Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: What an awful week

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we lose scholarships because we didn't graduate enough players?

McD did it, diddy didn't! You wrong.

Even if it didn't matter, wrong is still wrong.

?what is this senior contradiction?

So you'll settle for NIT games when that team should've been in the NCAA tournament? Ok. That team underachieved mightily.

But Greg's teams give such a good effort haha!

Beating recruits? The Big XII is a different animals because over half the conference has new practice/game facilities so recruiting is hard to compare.

Talking about Marquette here dude.

T-fouls show your team how to fight? I'm thinking the correlation between technicals the coach has received and wins are not even remotely correlated.

Perhaps you never witnessed a Bobby Knight coached team, isn't that type of disciplinarian what everyone wanted to run the inmates by?

Most successful. The correct answer here is Bill Fennelly. He runs a clean program, built it the right way, and that Pollard guy gave him a lifetime contract. Who'da thunk it?
    Well you got the last one right and ill ask a follow up to that who hired BF? It wasn't the weasel! A builder can be great at putting you in debt! FYI

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 712
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Morgan lost us scholarships. The current staff makes sure kids do the school work they are supposed to. It took some time to get them all back.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

We won a MBB game this week (37-9)!!!!!!!!!!

How on Earth could you call this a terrible week?

That win automatically calls for MASSIVE CELEBRATIONS across Cyclone Nation. People are still dancing in the streets after our 2nd Conference win of '08-'09 Season (includes Football and Basketball). Do you realize that with that Glorious Win, we have doubled our Conference win Total.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Morgan lost us scholarships. The current staff makes sure kids do the school work they are supposed to. It took some time to get them all back.
    Can you show me this I have never seen anything in the papers about it.

Greg is such a good guy taking advantage of the new athlete learning villa perhaps they could build some sort of performance villa and some special dorms and give them better food and etc.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    jaretac- Please don't say the fans didn't like Morgan because I liked him and so did some others on the board that were shocked that he was being canned by JP. And you said we would have got more NCAA penalties under Morgan? What penalties did we have under Morgan, the NCAA said the scheduling issue wasn't even worth investigating. I won't recite all the good Morgan did, but do you really want to compare his 3 years with GMac's first 3? Fact is some of us were blasted on this board when we said Morgan had done a pretty good job and to can him would risk losing players and send the program into the pits, and it's tough to get out. Well that's where we are now, so please don't try to make GMac look better by making false accusations about Morgan's program.
    There were also fans that liked McCarney. If fans liked Morgan so well, why did attendence drop so sharply under Morgan's tenue. Read your own statement.

Part of the reason the NCAA didn't investigate was becuase we were handling it. If we had done nothing, you better believe that the NCAA would have investigated.

Last, I'm not defending McDermott. I have openly questioned McDermott's coaching (no, that doesn't mean I want to see him fired). I was simply pointing out that in W/L, we are no worse this year than we were Morgan's last year. My point was, that MBB was bad before JP did anything to it.

Last edited by jaretac; 02-16-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cybirdie View Post
    Well you got the last one right and ill ask a follow up to that who hired BF? It wasn't the weasel! A builder can be great at putting you in debt! FYI
    I'm impressed by how much of that you had wrong. G-Mac hasn't lost us any scholarships. I even can verify with my own eyes that most of our players are going to classes because I have them in classes.

The D1 scheduling he knew was wrong, but did it anyways. Wrong is wrong.

Right now, McD's coaching is light years ahead of Morgan. Wayne could recruit, but he couldn't coach himself out of a box. Wesley Johnson stays around and we're looking at a NIT or NCAA bubble team right now.

Talking about Marquette? Why? Because we've lost sooooo many players to Marquette. Get real.

Perhaps you have never witnessed a Bill Fennelly team. Or how about a Pat Summitt team. Or how about Bill Self. Or how about Roy Williams. Or how about Mike Krzyzewski.

Honestly, I don't know who hired Bill, but your "weasel" could very easily have fired him too and didn't. Wonder why not?

Great at putting us in debt? I'm sorry, but due to our lack of past athletic directors with a brain in their heads, we don't have a budget to work with to make any necessary improvements. Face it, we play in a glorified high school stadium. We finally have someone who is willing to try and fix it. Did you know the suites are paying themselves off? 10 years from now, the west side improvements pay for themselves.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Can you show me this I have never seen anything in the papers about it.

Greg is such a good guy taking advantage of the new athlete learning villa perhaps they could build some sort of performance villa and some special dorms and give them better food and etc.
    You make it sound like those student athletes are your entertainment puppets. Are you really that thick? Their main job isn't to win basketball games or football games, they are at Iowa State to get an education and become respectable adults. The fact that you are tarnishing the importance of academics says it all.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,155
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34

Didn't the team gpa go up under Morgan from the LE years? I know Faulkner was ineligible and there was some turnover, but hasn't GMac also had a lot of turnover (even when you don't count the mass exit when Morgan was fired). Trying to blame Morgan for GMac's failures is absurd. And somebody tell me how many of Morgan's players are in the NBA if he was suppose to be so loaded with talent. I'll just stick to the facts- Morgan-Winning Seasons 3-0. Post season wins-4. Wins over top 10 teams (at home and on the road-4). GMac- Winnning seasons 0-3-Post season wins 0. Post season appearances-0. Wins over top 25 teams-0. Enough said.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Didn't the team gpa go up under Morgan from the LE years? I know Faulkner was ineligible and there was some turnover, but hasn't GMac also had a lot of turnover (even when you don't count the mass exit when Morgan was fired). Trying to blame Morgan for GMac's failures is absurd. And somebody tell me how many of Morgan's players are in the NBA if he was suppose to be so loaded with talent. I'll just stick to the facts- Morgan-Winning Seasons 3-0. Post season wins-4. Wins over top 10 teams (at home and on the road-4). GMac- Winnning seasons 0-3-Post season wins 0. Post season appearances-0. Wins over top 25 teams-0. Enough said.
    Talent in college basketball doesn't equate to NBA players.

Signed,

Jay Williams
    DaJuan Wagner
    Chris Washburn

And you're saying Stinson and Blalock weren't talented? Wayne took a good team and made it worse.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Who hired Cael Sanderson, who has won two straight Big12 titles, was runner up national champs and national coach of the year with in his first season?

Who hired Christy Johnson who has taken the volleyball team from nothing to a sweet 16 and a Elite 8 appearance?

I don't even remember who hired BF, but chances are they hired some bad coaches too. Actually, if I recall, the former softball coach (who was fired just before JP was hired) was hired by the same AD.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    Who hired Cael Sanderson, who has won two straight Big12 titles, was runner up national champs and national coach of the year with in his first season?

Who hired Christy Johnson who has taken the volleyball team from nothing to a sweet 16 and a Elite 8 appearance?
    But, but, but...those were duh hires. Anyone could have done that!

Better, who has kept Christy here even though she's got offers up the wazoo. Oh yeah, that guy again

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 32

Well, it was a bad Sunday, with women's b-ball and wrestling, two of our three name programs (along with volleyball) going down...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,155
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34

Regarding the scheduling flap, I'm pretty sure I read that the NCAA's position was that there wasn't anything there to investigate. I really don't know for sure, but did any school get in any trouble with the NCAA over the scheduling situation? There were other schools using the service and I never heard or read anything else about it, but there may have been. Isn't the A.D heavily (or mainly) involved in scheduling and if JP didn't like it, he could change it, which he did. And somebody explain to me how many scholarships we lost because of graduation rates, and who recruited the players that didn't graduate. Did some of this happen because of the players that left because Morgan was getting fired?

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Regarding the scheduling flap, I'm pretty sure I read that the NCAA's position was that there wasn't anything there to investigate. I really don't know for sure, but did any school get in any trouble with the NCAA over the scheduling situation? There were other schools using the service and I never heard or read anything else about it, but there may have been. Isn't the A.D heavily (or mainly) involved in scheduling and if JP didn't like it, he could change it, which he did. And somebody explain to me how many scholarships we lost because of graduation rates, and who recruited the players that didn't graduate. Did some of this happen because of the players that left because Morgan was getting fired?
    Doesn't matter if they left, but they left in bad academic standing. That's what screwed us. I want to say it was 2. I think I read an article a few weeks ago that said 2...

All-Star
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    I'm on your side but Christy was already here when Jamie arrived.

Iowa at Iowa State mens basketball 2013
    http://photos.winterinkphotography.com/p376465524

Iowa State Football Photos from the past
    http://photos.winterinkphotography.com/p696287303