Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Looks like the Colts will move on...

Crazy, amazing, shocking stat of the game...

Kansas City's first, first down - came with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

No one could've even dreamed that would happen - even if you're the biggest Colt homer on the planet.

Also, Manning struggles in yet another playoff game.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Re: Looks like the Colts will move on...

Good lord man, KC's offensive line is going to get Green's head ripped off.

Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

We should have had Huard in after the first three 3 and out. Here I was screaming yelling to no reason knowing that "Herm, The Terminator" will screw it all up with his play calling. I called 90% of the plays that they ran (as in run up the middle,run up the middle,pass) how hard is it for the defense to protect against that? CONSERVATIVE PLAY CALLING killed the Chiefs. When you struggle like Green had you need to make the change. Two teams go in one leaves. I remember Herm stating "You play to win the game" unless you want the other team to win.

Addict Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I hope Jordan Black finds a new home with that 1 year contract he signed

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave19642006 View Post
    I hope Jordan Black finds a new home with that 1 year contract he signed
    The traffic report says things were moving smoothly along I-65 today.

I expected a loss today but I would have liked to see the team play with some emotion. Indy looked much more inspired from the very beginning. Defense did everything they could but the offense was beyond brutal.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44

Indy's defense definitely showed they had something to prove. How many times have I heard this last week that with the Colts poor run defense, LJ would have 300+ yards rushing and he got how many???? 34. I don't know what finally zapped my Colts to start playing defense but I hope they keep it up for another 3 games. Baltimore will be tough especially at home that is certain.

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 6

Ty Law still owns Manning. I just wish the Chiefs offense could have showed up it doesn't help when th WR can't catch.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 74

Are chiefs fans, or fans of the NFL, questioning Herm's decision to replace Huard?

Who is the Chiefs starting QB in 2007?

Addict Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    Are chiefs fans, or fans of the NFL, questioning Herm's decision to replace Huard?

as a Chiefs fan and knowing the words of Herman "We play to win the game" also stated that he will replace if necessary the Quarterback. Yes Trent will be there in 2007 as the starter, but to win the game put the player that had sucess recently to play the game. it just plain stincks that Indi knew what we were going to do. Conservative play calling.

Addict Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Players Question Play Calling
    1/07/07 at 6:15 pm; ChiefsWarpath.com

[Topeka Capital-Journal] Larry Johnson didn't want to be the bad guy. He's been painted that way before.
    "I can't say it," Johnson said, "because then I'd be looked at as being a jerk."

Trent Green didn't say it directly, either. So it fell on Tony Gonzalez to say what everybody else was thinking.

Tony, you have the floor.

"It was a little bit predictable on our part as far as, we're gonna run, run, pass," Gonzalez said. "I think going in to it, everybody knew, the national media, the local media, everybody knew that what you want to do against the Colts is run the ball. They're talking about Larry getting off this week, and he could have.

"But I think when a defense knows that going into the game, they're gonna put eight, nine guys in the box, that we have to open it up with the pass."

That oh-so obvious game plan the Chiefs sought to execute, the one that got Johnson an NFL-record 416 carries during the regular season, failed spectacularly Saturday in a 23-8 loss in an AFC wild-card playoff to the Indianapolis Colts and their No. 32 run defense.

Johnson finished with 32 yards on 13 carries.

"I just wish I coulda had a say-so as far as helping us try to do some different things," Johnson said. "I knew it was gonna happen. I don't care who you are, when you've got somebody on TV telling you this is gonna happen to you, you gotta have enough pride in you."

Johnson said the Chiefs' offense let their defense down.

"We played like we're playing against dum-dums," Johnson said.

"Everybody's talking about how they're last in the league in stopping the run," Gonzalez said. "And it's smart of us to go out there and try to exploit that, but at the same time when it's not working , you're gonna have to switch to something else.

"I think in the second half, we finally hit our rhythm and did what we're capable of doing. By then, it's too little, too late."

Green didn't necessarily agree with Gonzalez and Johnson, but he didn't disagree, either.

"I don't know if I'd call it predictable, that's just the offense we run," Green said. "It's what we've done all year."

Green and Johnson both said the offense took a step back Saturday, a step they'll try to regain over the offseason.

Addict Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post

New Look for Chiefs' Offense in '07
    1/08/07 at 7:17 am; ChiefsWarpath.com

[Kansas City.com] One day after a pathetic performance bounced his team from the playoffs, Herm Edwards promised offensive changes for the Chiefs in 2007.
    Edwards said he couldn’t be specific about many of the changes because they are still to be decided. But he indicated they would probably include a different scheme — and maybe a new starting quarterback.

They won’t include a new coordinator. Edwards said Mike Solari would continue in that job no matter what type of offense the Chiefs use.

Edwards also said defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham and the rest of his assistant coaches would be welcome to return next season.

We didn’t handle their speed real well,” Edwards said.

“We have to take a hard look at ourselves. You have to be realistic and ask yourself if we’re really capable of (successfully running their current system). I want to make sure of one thing: Whatever type of system we run, young players have to be able to play. They can’t wait a year or two to get on the field. I don’t want to be in a situation where young guys who have some talent can’t play because the system is too complex.

“There are some things we do very well. There are things we can do even better. That’s what I’m talking about here: How do we do these things better? It’s not a laundry list of things. These are just things that allow us to get the football to the right players.”

Edwards said the Chiefs would keep their power running game centered on Larry Johnson and a play-action passing game. But they will simplify by cutting back on the number of plays and their complexities.

Those changes would be aimed toward making things easier for younger players. Edwards wouldn’t identify those players he would like to play more next season, but he may have been talking about rookie wide receivers Jeff Webb and Chris Hannon and perhaps even rookie quarterback Brodie Croyle.

“I just know it has to be player-friendly,” Edwards said. “It has to be something that young players at all positions can play. I want to give the quarterback even more ability to change some things at the line of scrimmage. I want him to have the ability to get to anything we have right now.

Edwards wouldn’t address the issue of whether Trent Green would return as the starting quarterback. Green’s play dropped off significantly this season after he missed eight games because of a concussion.

“That’s not even something we’re discussing right now,” Edwards said. “There are a whole lot of other things we have to do as far as the program before we start worrying about player situations. That’s second on the agenda.”

www.chiefswarpath.com

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 127

Not so much the whole OL being terrible as the LT. That was embarassing to watch and I don't even cheer for the Chiefs.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.