Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 66,232, Level: 79
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,443
    Points
    66,232
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Clothing Question

    I was trying to be a good husband and do some laundry and I ended up washing and drying my wife's dry-clean-only pants. They shrunk about two sizes. Now, these pants weren't all that expensive but they were a match to a jacket she bought at the same time and she had a tailor alter the length of them. Together, they made for her favorite suit, particularly for TV appearances, which she does a couple times a month.

    I started looking around online for a replacement pair but it is difficult to determine if I'm looking at the same thing. I guess pants don't come with a unique ID number like a model and serial number. Or if they do, I don't know where to find it.

    They were Old Navy pants and ON changes their collection like every 6 months. These were from Summer 2008.

    Anyone know how to find something from a past seasons collection?

    I haven't contacted ON yet but maybe they could help.

    I'm trying to get out of the doghouse on this.

    I even tried to find them on Ebay with no luck. Am I screwed here?


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 352,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,870
    Points
    352,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 2

    Re: Clothing Question

    Can't help you, but I think you should let it go. That way, you can always say, "Remember what happened last time I did laundry?"

    You're off the hook for eternity on the laundry front.


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,615, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    dustinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Points
    55,615
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    Tell her to lose some weight so she can fit into the smaller jeans. That'll get you back into her good graces.




  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 10,629, Level: 31
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 621
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Cyano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    896
    Points
    10,629
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    It was nice knowing you. That's why I don't dare wash my wife's clothes when she isn't around to double check anything related to her clothes.




  5. #5
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 498,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,674
    Points
    498,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 776
    Given: 3,125

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    I was trying to be a good husband and do some laundry and I ended up washing and drying my wife's dry-clean-only pants. They shrunk about two sizes. Now, these pants weren't all that expensive but they were a match to a jacket she bought at the same time and she had a tailor alter the length of them. Together, they made for her favorite suit, particularly for TV appearances, which she does a couple times a month.

    I started looking around online for a replacement pair but it is difficult to determine if I'm looking at the same thing. I guess pants don't come with a unique ID number like a model and serial number. Or if they do, I don't know where to find it.

    They were Old Navy pants and ON changes their collection like every 6 months. These were from Summer 2008.

    Anyone know how to find something from a past seasons collection?

    I haven't contacted ON yet but maybe they could help.

    I'm trying to get out of the doghouse on this.

    I even tried to find them on Ebay with no luck. Am I screwed here?
    You are correct, pants don't come with a VIN.

    You could try e-mailing Old Navy's service department and see if they have any recommendations. At the very least, maybe they could give you a style number that they used to use on the pants - a lot of GAP/Old Navy's stuff has a style number. You could then try and google that.

    Good luck!!! I DO think you're off the hook for laundry for a long while...


    M 7/09

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 11,827, Level: 32
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    468
    Points
    11,827
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 24

    Re: Clothing Question

    That is exactly why I am only allowed to do my laundry and not my wife's or children's, IF I ever do laundry.

    I think you are going about this all wrong. Think of it more has an investment to your future laziness and not a mess up. If you think you need to fix this "wrong," then just seduce her.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 66,232, Level: 79
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,443
    Points
    66,232
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyfan View Post
    Can't help you, but I think you should let it go. That way, you can always say, "Remember what happened last time I did laundry?"

    You're off the hook for eternity on the laundry front.
    I'm still "allowed" to wash towels and whites.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 66,232, Level: 79
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,443
    Points
    66,232
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by dustinal View Post
    Tell her to lose some weight so she can fit into the smaller jeans. That'll get you back into her good graces.
    Yeah.......not the approach I'm willing to take.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 352,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,870
    Points
    352,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 2

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    I'm still "allowed" to wash towels and whites.
    "Accidentally" bleach the towels, and throw a couple of crayons in the dryer with the whites, and you're golden.


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 66,232, Level: 79
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,443
    Points
    66,232
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    You are correct, pants don't come with a VIN.

    You could try e-mailing Old Navy's service department and see if they have any recommendations. At the very least, maybe they could give you a style number that they used to use on the pants - a lot of GAP/Old Navy's stuff has a style number. You could then try and google that.

    Good luck!!! I DO think you're off the hook for laundry for a long while...
    Well, I've got a bit of a lead here. I was able to find the exact same jacket. For some reason, they sell the jacket but the matching pants are now only "wide_leg". Hers weren't.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 66,232, Level: 79
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,443
    Points
    66,232
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyfan View Post
    "Accidentally" bleach the towels, and throw a couple of crayons in the dryer with the whites, and you're golden.
    oooo...crayons in the dryer...that can't be good and many levels.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 352,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,870
    Points
    352,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 2

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    oooo...crayons in the dryer...that can't be good and many levels.
    It's devastating. One of my kids left a green and orange crayon in their pocket, and I spent quite a lot of time repairing the damage.


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  13. #13
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 498,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,674
    Points
    498,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 776
    Given: 3,125

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    Well, I've got a bit of a lead here. I was able to find the exact same jacket. For some reason, they sell the jacket but the matching pants are now only "wide_leg". Hers weren't.
    I'd definitely check and see if wide leg is acceptable to her - it's very fashionable right now, and can be tailored around if need be. A good tailor can probably take in some of that extra room around the seam - it may cost a bit, but it depends on how important that tighter fit is.

    I personally prefer a wider leg, just because I have to move around a lot in my suits (helping install computers, etc.) - it gives you a little more room.


    M 7/09

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 81,388, Level: 88
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames, Born and Raised
    Posts
    8,423
    Points
    81,388
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    Run. Run fast, run hard, run far. Just run.


    It's Bushbama!

    2 time Chupacabra of Humor Award Recipient

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrog
    I will admit, I am to blame in sometimes making mountains out of molehills.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 66,232, Level: 79
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,443
    Points
    66,232
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Clothing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by cmoneyr View Post
    Run. Run fast, run hard, run far. Just run.
    Ha. I think I'm OK. She wasn't that mad. She has a TV appearance tomorrow morning but she was planning on wearing different suit for that appearance anyway.

    And for the record, they weren't dry clean only. She dry cleans them but the tag says machine wash cold and tumble dry low. I did that. So I get a free pass on this one since I read the tags for the very reason that I didn't want to wash something that shouldn't be. I didn't know she dry cleans things that aren't dry clean only. I guess if something fits exactly as she wants it to, she'll dry clean it. Who knew?


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM