Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Saw this AP article on Mac's pay raise and have some issues with it. First of all, I wish Dan would stop with the poor-mouthing of the football program for self serving reasons. He did just get a raise after all.

Also, I take issue with the author stating our facilities lag well behind those of our conference counterparts. Really? We lag well behind KU, KSU, TT, Baylor, Mizzou, Okie State in our facilities? Do all those schools have a building like our indoor training facility? I would say we are in the middle of the pack with regard to our facilities, and yes we need to make improvevments at JTS, but it looks like that is being addressed.

Finally, the author saying the Hawks have dominated the state for a century is just stupid. I might be ranting here, but I really get tired of these types of articles that always paint ISU in the same negative light true or not. I guess winning will take care of that eventually.

AP Article

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Klubber &#064; Jun 20 2006, 11&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Saw this AP article on Mac&#39;s pay raise and have some issues with it. First of all, I wish Dan would stop with the poor-mouthing of the football program for self serving reasons. He did just get a raise after all. [/b][/quote]

Poor-mouthing? He stated facts, where the program was and where it is today. Not a damn thing wrong with that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Klubber &#064; Jun 20 2006, 11&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Also, I take issue with the author stating our facilities lag well behind those of our conference counterparts. Really? We lag well behind KU, KSU, TT, Baylor, Mizzou, Okie State in our facilities? Do all those schools have a building like our indoor training facility? I would say we are in the middle of the pack with regard to our facilities, and yes we need to make improvevments at JTS, but it looks like that is being addressed. [/b][/quote]

Dude, it&#39;s not the author. Pollard, D-Mac and everyone else that has traveled around the Big 12 says the same thing - ISU is near the bottom in regards to budget and facilities.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Klubber &#064; Jun 20 2006, 11&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Finally, the author saying the Hawks have dominated the state for a century is just stupid. I might be ranting here, but I really get tired of these types of articles that always paint ISU in the same negative light true or not. I guess winning will take care of that eventually.[/b][/quote]

Again, facts don&#39;t lie. Iowa has dominated the state for most of its history. Recently that has changed, but you can&#39;t change the past, nor blame a writer for stating it.

Legend
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 863
    Given: 177
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Klubber &#064; Jun 20 2006, 11&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Saw this AP article on Mac&#39;s pay raise and have some issues with it. First of all, I wish Dan would stop with the poor-mouthing of the football program for self serving reasons. He did just get a raise after all.

Also, I take issue with the author stating our facilities lag well behind those of our conference counterparts. Really? We lag well behind KU, KSU, TT, Baylor, Mizzou, Okie State in our facilities? Do all those schools have a building like our indoor training facility? I would say we are in the middle of the pack with regard to our facilities, and yes we need to make improvevments at JTS, but it looks like that is being addressed.

Finally, the author saying the Hawks have dominated the state for a century is just stupid. I might be ranting here, but I really get tired of these types of articles that always paint ISU in the same negative light true or not. I guess winning will take care of that eventually.

AP Article
    [/b][/quote]

You definetlly took this article the wrong way. It dosent stress that we currently are a bad team, or that we currentlly get dominated by Iowa. It simply states that these are things that were happening when McCarney took over the program in 95, and he has turned it all around, and that these things are not what is currently happening.

Its a very good article that shows that McCarney was well deserving of this raise.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Klubber &#064; Jun 20 2006, 11&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]

KSU, TT, Baylor, Mizzou, and Okie State all have better facilities than we do in my opinion, and I&#39;ve been to all of their campuses. Although Baylor is pretty close. They are a private university remember, so I could be wrong, but they seem like they&#39;re playing with some more money. Waco is a weird as crap town though, even not including that whole cult thing.

KU, which I went to last year, (shudder), I didn&#39;t see anything around. Their stadium, while it looks alright from the outside, is pretty ghetto inside. I got the impression that they pour every last dime into basketball and that it&#39;s been that way for a while. Mangino has some work to do down there Dan McCarney style.

And if you&#39;ve ever been to Austin or Norman, you&#39;ll see what real sports complexes look like.

I also could be wrong about this, but I think ISU was one of the last schools in the Big 12 to get an indoor training facility.

Rookie
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I&#39;m surprised to hear that. I haven&#39;t been to any of those schools, only going on what I see on T.V. during games. TT&#39;s stadium looked horrible to me. I believe they still have the old Astro Turf rather than the newer Filed Turf that everyone is using. Baylor&#39;s stadium looks like crap on T.V. also.

I didn&#39;t realize we were one of the last Big XII schools to get an indoor facility. However, are you saying all the other Big XII teams currently have a better or similar indoor facility? At some schools, an indoor facility is a field with an inflatible bubble. I know Okie St&#39;s facilities recently underwent major renovations which look really good.