Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Crazy about stats?

Here are the stats from the whole team in every shape and form you can find them. enjoy-

Iowa State - Season Statistics

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Pro
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,005
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 13

Re: Crazy about stats?

A few random observations using kenpom.com stats and these:

• Diante Garrett should try to be in the gym every day and make 500 jumpers before he leaves, even if it has to be at the expense of weight training.
    • Lucca Staiger and Alex Thompson are pretty close to averaging 1 free throw attempt per 100 minutes played, a truly impressive ratio.
    • Seniors are getting 60 minutes a game (out of 200). I'd like to see that cut in half down the stretch.
    • On that note, however, Bryan Petersen has the second best stat line on the team. I don't even know what to say about that.
    • Charles Boozer, the guard that appears most able to step up and be a contributor, has played in just 139 of 1005 possible minutes played this season. I've seen no reason to believe that he couldn't contribute just as much as Bryan Petersen, who has played 759 of 1005 possible minutes.
    • Alex Thompson has played more minutes than both Jaime Vanderbeken and Justin Hamilton. Again, why?
    • If the collective lack of minutes for certain players is due to "not understanding the offense," HCGM needs a new offense. This "offense" we have now is the worst in the Big 12, period.
    • ISU is dead last in the nation in steals per defensive possession. Dead. Last.
    • On that note, (I think) I noticed that no one on this team fouls. Peterson averages a tic over 2 per game, and he's leading the team. This leads me to believe that we can and should be more aggressive attacking the rim, and more physical on defense.
    • ISU fans' (or at least HCGM fans') knees should be sore from praying that Craig Brackins is on campus another year. I don't want to say it, but it should be said: This team would be awful without him. We'll see how the voters treat the "great player on a bad team" come selection time for the All-Big 12 teams, but CB certainly has a strong case for 1st team.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 614
    Given: 389

It says we are way too passive and very safe and non aggressive. We have no second person scoring in double figures and our ability to steal a ball is bush league which means we do not play close enough to the opponent. We do not drive to the bucket except for DG and we are too soft. Time for more Booze time. He can play defense, he can drive, he is strong, he is tall enough, and he looks like he is Big 12 material.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post

• Diante Garrett should try to be in the gym every day and make 500 jumpers before he leaves, even if it has to be at the expense of weight training.
    • Lucca Staiger and Alex Thompson are pretty close to averaging 1 free throw attempt per 100 minutes played, a truly impressive ratio.
    • Seniors are getting 60 minutes a game (out of 200). I'd like to see that cut in half down the stretch.
    • On that note, however, Bryan Petersen has the second best stat line on the team. I don't even know what to say about that.
    • Charles Boozer, the guard that appears most able to step up and be a contributor, has played in just 139 of 1005 possible minutes played this season. I've seen no reason to believe that he couldn't contribute just as much as Bryan Petersen, who has played 759 of 1005 possible minutes.
    • Alex Thompson has played more minutes than both Jaime Vanderbeken and Justin Hamilton. Again, why?
    • If the collective lack of minutes for certain players is due to "not understanding the offense," HCGM needs a new offense. This "offense" we have now is the worst in the Big 12, period.
    • ISU is dead last in the nation in steals per defensive possession. Dead. Last.
    • On that note, (I think) I noticed that no one on this team fouls. Peterson averages a tic over 2 per game, and he's leading the team. This leads me to believe that we can and should be more aggressive attacking the rim, and more physical on defense.
    • ISU fans' (or at least HCGM fans') knees should be sore from praying that Craig Brackins is on campus another year. I don't want to say it, but it should be said: This team would be awful without him. We'll see how the voters treat the "great player on a bad team" come selection time for the All-Big 12 teams, but CB certainly has a strong case for 1st team.
    What exactly is this team with him this year?

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Legend
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 52

Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post