Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Verizon Hub

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 74,221, Level: 84
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycopath25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (307)
    Posts
    5,112
    Points
    74,221
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Verizon Hub

    Thoughts?


    Verizon Wireless

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFE1kf_t-hY]YouTube - Verizon Hub[/ame]



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,425, Level: 73
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,659
    Points
    56,425
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 52

    Re: Verizon Hub

    That monthly fee is ridiculous. They should just charge for the phone and allow the content for free if you use them for Internet access.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 93,293, Level: 95
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,757
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    Posts
    6,202
    Points
    93,293
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

    Re: Verizon Hub

    I don't get it......

    It's a regular phone turned into a smartphone, but it still isn't very smart.

    I can do everything that thing does on my computer or my phone already. Whats the purpose of having it?

    It will probably cost more than a pda and have less functions.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 15,088, Level: 37
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    MrGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    875
    Points
    15,088
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7

    Re: Verizon Hub

    Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    I don't get it......

    It's a regular phone turned into a smartphone, but it still isn't very smart.

    I can do everything that thing does on my computer or my phone already. Whats the purpose of having it?

    It will probably cost more than a pda and have less functions.
    I agree, plus you can't put it in your pocket



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 74,221, Level: 84
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycopath25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (307)
    Posts
    5,112
    Points
    74,221
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: Verizon Hub

    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreg View Post
    I agree, plus you can't put it in your pocket

    I think you can link it to your mobile phone as well . . . Not 100% sure.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 93,293, Level: 95
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,757
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    Posts
    6,202
    Points
    93,293
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

    Re: Verizon Hub

    I think verizon is a little late to the party on this one. I just found this article on it.
    Verizon's Hub: Reinventing the Home Phone - BusinessWeek

    This is something sprint put out last summer AIRAVE

    It allows you with a high speed internet connection to turn your cell phone into VoIP for $15 per month with unlimited mins/data usage the box is $99

    Verizon wants $200 for this and $35 a month and it is not even a cell phone..... It is just a souped up cordless phone.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 74,221, Level: 84
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycopath25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (307)
    Posts
    5,112
    Points
    74,221
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: Verizon Hub

    Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    I think verizon is a little late to the party on this one. I just found this article on it.
    Verizon's Hub: Reinventing the Home Phone - BusinessWeek

    This is something sprint put out last summer AIRAVE

    It allows you with a high speed internet connection to turn your cell phone into VoIP for $15 per month with unlimited mins/data usage the box is $99

    Verizon wants $200 for this and $35 a month and it is not even a cell phone..... It is just a souped up cordless phone.

    You can always go this route.

    magicJack

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcInJGiegs]YouTube - Magic Jack Infomercial[/ame]



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM