Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 311

Can someone explain to me why Foreclosures

are getting bailed out. Why is it that lately everyone in America who has done the right thing like pay there bills does not get crap. If you don't pay your bills you get bailed out. It's like America now has an incentive program to not pay for your crap.

Obama Announces $75 Billion Foreclosure Prevention Plan - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

I feel bad for people losing there homes. At the same time they should start giving incentives for people who do the right thing. It might make people want to try harder.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 392

Re: Can someone explain to me why Foreclosures

When they foreclose, dont we all suffer? If the lending industry tanks from those losses, all of us will feel something Im sure. I really dont know much about this stuff, but it seems like it would screw us all. Its crap, I agree. But this is a country of handouts.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,196
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 43

This country is rapidly becoming known for rewarding bad decisions/behavior.

No one wants to be responsible for their own actions anymore, and this step by Obama is only encouraging more of that type of behavior.

Walking on water is easy. Just do it in December when it's frozen.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by usedcarguy View Post

Agreed.

See either TARP I or Online fundraiser by Octuplets mom

You know what, Stewie, if you don't like it, go on the internet and complain. -Brian Griffin

Somebody's gotta go back and get a ----load of dimes. -Taggart

Recruit
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    When they foreclose, dont we all suffer? If the lending industry tanks from those losses, all of us will feel something Im sure. I really dont know much about this stuff, but it seems like it would screw us all. Its crap, I agree. But this is a country of handouts.
    It sucks to be someone who is working your a** off just to get by and watch people get bailed out for making bad decisions, but your right we need the banks/lending to come back with a vengeance and soon. So as much as I disagree with the principles behind it; it is probably the right thing to do for the economy as a whole

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 115

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    Many were stupid loans on both ends and both should have to suffer. Why do I have to pay for others wanting to live outside their means? Why do I have to pay for others that blew all their money in the good times while I saved and payed my debt down and lived within my means?

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

No one wants to be responsible for their own actions anymore, and this step by Obama is only encouraging more of that type of behavior.
    Yes that is backwords of the way it should be. It is becoming sad. You take chances and do the right things and have to pay for others that do it all wrong.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Starter
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Can you propose an alternative? Do you allow major parts of our country to go belly-up?

I don't know the answer but I keep seeing tons of negative press on all available steps in attempt to correct the economy.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Has there ever been anything on the table about giving people money to pay for their student loans? I mean, this would seem like a good economic stimulus package. Money to people with educations, but then, they'd probably do the smart thing and hold on to their money and save - lord knows we don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

We should all be given a 4% refi across the board. Considering the fed funds rate is practically 0%. The gov't propped banks should be forced to offer this, and the consumer can choose to accept.

If you can't remain in your home with a rate like that you shouldn't be in your home. That's why we're in this mess in the first place.

For those of us that can remain in at 4%, all the better, and extra cash to spend too. Thus bulking up the economy.

My two cents....

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by laytonz View Post
    It sucks to be someone who is working your a** off just to get by and watch people get bailed out for making bad decisions, but your right we need the banks/lending to come back with a vengeance and soon. So as much as I disagree with the principles behind it; it is probably the right thing to do for the economy as a whole

Oh for sure. This whole economy thing isnt effecting me at all..at least to where I am worried about it. But I plan ahead. Ive learned over the years to prepare. Life, when going great, is awesome, but you have to be ready for the unexpected. I feel bad for the folks who are trying to retired on their investments who are hitting bottom. I dont however feel sorry for the jackasses who bite of more than they can chew and live lifestyles they cant afford to maintain.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by superman_101680 View Post
    Can you propose an alternative? Do you allow major parts of our country to go belly-up?

I don't know the answer but I keep seeing tons of negative press on all available steps in attempt to correct the economy.

Why are they going belly up? Lets start there and figue out how to fix the problem instead of just throwing money at it.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Many were stupid loans on both ends and both should have to suffer. Why do I have to pay for others wanting to live outside their means? Why do I have to pay for others that blew all their money in the good times while I saved and payed my debt down and lived within my means?

I agree. But those who have loans that are in good standing or those who are applying for loans, will probably suffer for this crap as well. This is where its a tough decision.

Its kind of like the theory behind stores raising their rates to make up for theft losses and insurance increases.

Last edited by bos; 02-18-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by delt4cy View Post
    We should all be given a 4% refi across the board. Considering the fed funds rate is practically 0%. The gov't propped banks should be forced to offer this, and the consumer can choose to accept.

If you can't remain in your home with a rate like that you shouldn't be in your home. That's why we're in this mess in the first place.

For those of us that can remain in at 4%, all the better, and extra cash to spend too. Thus bulking up the economy.

My two cents....
    I was thinking something similar, but when the first bailout came, divide all that money to pay down the balance of everyone's mortgage then refinance them all at 4%. That would give everyone a much lower payment > giving them more money to spend > creating more jobs > allowing people to keep jobs > allowing people to keep their homes... The banks would get their money, it would just be dictated as to where it goes...

Regardless, the forclosures need to be halted, it's killing everyone's home values, even the responsible ones that are making their payments will still be upside down on their mortgage...

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Speechless
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 588
    Given: 321

The problem is, many of the banks are basically insolvent.... and none of the possible solutions are palatable to most of us, so you just have to hold your nose and pick the lesser of the evils.

Seriously. The banks owe way more than they originally indicated, and the 1st bailout won't even come close to covering what they need. So we have 3 crappy options left:

1. More bailouts.

2. Let the banks collapse, which most (so-called) economic experts believe will lead to our economy collapsing.

3. Nationalize the insolvent banks.

Since most (especially politicians) will do anything to avoid #2 or #3, we will end up doing more bailouts..... I assume the idea behind bailing out the homeowners is you may as well help out the homeowners rather than just end up giving even more money to the banks in the end. What a mess.

There is a part of me that would love to just let the banks fail, and let the chips fall where they may. I am in a good position with my job and I didn't get a mortgage I can't afford, so it would probably be better off for me personally in the end. But, unfortunately I have a conscience so I worry about other people and nobody wants to see massive, massive unemployment and a real depression.

Last edited by CloneIce; 02-18-2009 at 12:10 PM.