Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

The Big 12 knows Brackins, but does America know Brackins?

I've been thinking about this lately and it's got me to thinking that if Brackins stays around next year, he can get a ton of publicity and media attention and possibly make a run at becoming an All-American. Since Blake Griffin hogs all the media attention, Brackins name still remains pretty much unknown. If you were to ask a college basketball fan who doesn't live in Big 12 country, would they know Craig Brackins? Griffin's draft status has improved quite a bit since last year, he went from a late first rounder to the top 5, so Brackins has a prime example of what staying another year has done not only for a whole team, but for one's draft status. Griffin has all the hype that Brackins could have if Griffin wasn't there. So if CB stays, he should be the best player in the Big 12.

Look at what having one amazing player has done for the entire Oklahoma basketball program. Very nice recruiting classes and national publicity every week. Now if we could only have this kind of success. I believe that the pieces are there, it's just whether if some of those pieces are lost or not.

Not to put much pressure on him, but the future of ISU basketball rests in Craig Brackins. If he goes pro, good for him, and he will be my favorite NBA player of all time, but if he stays, something very special could happen. I realize I have no control over this so it's just something to ponder about.

Droppin' 3's like my name is Scotty C.

Philippians 4:13

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: The Big 12 knows Brackins, but does America know Brackins?

Im sure they know who he is

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,116
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonez7 View Post
    I've been thinking about this lately and it's got me to thinking that if Brackins stays around next year, he can get a ton of publicity and media attention and possibly make a run at becoming an All-American. Since Blake Griffin hogs all the media attention, Brackins name still remains pretty much unknown. If you were to ask a college basketball fan who doesn't live in Big 12 country, would they know Craig Brackins? Griffin's draft status has improved quite a bit since last year, he went from a late first rounder to the top 5, so Brackins has a prime example of what staying another year has done not only for a whole team, but for one's draft status. Griffin has all the hype that Brackins could have if Griffin wasn't there. So if CB stays, he should be the best player in the Big 12.

Look at what having one amazing player has done for the entire Oklahoma basketball program. Very nice recruiting classes and national publicity every week. Now if we could only have this kind of success. I believe that the pieces are there, it's just whether if some of those pieces are lost or not.

Not to put much pressure on him, but the future of ISU basketball rests in Craig Brackins. If he goes pro, good for him, and he will be my favorite NBA player of all time, but if he stays, something very special could happen. I realize I have no control over this so it's just something to ponder about.
    Nice work. I never really thought of it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    And I'm thinking that cycofan just made the air, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    I'll be honest, Cycofan1 sounds much older than what he makes me believe on here.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Im sure they know who he is
    Then why does a search of my name yield more results than it does Craig Brackins? And my name isn't even that common...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 14

Then why does a search of my name yield more results than it does Craig Brackins? And my name isn't even that common...
    Stay outta so much police blotter

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 152

America need not know him, just the scouts. And yeah, they're quit aware of him.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

You are completely wrong. I am from the DC area, and all my friends back home tell me that they hear the name Craig Brackins all the time because he is very good.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Rick View Post
    You are completely wrong. I am from the DC area, and all my friends back home tell me that they hear the name Craig Brackins all the time because he is very good.
    It probably would be nice to hear from people that don't live inside the state, thanks for pointing that out.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Rick View Post
    I will bet you he's not wrong. I about guarantee no one in ACC land knows who Craig Brackins is. I don't think they know there's anything outside the ACC. Same with the Big East. Same with the Pac-10. The Big XII knows who he is, and I'd guess half the Big 10 does. Outside that, I highly doubt it. They don't show Iowa State highlights on SportsCenter game in and game out. The whole country knows who Blake Griffin is. I highly doubt they know who Craig Brackins is.

My uncle in Charlottesville, VA has no idea who Craig Brackins is. He did know Willie Warren, Sherron Collins, Uglyshot Aldrich, AJ Abrams, and Blake Griffin however.

Pro
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 4

Because you're Harrison Barnes?

TRUE AND VALIANT

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 12

Jay Bilas and Digger Phelps knows who he is. Then again, thats there job.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Jay Bilas and Digger Phelps knows who he is. Then again, thats there job.
    They should be fired if they didn't. NBA scouts likewise.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

If this means that Craig could travel as much as he wanted next year, he should definitely stay in college basketball!

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Hopefully not, he sucks and is overrated!(Sarcasm) One more year Craig!!!!!!!!

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Blake Griffin was never a projected late first, if he wanted to declare last year he would have been a top 5 pick.