Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 136,100, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,190
    Points
    136,100
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    KCCI HD news on Tuesday

    I saw a couple ads during the basketball games today, apparently KCCI is following in WHO's footsteps and doing a segment of the news in HD on Tuesday night at 10:00. I only saw parts of the commercials so I didn't get the whole story, but I think they're calling it "High Altitude HD" and at first I thought they were using a helicopter, but I'm thinking they're actually taking an HD camera to the top of the Principal building for views of downtown.

    Anyone who saw the commercials care to add some info? I couldn't find anything on kcci.com, but could be interesting.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 191,275, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    16,225
    Points
    191,275
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 1,787

    Re: KCCI HD news on Tuesday

    Thats a start. It is painful to watch anything not in HD.

    Now if only the Big 12 could do something about its TV package.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 959,754, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    66,541
    Points
    959,754
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 8,172

    Re: KCCI HD news on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    I saw a couple ads during the basketball games today, apparently KCCI is following in WHO's footsteps and doing a segment of the news in HD on Tuesday night at 10:00. I only saw parts of the commercials so I didn't get the whole story, but I think they're calling it "High Altitude HD" and at first I thought they were using a helicopter, but I'm thinking they're actually taking an HD camera to the top of the Principal building for views of downtown.

    Anyone who saw the commercials care to add some info? I couldn't find anything on kcci.com, but could be interesting.
    Looks like it was 801 Grand.

    I agree with ajk. Now that I've been spoiled with HD, everything else seems really bad.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 125,316, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    17,217
    Points
    125,316
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 519
    Given: 360

    Re: KCCI HD news on Tuesday

    Wonder if they're doing what WHO-TV did in pre-taping a news segment in HD and then passing it off as being "live."



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 136,100, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,190
    Points
    136,100
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: KCCI HD news on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Thats a start. It is painful to watch anything not in HD.

    Now if only the Big 12 could do something about its TV package.

    Yeah, that's a different story...

    I don't watch the news on tv much, but if one of the local channels would step up and do it in HD, that would definitely be my news channel of choice. I wouldn't care who had the most Doppler watts.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 136,100, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,190
    Points
    136,100
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: KCCI HD news on Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Looks like it was 801 Grand.

    I agree with ajk. Now that I've been spoiled with HD, everything else seems really bad.

    Yes, that's the Principal Building, try to keep up.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM