Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

How bad was it?

I agree - this hasn't been a good week. But, our goals are a multi-year process. The first five year goal period ends 2011 and Pollard set goals for academics, competitiveness and finance. I think we're on track with academics and finance. Competition is measured in terms of conference titles (five) and the Big 12 Commisioner's cup (top half). Both of these seem dubious, but doable. For those who think things were so good before Pollard, we were 12th in the cup for six years from 2001.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: How bad was it?

I would rather go to a bowl game and/or an NCAA tournament and finish 12th in the Director's Cup than finish 5th in the director's cup while going 2-24 in football and men's basketball. But as long as you're happy...

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Re: How bad was it?

You seem to assume that the football and MBB results are because of Pollard. I suggest ISU has cycled through good and bad times before and the future is likely to be better because of the broadbased goals than without.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads