Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 8

Re: Pres Bush cuts into ISU game

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post

And I don't know about everyone else, but I hate "text speech" . As a former English major, it saddens me to get e-mails with no words capitalized and numbers where numbers shouldn't be.
    I agrE w U 100%. I h8 txt spk. How hard iz it 2 actually typ d whol wrd NEwayz?

(This post has been brought to you by transl8it.com)

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 42

I know where you're coming from here, and agree that we should do our best with an awful situation. Not to be political at all, but I am one of those "left-wing pr***s", though, and I'm saying that (and I'm refraining from making comments on why we're in said awful situation). Just wanted to say that we should all keep it civil here... That's not directed at anyone, by the way.

And I don't know about everyone else, but I hate "text speech" (nothing against you, cmoore!). As a former English major, it saddens me to get e-mails with no words capitalized and numbers where numbers shouldn't be.

I agree 100% Angie.

I tend to sit on the political fence. In fact, I try to ignore it - as bad as that sounds. I used to be a political junkie - I loved the stuff, enjoyed learning about the entire process, keeping current on events, etc. Eventually all the fighting, negativity, horrible campaigning, labeling of political "sides", etc - got to me - and I "quit cold turkey".

Some days I think what we're doing in Iraq is great. Other days I wish we'd come home and take care of us first. Yeah, I'm spineless when it comes to that.

As for text speak - we're in the same boat. The shift key and those other ones with letters on them won't bite ya.

But I'm an arse like that.

Rookie
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm just happy that we will be able to watch atleast part the game in Northwest Iowa.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Rookie
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

During the game will they completley cut off the game and make the whole screen be about Bush. I know Bush giving a speech is important, but is there any chance of them doing a picture in picture thing putting the video and bush for the majority of the screen then just putting the video for the game in a smaller portion? I know this likely won't happen but that would be a pretty good idea!!

Starter
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I agree 100% Angie.

I tend to sit on the political fence. In fact, I try to ignore it - as bad as that sounds. I used to be a political junkie - I loved the stuff, enjoyed learning about the entire process, keeping current on events, etc. Eventually all the fighting, negativity, horrible campaigning, labeling of political "sides", etc - got to me - and I "quit cold turkey".

Some days I think what we're doing in Iraq is great. Other days I wish we'd come home and take care of us first. Yeah, I'm spineless when it comes to that.

As for text speak - we're in the same boat. The shift key and those other ones with letters on them won't bite ya.

But I'm an arse like that.
    I don't think I could be a fence-sitter. Sounds painful.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

I know where you're coming from here, and agree that we should do our best with an awful situation. Not to be political at all, but I am one of those "left-wing pr***s", though, and I'm saying that (and I'm refraining from making comments on why we're in said awful situation). Just wanted to say that we should all keep it civil here... That's not directed at anyone, by the way.
    Personally, I hate politics, especially after a the 2nd Tuesday in November on election years. The biggest thing I hate about politics is the fact that no matter how good one of the party's is making the country run or handle foreign policy, the other party is going to do everything in their power(and very much unethically) to make it sound like we are in the swirl of the last half a toilet flush and we are all one generation from destruction. No wonder the terrorists love us, we are a a society feeding off each other and they would love nothing other then to get recruits from within from all the negative opinions.

I said what I said about the media ****** because I have friends, family and aquaintances that have been to Iraq and they all say the same thing that was on a thread here the other day. Things are going pretty well over there and they come back here on leave or after a term of service and watch the CNN's, the Fox News, the MSNBC, and all the other wannabee "objective" news reporters trying to make it sound like Iraq is a cesspool of hate and don't want us there. They get pretty disgusted with what is reported and unappreciated for what we are doing over there. The way I look at it, the leader of our country should know what is going one with all the resources he has, so he should be able to make an educated decision on what needs to be done and when to get out. But NO, we have people over here that want a Democrat in office next term so lets bash Bush and the Rep party every chance we get and change the sentiment here so we are a divided nation. The democrats win majority this last election, and now the bashing will come from the Republicans on how they are failing the USA. My blood is boiling as I type.

I didn't type this post or the previous one to talk up Republicans or bash Democrats, because they are all hypocrites that talk out of both sides of their mouths and become ruthless when their party is not in power. This is why I DESPISE POLITICS. It should be run clean elections to get the people in power and then after election and until the next one, work together to keep this nation the way the founding fathers would have wanted it.

Sorry so long, and by the way, on the different typing. It gets to hard to read when not proper english.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 127

Okay, let's send him a message that he can only speak during halftime with no commercials. Will this be our Heidi game?

I am not sure that politics have become worse, but I suspect the media has helped to expose the ambiguity in the two parties. That is why we have sports to settle arguments on the field.

Last edited by Wesley; 01-09-2007 at 10:53 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

And I don't know about everyone else, but I hate "text speech" (nothing against you, cmoore!). As a former English major, it saddens me to get e-mails with no words capitalized and numbers where numbers shouldn't be.
    Careful girl...you'll get your rep knocked down for busting on the morons who can't spell or punctuate. Glad I got an education while at ISU. Apparently they're handing out diplomas to anyone these days.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

The only thing that I don't like about these things, is that when any president does this stuff (Dem, Rep, whatever) NOTHING ACTUALLY GETS SAID. It's just filled with politic speak. Do you really think he's going to tell us everything we need to know about the plan in 20 minutes? That's why I don't like these things, but I guess a lot of people would never hear about it unless it was on TV.

All that being said, be safe everybody over there, I have the utmost respect for our men and women doing their part overseas. I think it would be a mistake to pull out now, because if the country went to hell all of our effort over there would be wasted and all those brave soldiers who lost their lives would have lost them for nothing.

I'll end my rant now... and for the record, I'm a registered Independent. I recommend it, cuts down on your mail.

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

If people would rather watch the ISU game, then for cripes sake go to the game.

--Luck of the Cyrish--

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Good call, Mike4cy...

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

I can no longer handle politics either. I was very, very into the 2004 election. I volunteered while in college and was pretty active. I still pay attention to things going on, but I pretty much ignore things that come out of politicians' mouths. It's sickening. They are about one thing and one thing only...POWER.

I'm a big republican but I'm glad they lost the midterm elections. They didn't do anything to deserve to stay in power. They spent more money than democrats which sickens me. When you do things that go against what a lot of people in your own party stand for, what do you expect to have happen?

The democrats aren't quite starting out with a bang like they promised. They promised to work 5 days a week...OMG what a promise!? Welcome to the real world. Well, what do they do with their first week in power? They took Monday off for the National Championship game...are you f'ing kidding me? (I know the republicans would have done the same thing though).

Most politicians are corrupt beyond belief. It's all about re-election and advancement and they'll do anything to get either or both.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Case and point:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/10/wa...gewanted=print

Please tell me how this helps ANYTHING?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 46

Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    If people would rather watch the ISU game, then for cripes sake go to the game.
    I would love to do that! Could you buy me a plain ticket from Houston to Des Moines and then get me a rent a car to drive to Ames. Don't forget to some how explain to my new job that I'm gonna need about half a week off.
    You'll also have to let my instructors know that I"m going to miss the beginning of my course work..... and so on.
    Just messin with ya. Don't forget many of use Fanatics don't have the option to just go to a game. TV and internet are the only way we can catch some of the Cyclone action that we never missed

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

cant they just put it on IPTV so only the people that want to see it have to. i dont care what babble comes out of Bush's mouth, especially since we've all known exactly what he's going to say for the past week+. I might watch it if they had his speech writer say it instead of him, so at least I felt there was a little credibility behind it. Oh I can't wait to watch 20 min of stustustustudderin'.