Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Question - How much additional revenue will the ticket price increase generate?

Assuming that the season ticket sales of last season are at least equal, does anyone have a projection of the revenue increase that raising the price of season tickets will generate?

URBCLONE

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Question - How much additional revenue will the ticket price increase generate?

I would love to see the season ticket sales be equal, but my honest opinion is that we will see a drop. My group of 4 will not be dropping any of our tickets, but I know people that will be.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Question - How much additional revenue will the ticket price increase generate?

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    I would love to see the season ticket sales be equal, but my honest opinion is that we will see a drop. My group of 4 will not be dropping any of our tickets, but I know people that will be.
    I am renewing my tickets as well. I am just curious if anyone has projected the amount of additional revenue that this will generate.

URBCLONE

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Hard to say. Some of the tickets were $99 going to $125. There are some other new tiers of tickets and the full, regular season ticket is going from $260 to $350.

Depends how many tickets were sold in each the $99 level and the $260 level.

I'd say be generous and give 5K at $99 and the remaining 25K at $260. Holding the same allocation and adding the hike, you're looking at around $2.25 million.

But who knows. Some might opt up, some down, some come, some go, most stay....

Most I know who already have tickets are staying put. But I've talked to a couple who had talking about starting to get tickets, that have gone into that "think about it" mode - which I believe in most cases amounts to not getting them.

Last edited by DaddyMac; 01-16-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Rookie
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

The 30k season tickets included students. I would say that 10000 were $99(I think student tickets were $99 also), 2000 were faculty and the remaining 18000+ were full price.

If only 13372 are renewed from the 18000, that is a wash. IMO, there is no doubt ISU will bring in more money this year than last.