Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 36

Great Effort Today Clones!

I'll admit it, before the game I was thinking/saying that I would be happy if we could just keep it close and play with them the way we did with OSU and have a chance at the end. Of course in the heat of the moment, it's disappointing to come so close and play so hard and come up just close. Looking back, there were some plays, calls, and free throws that would have been nice to go our way, but you have to be ecstatic with the effort and progress that these guys are showing. To be sitting 2-1 in the Big 12 with 2 very winnable games coming up is a great feeling, even with the pit in your stomach after losing a close one that we could have gotten. More than anything, these guys have definitely proven worthy of our unwavering support for the rest of this season and beyond. Just thinking about how well we played for much of the game today and then realizing that we only lose Gray and will be adding some nice pieces has got to get you excited! Immediately after the game I wanted to go on a Dennis Green style tirade (if you want to crown them then crown their @$$...etc), but cooling down from the moment a little I am thrilled with how hard and how smart our guys are playing. I really don't think there will be any game this year that we don't at least have a chance in because of that. Go clones and lets try to make it just as tough and environment for the Wildcats next Saturday!

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 42

Re: Great Effort Today Clones!

I didn't feel we played that well today and still hung in with one of the best teams in the land. I hope these guys keep buying what the coaches are selling because it's almost unbelievable how much these guys have improved in a short time. After watching this team lately, I'll be surprised if we don't win 8-9 conference games now. Just gotta take it one game at a time and keep healthy.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Agreed. I am definitely glad that we didn't get embarassed on national TV, but at the end of the day the loss is though to swallow. Especially when I think about how ecstatic I would have been for the rest of the weekend if we had pulled it off! Oh well, this team IS getting better and it's going to be a lot of fun!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

We tied the 6th best team in the NATION in regulation!!!! That alone says what we have to look forward to in the coming weeks, not months or years.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I think the Clones made a strong showing on National TV. I liked hearing the commentators keep talking about the Hilton Magic. I also liked hearning the crowd during the game. This team has some build to do still, but the pieces are there and Coach GMac looks very capable to put it together.

Some believe in Kicking @ss and taking names.
    For now I will settle with Kicking @ss!!

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    More than anything, these guys have definitely proven worthy of our unwavering support for the rest of this season and beyond. I really don't think there will be any game this year that we don't at least have a chance in because of that. Go clones and lets try to make it just as tough and environment for the Wildcats next Saturday!
    That hit the nail on the head...if we play as hard and as smart (for the most part) as we did today there isn't a game we won't be in. I don't want to get my head too far in the clouds, but if we approach every game as being as important as the Kansas game we could win 8-10 in the Big 12 this year. I really hope our fans can get behind this team and make Hilton a hole for visiting teams to dread going into!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 239

My prediction of ISU wins 72-68 would have been nice. I guessed kansas output. We could have made 72 points with better free throws and more good shots at the end. We had plenty of chances to win but failed offensively. Jiri and Mike aand Wes are playing well. Need Dodie and Rahshon to play even better and then we will be tough.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Rookie
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Somethings really got exposed at the end of the game, we are lacking some scoring, but Jiri played well. Kansas pressured Taylor and we need others to step up. But we have grown so much, just like Fran, everyone should sing the praises of G-mac, he has these guys playing hard, and remeber Wesley Johnson. With G-mac here i can't wait till the next basketball game.

Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

WOW is all I can say for the team-And next year they will be (4) seniors man I can't wait to see the underclassmen when they get ready to take over.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

Amazing game, amazing atmosphere, and I agree... if a few calls had gone our way, we would've pulled the upset. The new guys really haven't had that OT experience yet, and for them to upset the #6 team in the nation in OT would've been a miracle. The loss doesn't really leave a bad taste in my mouth like the loss to Drake did, and I hope the guys realize this. They played lights out today.

Go Sssssssssyclones!