Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 46

Thumbs up Pollard: Flat Out BRILLIANT!

Folks just don't seem to get it! They are so up in arms about the game and the fact that single tickets won't be available (most importantly to the Hawkeye Faithful!)....How dare Jamie Pollard do that to them....but it's not about the game.

Jamie is not worried about the game. Jamie's focus is on once again setting the agenda for people to talk about ISU. He wants the focus to be on Cyclone Sports, not the Hawkeyes - and its WORKING.

Secondly, Jamie is trying to get traction on selling tickets for next year and the best way to do it is first to get people talking about Cyclone Football - guess what, another home run for Jamie.

Hawkeye's are all upset because how dare ISU diss-them. Afterall, we are just the lowly ugly step child in this state. Jamie has the Hawkeye nation talking Cyclone Football. John Miller calls Jamie the Godfather - He should be called the Puppetier - Jamie is flat out BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 320

Re: Pollard: Flat Out BRILLIANT!

So, what - a limited number of Suckeye fans crashing in at the Jack? WAAAAAH!!! Suckeye fans are just ****** they didn't think of it first to keep us out of Kinnick

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 54

If this works, Pollard's statue will need to go up on central campus. Looking at the numbers, say all 31k season ticket holders from last season stay. 5k go to Iowa for their designated section. That leaves just under 20k seats for the Iowa game. Do you think that we can sell those seats between additional season ticket holders and people just interested in the Iowa game? With season tickets as low as $125 and single game Iowa tickets at around 60, I'm willing to bet that between fans of both schools there are plenty of people who would cough up that much to go to the game.

Pollard is taking a gamble on this, but I'm sure he has looked at the numbers carefully. If he hits with this, he hits big.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

i guess im in the camp that jp is doing nothing other than giving isu fans and alumns what they SAY they want. a winning program in football. fans have talked the talk and it is time to walk the walk, as jp is absolutely serious about making it a first rate program and expanding seating. fact is some iowa alumns may be doctors and lawyers, however, there are lots of isu alumni who are extremly successful. for example lipitor was invented by an isu alumn. dow chemical's ceo is an isu alumn. just two examples but there are tons of successful isu alumni out there. and certainly enough to buy season tickets at $350 a pop.

Last edited by dsouth; 01-17-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Pollard is making the right move on the Iowa game/season ticket issue because of the need to increase overall revenue in the long run. I'm cool with his logic. There is an underlying reason. The ISU/Iowa game simply needs 90/10 ISU fans at JT, not a bunch of jacka$$ Iowa fans ruining the day for ISU faithful. I know the money issue is the main reason, but it would be so sweet to keep most of those idiots out of our stadium.

Pro
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 66

The fact that Hawk fans are so up in arms about JP's latest decision makes me say- Way to go Jamie, you've done it again!!! He's making the Hawk fans decide just how bad they want to follow their "national championship contending" team. Should be worth at least $350 if they're really that damn good.

Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.