Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baylor 2009

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Baylor 2009

So I know this is for Cyclone football, but ever since we played yall last season, I've kept up with your message boards. I probably enjoy your forums more than anyone else's in the big 12 except for aggie's, but only because those idiots make fools of themselves on a daily basis and it's funny to read. I notice that many on here are pegging the 09 Baylor game as a likely win, while on baylorfans the game is seen as a lock for Baylor and an essential win if we are to make a bowl. I'd like to hear some perspectives on 09's Baylor @ ISU game, and also predictions on our 2009 record. Here's mine:

@ Wake Forest L 28-31
    Connecticut W 41-28
    Northerwestern State W 59-10
    Kent State W 49-14
    @ Oklahoma L 27-44
    @ Iowa State W 45-20
    Oklahoma State L 35-42
    Nebraska W 34-20
    @ Mizzou L 21-24
    Texas L 17-21
    @ Texas A&M W 52-28
    Texas Tech W 35-32

Final Record: 7-5

Blast away at my overconfidence, but I really think this record is practical based on how much better we performed last year and how much we have comming back. Now I am looking forward to hearing some Cyclone opinions.

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Baylor 2009

I don't know about a 25 point win in our house

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal&Gold11 View Post
    I don't know about a 25 point win in our house
    They beat us by 28 last season

Granted that was with a guy running the helm that couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25

We play at Kent State the week after you play so that game should be an interesting look at the state of the two programs

However, the road hasn't been real generous to us recently (well, okay, sports haven't been real generous to us recently)

Last edited by Bader; 03-03-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5

although we may not win the Baylor game, I know we wont lose by the 25 you think. I could see a 24-20 game or something similar to that. I wont believe this team can win that game unless they do something amazing in the first 5 or 6 games.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day".-Frank Sinatra

@cyfert26 on Twitter

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    They beat us by 28 last season

Granted that was with a guy running the helm that couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag...
    Yes, but that was on the road, where we haven't won since WWI. (Okay, maybe not that long, but you get the point)

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88

It's the homecoming game...we won't get blown out that bad for that reason alone. (and I'm going to miss it because my aunt is a moron and getting married that day )

Addict
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,383
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Interesting prediction for our game. I think there will be quite a few points scored in that game unless our defense isn't absolutely terrible (long shot) or our offense isn't clicking (don't see that happening). It should be a good game, but if we have any momentum at all from the early season, and take care of nonconference business at home, we should have a good shot to win the game. Not saying we will, because it's too early to tell. I think we'll play a lot better at home.

All-Star
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

i think baylor would win if it was at their place for sure, but i think it is a toss up with a slight edge to baylor at our place. 'course, that is without knowing much about this years team.

while he was a terrible gameday guy, the only home game chizik coached that i really felt like we were out of before the 3rd quarter was over was the texas game 2 years ago. and boy were we out of that game..

i can see 7-5 w/ yall, but i dunno about the games you have wins v losses. i see 6-6, and maybe beating mizzou but not TT and im not sure about UCONN

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Our offense will be strong next year, I think there's a realistic shot our QB, Arnaud, will be averaging 300 yds passing per game. And, I think we'll probably average around 32 points per game with our new Offensive Coordinator's very uptempo game.

For the Baylor game, you guys lose a huge part of your defense at both LB and at S; losing something like 5 of the top 6 tacklers from 2008 including the top 3 safeties and losing Pawlek and Freeman will hurt you pretty bad in pass rushing. My guess is that ISU wins in a really high scoring shootout. Something like 48-42.

We definitely won't stop you on Offense much (Griffen is amazing). We just don't have the speed on defense yet (paticularily at LB) to keep up with your WRs especially with your bubble screen packages. But, because it's at our house and since it will be our first real home conference game and being homecomming I think we'll be really fired up and I think we end up pulling it out.

Addict
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 42

I think Baylor is still a year away from breaking through. I absolutely love Briles and the classes he's bringing to Waco. Its only a matter of time before they have a 7-8 win season. It's so difficult in the Big 12 south, especially with Tech and Ok State on the up tick.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 11

I predicted Iowa State to go 7-5 in Chizik's second year. Circumstances are much different (coach, qb, etc.) but I'd be careful predicting that high of a record.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

briles did a damn good job at houston and set them on the right course.he is doing the same at baylor. iowa state has a decent qb in arnaud and a redshirt freshman named joe tiller.
    i do not know who will be our qb this fall,but tiller is in the same mold as griffin. i think it will be a tighter game in ames as we have a new offensive coordinator who worked under leach as did briles and both these offensive heads will have a good fight on their hands.i think with the speed we have at receivers like our juco recruit money reynolds is going to give other teams in the big 12 fits.also we have a pretty good running back in bo williams that will turn heads next fall. if our head coach and our new recruiting coordinator can shape up our defense,we will give baylor a run forthe money.
    last year austin arnaud was injured b4 he went into the baylor game and was not at full strength.
    i went to the baylor game and after the game i thought we had the biggest dumb*** for a coach that i had ever seen coach an iowa state football game. his name was chizzlestick.
    he just stood on the sidelines like a zombie who was goosed up high on drugs or something-never communicated to his coaches or talked to his players coming off from the field-you can name it.after baylor whipped our butts,i wondered where did they got this fruitcake coach .
    now we have a new coach who has put together a very fine staff and i believe our team will be much better onfundamentals and we have some very good young linemen returning on offense.also i think our running gae will surprise many teams next year.ISU 28-BAYLOR 17 IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

doc

Speechless
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 86

At least we tailgate, our stadium isn't in a ghetto, and our fans aren't pompous and weird... Sorry if I seem bitter, but we did not have a good time in Waco, and that was decided before kick off ever happened and the bloodbath ensued.

But yeah, Griffin is a freaking stud and it's going to be damn tough for us to beat them, even at home. I think our offense will roll, but so will theirs. In all likeliehood I think they win by more than 7 and less than 10.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 52

A potential two game home losing streak to Baylor. Enough to make you want to vomit.