Big 12 Tourney
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Big 12 Tourney

  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 12,063, Level: 33
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    608
    Points
    12,063
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 4

    Big 12 Tourney

    The best case scenario would be winning three out of our last four and finishing 5-11.

    That would make us a #10 seed likely.

    I think things probably play out like this.

    #8 Texas A&M
    #9 Baylor

    #5 Texas
    #12 Colorado

    #7 Nebraska
    #10 Iowa State

    #6 Oklahoma State
    #11 Texas Tech


    #1 Oklahoma


    #4 Kansas State


    #2 Missouri


    #3 Kansas


    I really think that we would match up well with Nebraska or Kansas State in the first round. We definitely want to stay away from Oklahoma State and Oklahoma given the home court advantage. I continue to think that we can play with Missouri and if we are able to get to Friday evening (semi-final) then anything can happen.



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 12,063, Level: 33
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    608
    Points
    12,063
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 4

    Re: Big 12 Tourney

    Sorry this needs to go in the Big 12 tourney thoughts.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 185,204, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,556
    Points
    185,204
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 613

    Re: Big 12 Tourney

    Whats the outlook if we win 1 more game (TT)?



  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 4,328, Level: 19
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    cardinalNgold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    119
    Points
    4,328
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 Tourney

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Whats the outlook if we win 1 more game (TT)?
    Well if we beat Tech then we have the tie breaker so we would finish in 10th above them, unless they won 2 more games. If we beat Baylor tomorrow, which I think is very possible, and we beat tech too we could still steal 9th place with 4 conference wins.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 25,436, Level: 48
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,280
    Points
    25,436
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 57

    Re: Big 12 Tourney

    If the over/under on the number of wins we have for the remainder of the season, including the Big 12 tourney, is one win, would anyone on this board honestly put any significant amount of money on the over?

    And now you're talking about making the semi-finals of the Big 12 tourney? Pass the kool-aid.



  6. #6
    Recruit
    Points: 4,328, Level: 19
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    cardinalNgold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    119
    Points
    4,328
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 Tourney

    Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
    If the over/under on the number of wins we have for the remainder of the season, including the Big 12 tourney, is one win, would anyone on this board honestly put any significant amount of money on the over?

    And now you're talking about making the semi-finals of the Big 12 tourney? Pass the kool-aid.
    Two more wins is VERY possible. Our last 4 games are against the teams ranked 11, 9, 8, and 7 in conference, with us currently at 10th. Two of those games are at home. Baylor reminds me alot of Wayne Morgan's last year for us, high expectations going into a season that has turned into a train wreck for them. And I really, really don't want to think we will lose at home to Tech. I am just a pore college kid with no money, so I wouldn't bet on it, but I would not be suprised at all if we got 2+ more wins.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 25,436, Level: 48
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,280
    Points
    25,436
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 57

    Re: Big 12 Tourney

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalNgold View Post
    Two more wins is VERY possible. Our last 4 games are against the teams ranked 11, 9, 8, and 7 in conference, with us currently at 10th. Two of those games are at home. Baylor reminds me alot of Wayne Morgan's last year for us, high expectations going into a season that has turned into a train wreck for them. And I really, really don't want to think we will lose at home to Tech. I am just a pore college kid with no money, so I wouldn't bet on it, but I would not be suprised at all if we got 2+ more wins.
    Based on Baylor's record I'd love to think that we have a chance in that game, but the reality is that Baylor's guards are going to give us fits. I'd give us less than a 20% chance to win.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 316,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,892
    Points
    316,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 58

    Re: Big 12 Tourney

    kool-aid is flowing tnite! We possible could win a couple of those games but have you seen any evidence lately that we will? I wish I could think differently but they just dont show that



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM