The atmosphere tonight!!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 283,682, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,800
    Points
    283,682
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 47

    The atmosphere tonight!!!

    I can say that I was pumped for my first Big XII home game. When the game started, I will admit that I was a little disappointed that the Hilton wasnt filled completely but the atmosphere tonight was amazing. That was the loudest arena I have heard before, when we had our run in the beginning of the 2nd half. I know that it has been louder before and thats why I am even more excited for the Kansas game on Saturday.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 20,519, Level: 43
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wheels686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,200
    Points
    20,519
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    yeah it was awesome, because of work only my second game this year in person, my girlfriend and i had a great time



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 21,901, Level: 45
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,199
    Points
    21,901
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 0

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    It was definitely a step in the right direction, the students were much better. Was a little disappointed with total attendance, but not terrible. I would put it at a 7 out of 10 on the magic scale.



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 5,709, Level: 22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    SVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    143
    Points
    5,709
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Due to living too far away to get to the game, I had to watch on TV. This was more of a technical error, but I could hardly hear the announcers at times because the crowd noise was much louder. Again, a tech error, but either way, the crowd sounded better than other games this year.


    For I for S forever!

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 22,647, Level: 46
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mkadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornfield
    Posts
    1,018
    Points
    22,647
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 21

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    The newest players had to love it!!



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 38,518, Level: 60
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    247cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spring Hill, KS
    Posts
    1,119
    Points
    38,518
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 20

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I can say that I was pumped for my first Big XII home game. When the game started, I will admit that I was a little disappointed that the Hilton wasnt filled completely but the atmosphere tonight was amazing. That was the loudest arena I have heard before, when we had our run in the beginning of the 2nd half. I know that it has been louder before and thats why I am even more excited for the Kansas game on Saturday.
    What was the announced attendance?

    Wait till the KU game, if we're in it at all, you won't be able to hear the person next to you. Wish I lived less than 4 hours from Hilton.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,454, Level: 68
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Prone2Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,542
    Points
    49,454
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 154

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Players and GMac all had good things to say about the crowd tonight on the post-game show.

    I'd still like to see it at 14,000+! I wonder if we'll hit it for KU?



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 83,165, Level: 89
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,903
    Points
    83,165
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 240

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    announced attendance was 12,054 according to John Walters on the post game show. i assume its paid attendance since they dont count at the door.


    #BEATIOWA

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 29,035, Level: 52
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,349
    Points
    29,035
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Prone2Clone View Post
    Players and GMac all had good things to say about the crowd tonight on the post-game show.

    I'd still like to see it at 14,000+! I wonder if we'll hit it for KU?
    any tix still available? I've gone to the last 2 KU games at Hilton and KU brings a ton of fans with them.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 50,993, Level: 69
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,750
    Points
    50,993
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    announced attendance was 12,054 according to John Walters on the post game show. i assume its paid attendance since they dont count at the door.
    That's probably closer to the actual attendence. The only glaringly empty spots were the student seats up on the balcony, and even those were half full.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    I have no doubt that Saturday will be a sell-out. And yes, if we are in the game in the 2nd half (which I think we will be!) Hilton will have the roof blown off. I'll never forget the Texas game a few years ago (Boddicker's free throw "attempts)...I was yelling at my sister, right next to me and could barely hear!

    Makes ME wish I lived closer than 24 hours away...or 4 hours and $400.... See you next year.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 29,035, Level: 52
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,349
    Points
    29,035
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    I have no doubt that Saturday will be a sell-out. And yes, if we are in the game in the 2nd half (which I think we will be!) Hilton will have the roof blown off. I'll never forget the Texas game a few years ago (Boddicker's free throw "attempts)...I was yelling at my sister, right next to me and could barely hear!

    Makes ME wish I lived closer than 24 hours away...or 4 hours and $400.... See you next year.
    That was the loudest I've ever heard (or didn't hear) that place. That was nuts.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 29,035, Level: 52
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,349
    Points
    29,035
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    If we beat KU on Sat, please, please, please, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEAAASSE do a mocking chant of rock chalk jayhawk. One I've heard in the past is...

    "Shut the f*** up, KU!"



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 40,986, Level: 62
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    clones26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,598
    Points
    40,986
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 37

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zdorr40 View Post
    That was the loudest I've ever heard (or didn't hear) that place. That was nuts.
    The Texas game in 2004 when Boddicker missed 2 free throws, that was ridiculous as the floor in the balcony was even shaking! I hope that Hilton is half that this Saturday!



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 29,035, Level: 52
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,349
    Points
    29,035
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

    Re: The atmosphere tonight!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by clones26 View Post
    The Texas game in 2004 when Boddicker missed 2 free throws, that was ridiculous as the floor in the balcony was even shaking! I hope that Hilton is half that this Saturday!
    I was yelling so loud I nearly passed out. Literally.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM