Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 6,847, Level: 24
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    119
    Points
    6,847
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Stats to look at over Lunch-
    I list the number of FTs attempted by the two starting guards for each Big 12 team.

    The most obvious thing is that Petey and Lucca won't draw contact.
    Come on guys...find a way to get to the line. FTs are Free Throws.
    Your both Good Shooters.


    1Eaton OK St 210
    2HiggensCU 175
    3PullenK St 173
    4JerrelsBU 156
    5AndresonOk St 125
    6SloanA&M 121
    7WarrenOK 121
    8CollinsKU 120
    9ClementeKSt 117
    10DagudoNU 110
    11RobertsonTech 100
    12DGISU 97
    13CarterA&M 97
    14DugatBU 83
    15ThorneCu 78
    16HarleyNU 77
    17VoskelTech 76
    18TaylorKU 73
    19AbramsTU 73
    20MasonTU 65
    21Tiller MU 57
    22CrockerOK 54
    23TaylorMU 43
    24PettyISU 21
    25LuccaISU 9

    Disclaimer- I did this over lunch. I KNOW that I mispelled most the names and my numbers may be off by 2-3 FTs.
    But you guys get the Idea.


    Now Discuss-


    Last edited by StevieISU23; 02-26-2009 at 12:07 PM.

  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,788, Level: 29
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    337
    Points
    9,788
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Tim & Larry would be let down, of their styles this stat is one I firmly believe wins you games.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 187,169, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,270
    Points
    187,169
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 74

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    When all you do is stand outside and shoot from outside the 3 point line it is hard to draw contact.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 31,957, Level: 55
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,093
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,973
    Points
    31,957
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Notice that the top 15 players on that list all have the ability to take their man off the dribble, and take it to the hole...



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,469, Level: 77
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,907
    Points
    62,469
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by StevieISU23 View Post
    Stats to look at over Lunch-
    I list the number of FTs attempted by the two starting guards for each Big 12 team.

    The most obvious thing is that Petey and Lucca won't draw contact.
    Come on guys...find a way to get to the line. FTs are Free Throws.
    Your both Good Shooters.


    1Eaton OK St 210
    2HiggensCU 175
    3PullenK St 173
    4JerrelsBU 156
    5AndresonOk St 125
    6SloanA&M 121
    7WarrenOK 121
    8CollinsKU 120
    9ClementeKSt 117
    10DagudoNU 110
    11RobertsonTech 100
    12DGISU 97
    13CarterA&M 97
    14DugatBU 83
    15ThorneCu 78
    16HarleyNU 77
    17VoskelTech 76
    18TaylorKU 73
    19AbramsTU 73
    20MasonTU 65
    21Tiller MU 57
    22CrockerOK 54
    23TaylorMU 43
    24PettyISU 21
    25LuccaISU 9

    Disclaimer- I did this over lunch. I KNOW that I mispelled most the names and my numbers may be off by 2-3 FTs.
    But you guys get the Idea.


    Now Discuss-
    To be fair, our two starting guards are Garrett and Petey...don't see Garrett on this list. But, this is still an outstanding point. Lack of dribble penetration results in us getting less "free" points, which causes us to lose many games.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 197,653, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    10,660
    Points
    197,653
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 67

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone_12 View Post
    Notice that the top 15 players on that list all have the ability to take their man off the dribble, and take it to the hole...
    As should every 1, 2, and 3 who starts in the Big 12...


    Last edited by jbhtexas; 02-26-2009 at 12:27 PM.
    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 13,808, Level: 35
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    bigredqb7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    1,027
    Points
    13,808
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    tom petty plays for isu?



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 31,957, Level: 55
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,093
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,973
    Points
    31,957
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    As should every 1,2 and 3 who starts in the Big 12...
    I agree...I'm just pointing as to why they are so far down...



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 311,949, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,011
    Points
    311,949
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 857

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by Ficklone02 View Post
    To be fair, our two starting guards are Garrett and Petey...don't see Garrett on this list. But, this is still an outstanding point. Lack of dribble penetration results in us getting less "free" points, which causes us to lose many games.
    Garrett is at #12 - listed as "DG".



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Points: 7,813, Level: 26
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    178
    Points
    7,813
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    I will take that stat even further..... conference play. In 13 conference games, Lucca has attempted 2 FT's. BP attempted 6 FT's. That's 8 total FT's in conference play for your starting SG and SF. Byron Eaton attempted 20 FT's in ONE CONFERENCE GAME. Hard to score points if you don't get to the line.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 57,588, Level: 74
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,398
    Points
    57,588
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 5

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    I'm not sure why you guys are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. Lucca isn't the type of player who is going to get into the lane and score or draw contact.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 145,329, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,688
    Points
    145,329
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 22

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    How can Jake Sullivan get more free throw attempts than all of our guards combined? Was he that much more athletic or did he work for better shots?



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 13,137, Level: 34
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    RotatingColumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sioux City
    Posts
    568
    Points
    13,137
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 37

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Pretty easy to get to the line in college BBall. Just drive to the hoop and something will be called. If you beat your guy and he makes ANY attempt whatsoever to recover he will be called for a foul.

    Watched the Tech-Texas game last night. In the course of about 10 possessions there were 4 fouls called. Three touch fouls and the fourth was because the defender came within a foot of the shooter, never touched him. Pretty intolerable. I can't watch college unless it's the Clones playing. The sport itself is ruined.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 31,957, Level: 55
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,093
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,973
    Points
    31,957
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    How can Jake Sullivan get more free throw attempts than all of our guards combined? Was he that much more athletic or did he work for better shots?
    He was also strong enough to handle getting bumped going to the hoop...where as most of our guys are going to lose the ball if that happens...

    There are exceptions like Sullivan...but look at the top 15 on that list...they can all penetrate and take it to the hole.



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 197,653, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    10,660
    Points
    197,653
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 67

    Re: Free Throws Attempted by Big 12 Guard

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    I'm not sure why you guys are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. Lucca isn't the type of player who is going to get into the lane and score or draw contact.
    Has he ever tried it?


    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM