Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

The Meltdowns Need to STOP!

It's so depressing to come here after a loss anymore because we have fans arguing with each other and people taking shots at coaches, Pollard, and even players. This was exactly what Mac talked about the other month how this kind of message board behavior has a negative impact on recruiting. Look, we've known for quite some time now that our BB team is struggling and we can't take any opponent for granted right now. That is not going to change overnight. Same thing with FB, we aren't going to go from a 2 win team to bowl bound overnight either and people need to realize that right now. We can't change the hand we are dealt currently, that stuff happens during the offseason and through recruiting.

As fans we need to quit being so negative and keep positive and support our teams. The players aren't quitting on us, we shouldn't quit on them. The fair weather fans are the ones that I can't stand the most either because they are the ones that usually do most of the complaining and are debbie downers when we are losing then some of the biggest homers when we are winning. If you are a true fan you support and root for your team through thick and thin. Calling for drastic changes in the middle of the season never accomplishes anything.

We know what kind of teams we have by now. This is no surprise and to continually be down on our athletics is not going to help matters either. Patience is key and sadly a lot of people here have resorted to the "what have you done for me lately" attitude. You don't think those players, coaches, and administrators want us to win as bad as we all do? Bottom line is we are thin on talent but I do think we have the right people in place that when we do finally have that talent all the struggles and hard work that has been put in will pay off big because these people did not QUIT.

Go Cubs Go!

Rookie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: The Meltdowns Need to STOP!

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    It's so depressing to come here after a loss anymore because we have fans arguing with each other and people taking shots at coaches, Pollard, and even players. This was exactly what Mac talked about the other month how this kind of message board behavior has a negative impact on recruiting. Look, we've known for quite some time now that our BB team is struggling and we can't take any opponent for granted right now. That is not going to change overnight. Same thing with FB, we aren't going to go from a 2 win team to bowl bound overnight either and people need to realize that right now. We can't change the hand we are dealt currently, that stuff happens during the offseason and through recruiting.

As fans we need to quit being so negative and keep positive and support our teams. The players aren't quitting on us, we shouldn't quit on them. The fair weather fans are the ones that I can't stand the most either because they are the ones that usually do most of the complaining and are debbie downers when we are losing then some of the biggest homers when we are winning. If you are a true fan you support and root for your team through thick and thin. Calling for drastic changes in the middle of the season never accomplishes anything.

We know what kind of teams we have by now. This is no surprise and to continually be down on our athletics is not going to help matters either. Patience is key and sadly a lot of people here have resorted to the "what have you done for me lately" attitude. You don't think those players, coaches, and administrators want us to win as bad as we all do? Bottom line is we are thin on talent but I do think we have the right people in place that when we do finally have that talent all the struggles and hard work that has been put in will pay off big because these people did not QUIT.

Maybe the losing needs to stop.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 240

Quote Originally Posted by 52ynnel View Post
    You shut it, with your reasoning and all.

The meltdown whiners need to stop too. If fans were not upset about all this, that would be a cause for great concern. And the post-loss meltdowns are diminishing some, because more and more people have stopped caring.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post

The meltdown whiners need to stop too. If fans were not upset about all this, that would be a cause for great concern. And the post-loss meltdowns are diminishing some, because more and more people have stopped caring.
    I was just trying to point out that our mens basketball team sucks ace, and loses far too often. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 62

Maybe the recruiting needs to be a lot better.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 240

I was just trying to point out that our mens basketball team sucks ace, and loses far too often. Sorry if there was any confusion.
    No confusion, my first line was laced with sarcasm. I agreed with you. ;)

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 53

Meltdowns will never stop, some people just need to vent although sometimes with insanity! at least their is passion

Sincerely,
    Time and again meltdowner

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

No worries, I kinda thought you did. Just in a real pissy / sarcastic mood about our program right now.

Last edited by 52ynnel; 02-22-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 445

That man just said it all - close thread

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

I agree, the losing needs to stop and the recruiting needs to get better but what good is it doing to trash our teams and the people running it in the middle of a season?

And looking back Greg has had some talent here, keeping it has been another story. Mike Taylor is playing in the NBA now but he had to do the right thing and kick him off the team. Wesley left, could possibly be playing in the NBA some day too and we all know something fishy went on with his leaving. And now we have Brackins which I think there is no doubt will leave for the NBA but if its this year or next is the big question so there you have it, Mac has or will eventually lose 3 of his best players he's recruited here. There is no doubt we'd be better with Wesley this year or last year with MT but those are things you can't plan for.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 29

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post

I found out not caring is the best way to go. I had a chance to go to the game and use my buddies season tickets. Although, I decided my wife cutting my hair for the first time ever was way more exciting then ISU basketball.

Well... She did treat me to Jethro's afterwards. I couldn't turn that down.

Anyway, I've been a huge Cyclone fan most of my life. I'm not sure how or why people can take things so serious to the point were they are fighting with others. The way some people act on this board is downright sad.

Actually the reactions and comments are down right sick and embarrassing. We have became the exact fans we were always making fun of and were sick of. But hey... As long as the people doing it can live with themselves more power to them. Being anonymous is a God send.

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 61

I agree, the losing needs to stop and the recruiting needs to get better but what good is it doing to trash our teams and the people running it in the middle of a season?

And looking back Greg has had some talent here, keeping it has been another story. Mike Taylor is playing in the NBA now but he had to do the right thing and kick him off the team. Wesley left, could possibly be playing in the NBA some day too and we all know something fishy went on with his leaving. And now we have Brackins which I think there is no doubt will leave for the NBA but if its this year or next is the big question so there you have it, Mac has or will eventually lose 3 of his best players he's recruited here. There is no doubt we'd be better with Wesley this year or last year with MT but those are things you can't plan for.
    you starting to sound like a cubs fan. woulda, coulda, shoulda. you can't go through life thinking what could have been - it is what it is.....currently ISU is not very good and as people who donate money to the programs and buy tickets, we should have a right to *****.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 11

Criticism of our fanbase will happen whether we like it or not - especially if we have a bunch of fans acting like jerks. I'd much rather fix the problems internally among Cyclone Fans than wait for the day when other fans are bashing us for having huge jerks of fans.

***King of Diplomacy***

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This is only the 20th thread about the meltdowns lol

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    This is only the 20th thread about the meltdowns lol
    The other 19 hasn't worked, maybe the 20th will get people to realize that bashing the kids, coaches or the program, doesn't help.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.