Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 8,873, Level: 28
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Rolling Clones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    205
    Points
    8,873
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 70
    "That's as loud as I've heard a basketball arena in my life!" - Reid Gettys 12/13/2013


    "Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 24,147, Level: 47
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    psycln11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,607
    Points
    24,147
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    All they had to do was keep Crabtree out of the endzone on one play and there would have been NO asterix.

    Better yet, don't drop the INT on one of the previous plays...GAME OVER.


    Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

  3. #3
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Pathetic



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 37,830, Level: 59
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wonkadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,506
    Points
    37,830
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 152

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    A program with their tradition and history looks absolutely stupid doing something like that. Now for ISU, I think we should have built some huge memorial for our Big 12 North "title" a few years back!



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 155,053, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,675
    Points
    155,053
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 56

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    I like your quote RC. I once had a buddy try to tell me that that moive was based on Iowa (his UI grad father told him this). I didn't have the heart to tell him that his old man is full of **** and that it's based on Dartmouth (where co-writer Chris Miller had been a frat member).

    I agree that this asterisk buisiness appears petty and is beneath a program with a storied history such as UT has.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 83,378, Level: 89
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,052
    Points
    83,378
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    I guess I see no problem with this. Texas beat OU and the only reason that they didn't play in the championship game was because of a subjective poll. In fact, shouldn't OU's championship have an astericks as well? They split the South title too didn't they.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 189,777, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,864
    Points
    189,777
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 182

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Well hang the 2004 North Division champ flag back on the press box at JTS.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 147,885, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,639
    Points
    147,885
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    I see nothing wrong with it, they won it and should be allowed to proclaim it.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 189,777, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,864
    Points
    189,777
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 182

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it, they won it and should be allowed to proclaim it.
    Yet some rip ISU for doing the same thing.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,908, Level: 77
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Points
    62,908
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 160

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    I guess I see no problem with this. Texas beat OU and the only reason that they didn't play in the championship game was because of a subjective poll. In fact, shouldn't OU's championship have an astericks as well? They split the South title too didn't they.
    Uhhh.... UT is claiming to be champions of a game they didn't play in - that's what's wrong with this.

    Does Ole Miss have a banner in their football complex saying they are BCS champions for 08/09 because they beat Florida? Didn't think so.

    C'mon Texas, you're better than that.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 120,087, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,069
    Points
    120,087
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 243

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    Uhhh.... UT is claiming to be champions of a game they didn't play in - that's what's wrong with this.

    Does Ole Miss have a banner in their football complex saying they are BCS champions for 08/09 because they beat Florida? Didn't think so.

    C'mon Texas, you're better than that.
    Agree totally - the Ole Miss analogy is right on.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 147,885, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,639
    Points
    147,885
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Yet some rip ISU for doing the same thing.
    and I'm not one of them. Regardless of what people say, we earned that trophy and should be proud of it.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 95,449, Level: 96
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,601
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,929
    Points
    95,449
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 122

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    and I'm not one of them. Regardless of what people say, we earned that trophy and should be proud of it.
    I really do not feel like we "earned" anything after the way we lost to Missouri.

    I disagree with the premise that we "tied" for the division. Colorado defeated us, and both teams ended the year with the same divisional record (4-4), therefore Colorado won the division by virtue of head-to-head tiebreaker and went on to represent the North in the championship game. Colorado should have the only divisional trophy.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,908, Level: 77
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Points
    62,908
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 160

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    I really do not feel like we "earned" anything after the way we lost to Missouri.

    I disagree with the premise that we "tied" for the division. Colorado defeated us, and both teams ended the year with the same divisional record (4-4), therefore Colorado won the division by virtue of head-to-head tiebreaker and went on to represent the North in the championship game. Colorado should have the only divisional trophy.
    Doesn't Colorado winning a tiebreaker imply that they were tied with someone? You can disagree all you want, but we tied with CU for the division crown according to the rules of the Big 12. It may seem meaningless since we didn't play in the CCG, but it's still a co-division title nonetheless.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 18,636, Level: 41
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    TxCycloneFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bastrop TX
    Posts
    1,483
    Points
    18,636
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas Longhorns....2008 Big 12 Football Champs!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it, they won it and should be allowed to proclaim it.

    The only problem is that they didn't play in the title game.

    I claim the 2008 Big 12 Championship in the name of ISU.

    We didn't play in the game either.

    Sorry CarolinaCy I didn't see that you beat me to it. But tu is not better than that. They are exactly that.


    Last edited by TxCycloneFan; 04-06-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: props to CarolinaCy
    Go Clones!!
    Gig 'em Aggies!!
    Saw 'em off!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM