Thread: Quick Question

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quick Question

What exactly are the rules for posting videos here. I have some games people may want to see, and could post download links. Would there be any difference if it were whole games or just espn highlights?

Heres the rules; I just not sure exactly what is legal. Thanks, and if its ok, I'll start getting some links up here.

4. No posts or topics can contain any material copyrighted or trademarked by any other entity than yourself or CycloneFanatic.com. No advertisements, spamming, solicitations, or commercial offers are allowed on this site, unless approved by the site owner.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 603
    Given: 2,426

Re: Quick Question

Quote Originally Posted by asevcik View Post
    What exactly are the rules for posting videos here. I have some games people may want to see, and could post download links. Would there be any difference if it were whole games or just espn highlights?

Heres the rules; I just not sure exactly what is legal. Thanks, and if its ok, I'll start getting some links up here.

4. No posts or topics can contain any material copyrighted or trademarked by any other entity than yourself or CycloneFanatic.com. No advertisements, spamming, solicitations, or commercial offers are allowed on this site, unless approved by the site owner.
    Great question!! And thanks for reading the rules!!

Jeremy would be the final answer, but I would think that, as long as you're linking to the owner's site, you should be fine. If you embedded the actual video in here from ESPN, that would probably infringe on their copyrights. A link should be fine, though, since you're actually directing traffic to the site that owns the copyright.

I think this is mostly just that we don't want people ganking info from other sites and posting it as if they had written it as a news article. I hope that makes sense!

M 7/09

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139

It's a touchy topic so thank you very much for inquiring before acting.

In short; as long as you provide links to the files, that's fine. If you have copyrighted video from places like ESPN, it's usually best to leave the files elsewhere and link to them so as to keep things legal here at CF.

Thanks again for asking, I appreciate it!

Jeremy

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Great question!! And thanks for reading the rules!!

I think this is mostly just that we don't want people ganking info from other sites and posting it as if they had written it as a news article. I hope that makes sense!
    For those oldtimers: Gank is a slang term which refers to theft by force. The term was popularized in gangster rap lyrics of the late 1980s such as N.W.A 'Thugs 4 life', Priority Records, 1988 in which Eric "Eazy-E" Wright states "Gankers got the fake but you can get the real stuff".

Lets make a banner using gank for Saturday like

Clones ganked another win!
    You can thank us, but do not gank us.
    Gank is a four letter word. So is Self.

l

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.