Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 29,440, Level: 52
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cychhosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. Iowa
    Posts
    1,201
    Points
    29,440
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 49

    Iowa State Colors

    I'm (finally) ready to paint my basement project in an Iowa State motif. I sent the Mrs. to True Value yesterday with the history of ISU basketball poster from a year ago, with the hopes of getting a good match. She found a red that I like/works, but I didn't care for the two golds she brought home. The plan is to do all the walls in gold and either sponge paint the red (cardinal) or trim out soffits and go with some stripes. I may also consider an ISU wallpaper border.

    Questions:
    1. Where can I get a good Gold that will look rich without making the room appear dank?

    2. Are there any borders out there with the new I-State logo? I haven't looked alot, but all I see is the old "bird in a blender" stuff.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,535, Level: 79
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Cycofan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,100
    Points
    65,535
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Colors

    Get the Iowa State color pantone code and see if they can type it in the computer there and have it that color.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 38,507, Level: 60
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,898
    Points
    38,507
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 4

    Re: Iowa State Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by cychhosis View Post
    I'm (finally) ready to paint my basement project in an Iowa State motif. I sent the Mrs. to True Value yesterday with the history of ISU basketball poster from a year ago, with the hopes of getting a good match. She found a red that I like/works, but I didn't care for the two golds she brought home. The plan is to do all the walls in gold and either sponge paint the red (cardinal) or trim out soffits and go with some stripes. I may also consider an ISU wallpaper border.

    Questions:
    1. Where can I get a good Gold that will look rich without making the room appear dank?

    2. Are there any borders out there with the new I-State logo? I haven't looked alot, but all I see is the old "bird in a blender" stuff.
    Does Home Depot have ISU team colors maybe? I know they have the college series/pro series but I didn't know if they covered ISU.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,615, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    dustinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Points
    55,615
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycofan1 View Post
    Get the Iowa State color pantone code and see if they can type it in the computer there and have it that color.
    http://www.cyclones.com//pdf1/91754....B_OEM_ID=10700




  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 17,145, Level: 39
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    candg4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    1,042
    Points
    17,145
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 50

    Re: Iowa State Colors

    See if this link works, http://www.cyclones.com//pdf1/91754....B_OEM_ID=10700

    It might answer your questions.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 11,657, Level: 32
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    757
    Points
    11,657
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by cychhosis View Post
    I'm (finally) ready to paint my basement project in an Iowa State motif. I sent the Mrs. to True Value yesterday with the history of ISU basketball poster from a year ago, with the hopes of getting a good match. She found a red that I like/works, but I didn't care for the two golds she brought home. The plan is to do all the walls in gold and either sponge paint the red (cardinal) or trim out soffits and go with some stripes. I may also consider an ISU wallpaper border.

    Questions:
    1. Where can I get a good Gold that will look rich without making the room appear dank?

    2. Are there any borders out there with the new I-State logo? I haven't looked alot, but all I see is the old "bird in a blender" stuff.
    If you go to home depot they have the actual colors on their computer. I just did my game room over the summer and it looks pretty sweet. I painted the walls Cardinal with a Gold stripe around the middle all the way around. Then I got the new I State logo on one of the walls too.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 23,909, Level: 47
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    psycln11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,603
    Points
    23,909
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State Colors


    They should be able to use the RGB from that sheet.


    Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 29,440, Level: 52
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cychhosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. Iowa
    Posts
    1,201
    Points
    29,440
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 49

    Re: Iowa State Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by kurimski View Post
    If you go to home depot they have the actual colors on their computer. I just did my game room over the summer and it looks pretty sweet. I painted the walls Cardinal with a Gold stripe around the middle all the way around. Then I got the new I State logo on one of the walls too.
    Thanks everyone! The color guide is just what I wanted.

    Kurimski, I would love to see pix of your room.

    It looks like I'll have to wait on the wallpaper border.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM