Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

Medders receiving hate mail (please post your positive comments for her here)

I added this to the thread about BF...yet I think it deserves its own attention. This makes me sick.

Link

Fennelly also addressed his comments following Saturday's game, where he called the loss the lowest point of his career at ISU and later said, "It might be time, it might be time."

Those words, Fennelly said, came out of the frustration of not being able to get through to his players the way he has in the past.

"I love coaching here, and I love the players on this team," Fennelly said. "It's hard to see them suffer and it's hard to see them lose. It's hard to have Lyndsey Medders in my office crying because she gets e-mails from people basically blasting her.

"What I told the kids is that any negative things that happen over the next seven to eight weeks is my responsibility. Any issues we have with anyone, I'm going to deal with personally."
    EDIT

As suggested by a couple of members that posted here, I think adding comments to send as a group message would be great. Please add your comments you'd like to have sent to Lyndsey in " " marks. I'll see if after few days Jeremy can put them in one message to send to her and coach Fennelly.

Last edited by ISUFan22; 01-16-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 100

Re: Medders receiving hate mail from fans

wow...that is just wrong...it's one thing to bash our own players on message boards and what not, but to personally send them emails is just wrong. I wish there could be something done about this...

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 254

Now that pisses me off. Medders have given so much to ISU, put in so much time for ISU, and has been an example of what a college roll model should be for any young person. That just isn't right

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Maybe we could send her a group email letting her know that we appreciate her. Although I'd be afraid to have her email address posted for easy access just in case there are some #*$$ lurking.

Addict
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    Maybe we could send her a group email letting her know that we appreciate her. Although I'd be afraid to have her email address posted for easy access just in case there are some #*$$ lurking.
    I'm looking her's up in the directory later to send one. It's pretty pathetic to send ANY student athlete hate mail, especially a great woman's bball player who came from across the country to play here and has been pure class from day 1.

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

Maybe we could do a group one and have Jeremy send it so the address didn't have to be posted??? What a disgrace, who in their right mind would do such a thing?

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think adding comments here to send as a group message would be great. I'll edit the original post to ask for this. Please add your comments you'd like to have sent to Lyndsey in " " marks.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think we should do something like that. Maybe have one of our better writers on the board write up something nice and then we will all have the chance to 'sign' it.

EDIT: see ISUFan22 above post. (we must of hit enter at the same time)

Addict
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 40

Re: Medders receiving hate mail from fans (please post your positive comments for her

wow.....

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Medders receiving hate mail from fans (please post your positive comments for her

My comments to Lyndsey...

"Lyndsey, while I'm not a devoted follower of women's ISU basketball, I've always watched your career. Not only because of your on-the-court performances - but mostly because of the person you are. When I read the article about you in the Ventura County Star - I was honestly moved. Not only do you have a great following from where you grew up, Cyclones across the country love and respect you - the athlete and human being. It's obvious when I read such articles as to why you are one of the most beloved Cyclones.

You've always been proud to be in Ames and wear that Cardinal & Gold uniform. Thank you for your dedication on the court and to the Ames community. Enjoy your final months as a Cyclone - I know I will. You will be missed, but never forgotten."

Rookie
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Medders receiving hate mail (please post your positive comments for her here)

"Medders, Please accept our collective apologies for the students or community members that feel it neccessary to e-mail you negative comments regarding your representation of ISU athletics. You should find some solice in knowing that you and the entire women's team have the full support of all of the true ISU fanbase. Put your head down, lace 'em up forget the haters and do what you do best."

My 2 cents.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131

Re: Medders receiving hate mail (please post your positive comments for her here)

I wrote a really long story about her after her season last year basically pointing out how she was a statistical phenom. How anybody could criticize her is beyond my imagination. No wonder Bill wants to hang it up, that would just break your heart to hear about that stuff. I'm going to make it to a few more women's games this year to show support to Medders. They may not have had the team success we've had in the past with Medders at the point, but I seriously think they should retire her jersey. How many ISU records does she hold?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

To Medders
    "I had a great time watching you play at Hilton during my last two years at ISU. I will never forget how much fun my friends and I had at the WNIT games. Whatever 'fan' sent you those emails is no fan at all. There are many real fans out there that truly value the years and the victories that you have given ISU over the years. I know that the team is in a small slump right now, and that probably pushed some coward over the edge and made that small person type some words they thought were big onto their keyboard - here are some better words - we at Cyclone Fanatic love ISU WBB! Best of luck in the rest of the Big12 and post season play. Thank you for being a CYCLONE!"

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23

Don't sweat it Medders, the chump who sent the hate mail is just mad because his World of Warcraft game disk got scratched and he can't play it anymore. ;)

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I actually read this in the Tribune this afternoon, and sat down and wrote her this letter or encouragement.

Ms. Lyndsey Medders-

Hi, my name is [ornryactor]. I'm a junior in music education, and a big follower of the women's basketball team. I saw in the newspaper that some "fans"- how dare they call themselves that- have been sending you and your teammates hate mail for failing to win recently. That is despicable. I cannot believe that anyone who calls themselves a fan of Cyclone athletics would dare to do something so lowbrow to a student athlete. I don't know if you'll even read this considering the volume of mail you must get, but I hope I can do my small part in counteracting all the negative mail.

It's true that your team is in a bit of a hard spot right now, but it is far from the end-of-the-world situation that so many people are irrationally making it out to be. You are one of the leaders of a wonderful and talented group of young women under a wonderful and talented head coach. You had an outstanding season until recently, so it's certainly not that any of you are lacking in ability.

I am just one of so many people- students, alumni, community members, families- who are nothing but supportive of you, your team, and your coach. I come to the games to cheer on my Cyclones. I stay until the end no matter what happens, because you are giving it everything you've got in each game, and you deserve recognition for that regardless of the final score. This team is a face of the entire body of Iowa State University, and you do an outstanding job of representing us. I hope you realize and remember that there are many more people out there with these same opinions than just me. The phrase "vocal minority" holds true for a reason- the smallest group of people with a dissenting opinion is always the one that is shouting the loudest. The folks who are attacking you are small people, indeed. Remember that for every one person insulting you for doing this or not doing that, there are 50 others who have nothing but encouragement and kind words for you.

You are an athlete, but you are also a student, so at least I can sympathize on one front. I wish you the very best in your classes and activities this semester, and hope they prove to be tolerable (since 'enjoyable' is probably a little far-fetched). I also wish you the very best in practice. Why 'in practice' and not 'in games'? As a musician, I have something else in common with athletes- how we practice is how we perform. I cannot put forth a minimum of effort or focus in my practice time and expect to put forth a world-class performance when I'm on stage. Therefore, I wish you a strong, productive practice time that naturally translates onto the game court.

Good luck, have a great semester, and thank you so much for all that you have given back to this great university.

From a real Cyclone fan,

-[ornryactor]

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.