Given: 0

College Wrestling on IPTV in Doubt

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: College Wrestling on IPTV in Doubt

I won't lie, but I would be ****** beyond words if College Wrestling gets dropped on IPTV.

Count me in this boat:
    "If it wasn't for the wrestling on there, I know there are a lot of people that probably wouldn't even tune in to that channel," St. John said.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    I won't lie, but I would be ****** beyond words if College Wrestling gets dropped on IPTV.

Count me in this boat:
    I still don't tune in.

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 65

Maybe they should try using commercials

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    I still don't tune in.
    good for you

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 63

Here are the emails of the IPTV directors. I just emailed all of 'em.

dkm@iptv.org, kris@iptv.org, hayes@iptv.org, molly@iptv.org, terry.rinehart@iptv.org

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 87

I really hope them showing my face non-stop during our conference tournament on Tuesday night isn't to blame for this.

42-53 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 137

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Maybe they should try using commercials
    PUBLIC TV=Tax dollars and "Friends" No commercials.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

All-Star
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

They need to Seriously look at Wrestling IU vs ISU for (2) times per Year instead of (1). The Fans want it, IPTV needs it, it is great for Wrestling, its great for IU and ISU.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Why is there even an IPTV? Seriously? It is an archaic institution that has outlived its usefulness. The media has moved on, and IPTV is just a bureacracy trying to protect its fiefdom. Follow the money. Follow the salaries in Johnston.

All the snooty, faux-sophisticated Iowa Caucus superstar grandmas who want to brag that "commercial television advertisments insult my intelligence" refuse to open their eyes to the gazillions of corporate "Presented by _______" pseudo-advertisements that are assininely self-parodying anymore. The perpetual campaigning for funds from "viewers like you" is maddening too. You are stealing our tax money at every lobbying and influencing effort with partisan hacks, so don't come begging me for more. Bill Moyers insults my intelligence. Tavis Smiley?!?!?! Some intellectual diversity on public television should would be fair. Maybe we need a doctrine for that?

I know I will lose this fight at reason because the political will is with the soccer moms. I believe IPTV will keep a very minimal, token wrestling schedule to tout at telethon time. How much could it freaking cost to produce a wrestling event anyway?? Seriously? If anything was made for Iowa public tv, it is the state high school wrestling tourney and maybe 4 or so duals from each in-state school. Clean house.

This email brought to you by the good people at Zorin Industries "warm fuzzy tomorrows for people" TM, copyright Zorin.
    And
    the Annenberg Foundation, worthless descendents of well-meaning rich dead people enriching activist seat warmers in the name of charity
    And
    Ford Motor Company, we don't have any money to build cars correctly or run our business, but we have your stimulus money to keep giving to Bil Moyer's production company and to spend on pointless advertising.
    And
    Viewers Like You
    Thanks.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyhappyclone View Post
    Why is there even an IPTV? Seriously? It is an archaic institution that has outlived its usefulness. The media has moved on, and IPTV is just a bureacracy trying to protect its fiefdom. Follow the money. Follow the salaries in Johnston.

All the snooty, faux-sophisticated Iowa Caucus superstar grandmas who want to brag that "commercial television advertisments insult my intelligence" refuse to open their eyes to the gazillions of corporate "Presented by _______" pseudo-advertisements that are assininely self-parodying anymore. The perpetual campaigning for funds from "viewers like you" is maddening too. You are stealing our tax money at every lobbying and influencing effort with partisan hacks, so don't come begging me for more. Bill Moyers insults my intelligence. Tavis Smiley?!?!?! Some intellectual diversity on public television should would be fair. Maybe we need a doctrine for that?

I know I will lose this fight at reason because the political will is with the soccer moms. I believe IPTV will keep a very minimal, token wrestling schedule to tout at telethon time. How much could it freaking cost to produce a wrestling event anyway?? Seriously? If anything was made for Iowa public tv, it is the state high school wrestling tourney and maybe 4 or so duals from each in-state school. Clean house.

This email brought to you by the good people at Zorin Industries "warm fuzzy tomorrows for people" TM, copyright Zorin.
    And
    the Annenberg Foundation, worthless descendents of well-meaning rich dead people enriching activist seat warmers in the name of charity
    And
    Ford Motor Company, we don't have any money to build cars correctly or run our business, but we have your stimulus money to keep giving to Bil Moyer's production company and to spend on pointless advertising.
    And
    Viewers Like You
    Thanks.
    The article stated that already. For the current 5-6 meets in a year it cost around $40,000. I also didn't read past the bolded part yet. You just seem angry and belligerent.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,463
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 109

Honestly I kind of agree with him. IPTV may have outgrown its usefulness. Do you honestly not think local channels would pick up ISU/Iowa wrestling? They could turn it into an actual sporting event rather than it being like watching the antiques road show.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    The article stated that already. For the current 5-6 meets in a year it cost around $40,000. I also didn't read past the bolded part yet. You just seem angry and belligerent.

I am and I am. Ever see that movie "Network"?
    Seriously, I was having fun, but it is OK to be angry at some of the absolute crap being dished up to us presently. I do wish the Des Moines Ragister would contrast the reasonable costs of putting high school and a little college wrestling versus the other programming that is promoted on that channel.
    I will stand by my call that IPTV should be eliminated. It is not 1965 anymore, and there are plenty of media outlets. We do not need a Pravda espousing the prevailing thought of the party.
    If we could keep it to wrestling, the state fair, fishing, etc....then it be more beneficial. Maybe broadcast the theatrics of the state house like a mini- C=span.

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58

There are plenty of visual media outlets in Iowa, but how many of them (besides IPTV) reach the entire state?

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyfan964 View Post
    Honestly I kind of agree with him. IPTV may have outgrown its usefulness. Do you honestly not think local channels would pick up ISU/Iowa wrestling? They could turn it into an actual sporting event rather than it being like watching the antiques road show.
    Do you really think any other network would pick up any Iowa duals beside that one? At least we have a shot at seeing wrestling squads at all levels here. If IPTV was dropped, we would possibly get the Iowa/ISU meet and that's it. I doubt the state finals would even be televised if it were dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyhappyclone View Post
    I am and I am. Ever see that movie "Network"?
    Seriously, I was having fun, but it is OK to be angry at some of the absolute crap being dished up to us presently. I do wish the Des Moines Ragister would contrast the reasonable costs of putting high school and a little college wrestling versus the other programming that is promoted on that channel.
    I will stand by my call that IPTV should be eliminated. It is not 1965 anymore, and there are plenty of media outlets. We do not need a Pravda espousing the prevailing thought of the party.
    If we could keep it to wrestling, the state fair, fishing, etc....then it be more beneficial. Maybe broadcast the theatrics of the state house like a mini- C=span.
    Those, plus all the kids' shows. The ones you mention are the only ones I like right now, but they have a crap-ton of kid shows on throughout the day as well.