Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Interesting early look at bball season. Cant get here soon enough. Whats everyones thoughts on A&M in the top 10?!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2491073

Pro
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,328
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 15
    I think that is pretty bold to put A&M at #10. Remember that these are just early rankings. Things can quickly change as the start playing ball. Often the wheels can quickly fall of a team that had high preseason expectations and national hype. Especially when they are looking to a "much needed boost in the post" from a freshman. He also mentioned the best 1-2 punch in the Big 12. We have seen that before!
    I would love to see what they said about Iowa State last summer, but I think it would be almost exactly the same. Perhaps Billy Gillispie will be looking for job next summer.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Last year that had us at 13th, with a dominating backcourt returning. Also a little note "needs to find a post replacement for Jared Homan" ha. for once the preseason mags. were actually right!

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139
    I think 10th might be a stretch this early on considering some of the other teams out there. I'm not saying they won't be in the hunt to be in the top 2 or 3 in the conference at the end of the year but 10th is quite a jump for them this early.

On the same subject, I really think Kansas is going to be incredibly tough and deep. They probably scare me more than any team in the country with the sheer talent they have. They may not be consistent yet, but when they find their stride, we better have found ours.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 10
    The Aggies return every starter, have got great balance with a top-tier front court player (Jones) and a top-tier back court player (Law). They have a pretty good recruiting class coming in, a coach (Gillespie) that everyone loves, and they've got some momentum following a first-round NCAA win, and a strong 2nd round showing. The Aggies program has earned a pre-season top 10.

Hopefully we'll be in the same position in two years.

"It's just another gym" -- Jamaal Tinsley, on playing at Phog Allen Fieldhouse

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    I think it's funny they said that the first round loss to Bradley would propel the team to work harder. Well the loss to Bucknell was two years ago. I know a lot of those players weren't on the team, but I bet there were enough of them that they probably shouldn't have let that happen again.

At first I couldn't believe it when A&M was in the top 10...but who else would you put up there? They are probably going to be as good as anybody below them right now, and if anything, they will be comparable to other teams.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BryceC &#064; Jun 20 2006, 01&#58;04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I think it&#39;s funny they said that the first round loss to Bradley would propel the team to work harder. Well the loss to Bucknell was two years ago. I know a lot of those players weren&#39;t on the team, but I bet there were enough of them that they probably shouldn&#39;t have let that happen again.

At first I couldn&#39;t believe it when A&M was in the top 10...but who else would you put up there? They are probably going to be as good as anybody below them right now, and if anything, they will be comparable to other teams.
    [/b][/quote]

Plus Law IV has the best jersey ever....

Clones Rule

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 260

Unhappy

Creightion at #22 is ahead of #25 Texas. How fast the mighty do fall.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.