Pat Knight suspended by Big 12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 206,158, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    11,083
    Points
    206,158
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 249

    Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  2. #2
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Be surprised if he lasts through next year



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 72,203, Level: 83
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 947
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,454
    Points
    72,203
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 50

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    At least Greg isn't making an *** of himself every week



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    What did he say?



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 34,659, Level: 57
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,985
    Points
    34,659
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Good game for Pat to miss...



  6. #6
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 272,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,892
    Points
    272,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 388

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    One word describes him.

    Crazy.



  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 4,876, Level: 20
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    CYCL0NE1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    183
    Points
    4,876
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    One word describes him.

    Crazy.
    Like father, like son.


    ...And the home of the CHIEFS!!!

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 407,934, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,062
    Points
    407,934
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 605

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    No chairs thrown even?


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 206,158, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    11,083
    Points
    206,158
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 249

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    What did he say?
    Knight suspended for one game : Red Raiders

    Following Saturdayís loss, Knight was asked about the free-throw shooting discrepancy in which the Aggies went to the line 51 times while the Red Raiders shot 22 free throws. Four Tech players fouled out.

    ďI donít care right now what the Big 12 thinks,Ē Knight said following the game. ďThey tell us to send tapes in and that obviously doesnít work. Call (someone in the league office) and talk to them Ö itís just tough. I donít care about me, itís my kids. My kids bust their butt and they have enough of a time playing against A&M let alone have somebody else they have to play against. I just think itís a shame. Take nothing away from A&M, but we play at home and they get 50 free throws and I have, shoot, four guys that foul out. Itís just not right.Ē


    Maybe there was more, but the Big 12 has a gag order about commenting on officiating. Knight was already warned about it once this year...


    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 46,891, Level: 66
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    PGreen ISU '92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    2,149
    Points
    46,891
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Personally, I don't think criticizing officiating should get a coach suspended. It's a violation of 1st amendment rights and honestly, what difference does it make. If a coach criticizes officiating too often he is just going to look like he's a cry baby and making excuses. On rare occasions I think calling out the officiating (i.e. ISU vs. Oklahoma Men’s B-Ball game this year) is warranted.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 87,049, Level: 91
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigBake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U'dale
    Posts
    5,672
    Points
    87,049
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 99

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    I think the gag rule should be lifted too. It's too bad Officials can't be held accountable for their performance. They are failing miserably at keeping up with today's game. No I don't mean the style, just the speed of the game. I wish I had a dollar for every time a ref called a anticipatory foul or had no angle to see the a foul but calls one because it looks like it.


    Fanatic #25

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 27,349, Level: 50
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cloned4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,541
    Points
    27,349
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBake View Post
    I think the gag rule should be lifted too. It's too bad Officials can't be held accountable for their performance. They are failing miserably at keeping up with today's game. No I don't mean the style, just the speed of the game. I wish I had a dollar for every time a ref called a anticipatory foul or had no angle to see the a foul but calls one because it looks like it.
    Agree 100%.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 260,077, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,183
    Points
    260,077
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 751

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Quote Originally Posted by PGreen ISU '92 View Post
    Personally, I don't think criticizing officiating should get a coach suspended. It's a violation of 1st amendment rights and honestly, what difference does it make. If a coach criticizes officiating too often he is just going to look like he's a cry baby and making excuses. On rare occasions I think calling out the officiating (i.e. ISU vs. Oklahoma Menís B-Ball game this year) is warranted.
    I agree except for the 1st amendment which doesn't apply in this case.



  14. #14
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 272,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,892
    Points
    272,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 388

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    Knight suspended for one game : Red Raiders

    Following Saturdayís loss, Knight was asked about the free-throw shooting discrepancy in which the Aggies went to the line 51 times while the Red Raiders shot 22 free throws. Four Tech players fouled out.

    ďI donít care right now what the Big 12 thinks,Ē Knight said following the game. ďThey tell us to send tapes in and that obviously doesnít work. Call (someone in the league office) and talk to them Ö itís just tough. I donít care about me, itís my kids. My kids bust their butt and they have enough of a time playing against A&M let alone have somebody else they have to play against. I just think itís a shame. Take nothing away from A&M, but we play at home and they get 50 free throws and I have, shoot, four guys that foul out. Itís just not right.Ē

    Maybe there was more, but the Big 12 has a gag order about commenting on officiating. Knight was already warned about it once this year...
    I hope he said more than that to get him suspended. That isn't even that bad.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 103,876, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,495
    Points
    103,876
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 43

    Re: Pat Knight suspended by Big 12

    "The nature and extent of his comments after the Texas A&M game, and his callous attitude in light of his commitment to me to abide by the rules, require a serious penalty."

    Keeping him out of one game is a "serious penalty"? Yea, it's a penalty but is it really that serious? He can coach the team the full week, set the strategy for the game and have one of his assistants implement it. Is there no monetary fine for this?

    I feel the same way though, coaches should be able to call out a ref when it's a bogus call or a horribly called game as a whole. I just don't think I would view a miss one game a serious penalty.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM