Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Coach Mac

  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,816, Level: 31
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    hawkeye_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ID via PA via ME via IA
    Posts
    305
    Points
    10,816
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Coach Mac

    Look Folks. I know you don't necesarrily appreciate posts from Hawk fans but in regards to Coach Mac.
    • Pollard has stated last year was year 1.
    • President Goffrey has stated that he feels Pollard is the best AD in the country.
    • No matter how you feel about the above, clearly Mac is going to get at least one more year (as well he should).
    • Next year, is make or break. He has had plenty of time. There should be no more excuses about player turnover, Coach Morgan, etc.
    • Even if Brackins leaves, this is year four. No excuses.
    Stop with the excuses. Look, I am an Iowa fan but I am also an ISU alum and like to follow the Clones. You guys are going to have a good team. Have some expectations. I wish the Hawks had as much talent coming back and in next year. If Brackins is as good as you and I think he is, this should be a NCAA team. I truely feel that Mac is a good coach but he needs to get it done.

    Like I said, I wish the Hawks were in the position you are in. Obviously the Iowa program is in bad shape. It is frustrating to me to see folks accept that ISU is struggling because they are in better shape than the Hawks.

    I am tired of hearing about Drake and UNI. It is apparent to me that the Hawks are probably not going to be atourney team next year so I would love to see the Clones step up. It can happen.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 81,296, Level: 88
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,730
    Points
    81,296
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    I don't know where this came from, but as of right now, I'd say that Lickliter is on a bigger hot seat than Mac right now. After the recent defections there are a lot of Hawk fans calling for his head on the message boards.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 431,706, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,788
    Points
    431,706
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 15

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    I don't know where this came from, but as of right now, I'd say that Lickliter is on a bigger hot seat than Mac right now. After the recent defections there are a lot of Hawk fans calling for his head on the message boards.
    People stopped calling for Mac's head?

    MontyBurns, can you please post so I know you're alive?



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 85,495, Level: 90
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    superdorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,948
    Points
    85,495
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    People stopped calling for Mac's head?

    MontyBurns, can you please post so I know you're alive?
    He's probably busy calling for Lick's head on HN.



  5. #5
    Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,338
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_t View Post
    Look Folks. I know you don't necesarrily appreciate posts from Hawk fans but in regards to Coach Mac.
    • Pollard has stated last year was year 1.
    • President Goffrey has stated that he feels Pollard is the best AD in the country.
    • No matter how you feel about the above, clearly Mac is going to get at least one more year (as well he should).
    • Next year, is make or break. He has had plenty of time. There should be no more excuses about player turnover, Coach Morgan, etc.
    • Even if Brackins leaves, this is year four. No excuses.

    Stop with the excuses. Look, I am an Iowa fan but I am also an ISU alum and like to follow the Clones. You guys are going to have a good team. Have some expectations. I wish the Hawks had as much talent coming back and in next year. If Brackins is as good as you and I think he is, this should be a NCAA team. I truely feel that Mac is a good coach but he needs to get it done.

    Like I said, I wish the Hawks were in the position you are in. Obviously the Iowa program is in bad shape. It is frustrating to me to see folks accept that ISU is struggling because they are in better shape than the Hawks.

    I am tired of hearing about Drake and UNI. It is apparent to me that the Hawks are probably not going to be atourney team next year so I would love to see the Clones step up. It can happen.
    Traitor!!!!



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_t View Post
    Look, I am an Iowa fan but I am also an ISU alum and like to follow the Clones.
    I stopped reading your post after that line. Can't stand your kind....



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,182, Level: 91
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,312
    Points
    87,182
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 17

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_t View Post
    Look Folks. I know you don't necesarrily appreciate posts from Hawk fans
    You are correct!



  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,816, Level: 31
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    hawkeye_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ID via PA via ME via IA
    Posts
    305
    Points
    10,816
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    I stopped reading your post after that line. Can't stand your kind....
    Just curious, wh did you choose the school you went to? What do you feel about folks who support the Clones but did not go to school at ISU?



  9. #9
    Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,338
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Don't compare us to EIU where every one that made it to 8th grade in eastern Iowa is a squawker.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,182, Level: 91
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,312
    Points
    87,182
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 17

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_t View Post
    Just curious, wh did you choose the school you went to? What do you feel about folks who support the Clones but did not go to school at ISU?
    Is my dad supposed to cheer for Iowa Central because he went there? Can't quite say that Iowa Central's basketball atmosphere matches that of Hilton Coliseum. The fact is you went to Iowa State, a school with a BCS level athletic program, and you then decide to be a fan of their in-state rival!!



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,816, Level: 31
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    hawkeye_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ID via PA via ME via IA
    Posts
    305
    Points
    10,816
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    I don't know where this came from, but as of right now, I'd say that Lickliter is on a bigger hot seat than Mac right now. After the recent defections there are a lot of Hawk fans calling for his head on the message boards.
    This came from reading post after post calling out Mac. Look, I don't think he is the next John Wooden by any means but he is not going anywhere. Get on board because the teams is going to improve. I don't know if Mac is the guy but I don't think it is time to jump off the bandwagon just yet. There is no question that Coach Lick is on the hot seat. I was pretty happy with where the Hawks were and where they were headed until the last week. I am officially on the fence but as long as Lick in the coach, he has my support.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 81,296, Level: 88
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,730
    Points
    81,296
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    Don't compare us to EIU where every one that made it to 8th grade in eastern Iowa is a squawker.
    I think you have that backwards, it should be everyone who dropped out before the 8th grade is a squawker.



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,816, Level: 31
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    hawkeye_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ID via PA via ME via IA
    Posts
    305
    Points
    10,816
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    Is my dad supposed to cheer for Iowa Central because he went there? Can't quite say that Iowa Central's basketball atmosphere matches that of Hilton Coliseum. The fact is you went to Iowa State, a school with a BCS level athletic program, and you then decide to be a fan of their in-state rival!!
    That is where this entire argument fails. I didn't just decide to be a fan of their in-state rival when I chose to go to ISU. I went to ISU when I was 20 years old and had been to all but 3 Iowa football games in person from the age of 4 until I went to ISU. I did not choose a school because of the sports team. I went to ISU because I liked the school and that was where my now wife went.

    BTW, you did not answer my question. What do you think of folks who support ISU and did not go to school there?



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,182, Level: 91
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,312
    Points
    87,182
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 17

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_t View Post
    That is where this entire argument fails. I didn't just decide to be a fan of their in-state rival when I chose to go to ISU. I went to ISU when I was 20 years old and had been to all but 3 Iowa football games in person from the age of 4 until I went to ISU. I did not choose a school because of the sports team. I went to ISU because I liked the school and that was where my now wife went.

    BTW, you did not answer my question. What do you think of folks who support ISU and did not go to school there?
    I'm sure Iowa embraces the fact that you went to ISU but you are a Hawk. I embrace the fact that maybe there is a Nebraska grad out there who is a Clone. Be a fan of who you want, but dont expect the slightest bit of respect on our messageboards!



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_t View Post
    Just curious, wh did you choose the school you went to? What do you feel about folks who support the Clones but did not go to school at ISU?
    I actually grew up a hawkeye fan and went to the U of Iowa for a year. I then transfered to Iowa State and fell in love with the cyclones. It was hard giving up being a hawkeye basketball fan but Steve Alford helped kill that.

    Seneca Wallace is what made me a cyclone fan. First game at Jack Trice in the student section made me realize how much fun I would be missing if I stayed a hawkeye fan.

    What do I think of ISU students who cheer for Iowa? Well, let's just say I wasn't buying them a drink at the bar. Phonies...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM