tv almost every play last night too (in between thoughts of dumping gasoline all over myself and lighting a match after some of our especially rough possessions).