Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 13

Nice Birthday Present

My 30th is on Sunday and my wife couldn't wait so she let me open my present today. It was 3rd row tickets behind the visitors dugout at Petco for the Padres/Dodgers home opener series. I have still never been to Dodger Stadium but this is a very good present since we are needing to go to SD anyway to check out a potential school for my MBA(Sports MBA through SDSU). I am really looking forward to seeing this park and a way to make this an even better gift is if I see Manny roaming the grass for LA.

"It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 115

Re: Nice Birthday Present

Quote Originally Posted by JHudd View Post
    My 30th is on Sunday and my wife couldn't wait so she let me open my present today. It was 3rd row tickets behind the visitors dugout at Petco for the Padres/Dodgers home opener series. I have still never been to Dodger Stadium but this is a very good present since we are needing to go to SD anyway to check out a potential school for my MBA(Sports MBA through SDSU). I am really looking forward to seeing this park and a way to make this an even better gift is if I see Manny roaming the grass for LA.
    San Diego in early April? sounds better than the midwest... plus baseball?... im jealous

Addict
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 423

Yea!! Happy Birthday (early too)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,228
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    San Diego in early April? sounds better than the midwest... plus baseball?... im jealous

Yes, was definitely not what I was expecting or even asking for but I am really looking forward to it. I have heard Petco is a nice park and will cross another one off my list. I am sure I am behind many people on how many ballparks I have been to but I am trying to see as many as I can.

John Steinbeck

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 537

Dude, your wife is awesome! Props to her for thinking of a great present! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ive been to a padres game at petco and its beautiful. its a unique park. have fun!

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 31

Yes, was definitely not what I was expecting or even asking for but I am really looking forward to it. I have heard Petco is a nice park and will cross another one off my list. I am sure I am behind many people on how many ballparks I have been to but I am trying to see as many as I can.
    I'm hoping to cross 3-4 off my list this year... Maybe next year I will have the time/money to hit the socal circuit... Sounds like fun!

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    I'm hoping to cross 3-4 off my list this year... Maybe next year I will have the time/money to hit the socal circuit... Sounds like fun!
    You definitely have a little easier route than I do but it still seems like a chase because there are so many great parks I want to see and I keep worrying I won't get to them all before they are closed. The 3-4 per year thing is a great goal but unfortunately I am looking at 1-2 new ones per year, unless the MBA program I want to attend turns into the type of job I am looking for.

John Steinbeck

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 31

You definitely have a little easier route than I do but it still seems like a chase because there are so many great parks I want to see and I keep worrying I won't get to them all before they are closed. The 3-4 per year thing is a great goal but unfortunately I am looking at 1-2 new ones per year, unless the MBA program I want to attend turns into the type of job I am looking for.
    I was hoping to get Yankee Stadium but never quite made it... Really looking forward to Fenway next year. This year we plan on hitting Nationals Park, Camden Yards, the new Busch Stadium and MAYBE Minute Made...

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I was hoping to get Yankee Stadium but never quite made it... Really looking forward to Fenway next year. This year we plan on hitting Nationals Park, Camden Yards, the new Busch Stadium and MAYBE Minute Made...
    Luckily got to Yankee Stadium(I could see why they need the new one) last season during the 4th of July weekend for the Sox game. I was out there for training and my wife really wanted to see NY so we ended up getting tickets on the Subway for $100 each, 4 rows up in RF. We watched a game at Camden on the 4th for $35 each, 3rd row up from the dugout, it helped that I am friends with a few guys in the PD there though. Wish I would have got down to Nationals Park while I was there, though we plan on going back to DC in August for the Army Ball so I may try to work that in.

John Steinbeck

Addict
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 95

I went to a game at Yankee stadium when I was a kid. 5 or 6 years old. Thurman Munson was catching. My brother and I got "mugged" while walking back to our seats. They stole the helmets and mini bats we just bought. I quote mugged because they were just kids, probably a couple years older than us but my brother still says one of them had a knife. Anyway, I ended up buying a full sized bat with Thurman Munson's signature. I made the mistake of using it in Little League and it got broken in the first game.

As for birthday presents, my wife got me a ticket to a practice round at The Masters this year for my 40th

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Our original plans called for trying to get to Fenway since her family is all Sox fans but with them being in NY the weekend we were in town it just didn't work. We planned it prior to looking at the schedule but at least she got to see her team, and I broke down and bought a Yankee's cap.(It was the one with the Stars and Stripes, got the O's one as well that weekend.)

The best thing about baseball to me is all the stories and how I seem to remember so many details from it all. I am really shocked my wife did this for me since she really has a hard spot in her life for the game, her Dad coached for LaSalle(CR) HS while she was young and was gone a lot due to the season and her birthday falls in August so....She is slowly coming around an now likes being at the games and I am getting her to the point where she will even watch some. I just need to work on that whole Red Sox thing.

John Steinbeck

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    I went to a game at Yankee stadium when I was a kid. 5 or 6 years old. Thermun Munson was catching. My brother and I got "mugged" while walking back to our seats. They stole the helmets and mini bats we just bought. I quote mugged because they were just kids, probably a couple years older than us but my brother still says one of them had a knife. Anyway, I ended up buying a full sized bat with Thurmon Munson's signature. I made the mistake of using it in Little League and it got broken in the first game.

As for birthday presents, my wife got me a ticket to a practice round at The Masters this year for my 40th
    That would be a good step for my 40th, I was actually thinking I was getting some PGA Championship tickets since I have been really talking about that since it is only about 5 minutes away from us this year. I am trying to get my Aunt to pull some strings at Aegon to get me there for a day or so for cheap. I hope you enjoy your trip.

John Steinbeck

All-Star
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I was the first person to step on the pitchers mound. Nuff said...

All things flow according to the whims of the great magnet.

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail."