Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

With all these negative posts on McD

Makes me not even wanting to go to games or even support the team. I can see how a recruit prospect might stray away from Iowa State.
    If I was a prospect and read all this stuff on here, it would tell me "Why should I go to Iowa State.".
    McD is having a hard time convincing the players that better things will come.
    If Brackins leaves next year there might be more to come. If we SUPPORT McD through these times we might be able to convince Brackins one more year. We need to be die hard fans through thick and thin. Let Pollard make the decision on who to keep or let go. The recruiting is getting better, and better. I does not happen over night or in three years. Most people think it can like football. BUt lots of these players can leave after one or two years to the NBA. What does that mean? It means that McD has players that are NBA caliber. After two years he needs to fill that void. THAT PEOPLE IS HARD TO DO AT TIMES. Remember we are not a powerhouse yet.
    IF Brackins stays for one more year I see Iowa State Basketball program have a different swagger for 2009-2010 season.
    We need to support McD no matter what the circumstances. All you that want to fire McD think of who the next coach will be. Yes we can throw names out there, but would they want to coach here with this "IOWA HAWKEYE" mentality. Maybe thats who they all are? A bunch of Iowa fans disguised as Clone fans. Be glad that you have a coach like McD and not like Lichlighter. Licklighter was a OMG pick for Iowa and what has he done so far? McD is just a player away from breaking it wide open like he did at UNI.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: With all these negative posts on McD

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

I agree there is a fine line here that we all need to be careful with. I don't think we need to blindly follow and support a coach that we don't feel is doing a good job. I think many of us did that a little bit with Chizik and now we see where that got us.

I think it's fine to critique a coach's decisions during a game, his plays, etc....that's just part of being a fan who is passionate and wants good things from his/her team.

I do agree completely that all the talk about firing the coach and getting somebody else just hurts us in the long run. I'm sure all the recruits have access to the internet and if they are serious about ISU, there's a good chance they have taken a look at CF. It would be a good idea for us all to remember that when we post.

My position, for what it's worth, is that I support McDermott! First, I think he is a good coach and is the right guy to get this team back to where it once was. I also believe he will do it the right way! That doesn't mean, however, that I will defend every decision he makes on the court if I think something else would have had beter results.

The fine line!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

McD is the guy to get this done... Everyone remember when we hired him?? He said this was not a quick fix. He said that this was going to take time, but he was going to do it the right way. We all understood that then, did you just all forget? If he wouldnt have overachieved his first season here would we be in this position right now? Would it have all been better if he didnt give you a taste of what he can do in that first season?

Look at what he's done with the hand he's been given... We've atleast been competitive in almost every game. We went on the road to the #7 team in the nation and stood toe to toe with them. He's brought in a NBA caliber player, and we've got MANY more NBA caliber players on our radars interested in this program. If he has another bad year next year, letting him go is going to be the worst thing Iowa State has ever done. He's got this on the right track and he's doing it the right way. We will be back. Mark my words, we will be back

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by im4iast8 View Post
    McD is the guy to get this done... Everyone remember when we hired him?? He said this was not a quick fix. He said that this was going to take time, but he was going to do it the right way. We all understood that then, did you just all forget? If he wouldnt have overachieved his first season here would we be in this position right now? Would it have all been better if he didnt give you a taste of what he can do in that first season?

Look at what he's done with the hand he's been given... We've atleast been competitive in almost every game. We went on the road to the #7 team in the nation and stood toe to toe with them. He's brought in a NBA caliber player, and we've got MANY more NBA caliber players on our radars interested in this program. If he has another bad year next year, letting him go is going to be the worst thing Iowa State has ever done. He's got this on the right track and he's doing it the right way. We will be back. Mark my words, we will be back
    That's what I'd say too if I planned on sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by im4iast8 View Post

So you're saying you don't want ISU to give recruits 10k before and 10K after signing like Marquette does?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You people must think pretty highly of yourselves for posting on here...memo to all...this little website is having no impact on the administrative decisions, coaching decisions, or the decisions of recruits thinking about ISU.

LSU's main message board (Tigerdroppings.com) was in meltdown mode for most of the FB season as they finished the regular season 7-5...yet they just signed what is universally considered one of the top 3 recruiting classes in CFB.

This is a place to vent and debate. If you want to influence the AD, coach, or recruits you better find another way.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ISU fans voices are heard on here from many different people...

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenum1 View Post
    this little website is having no impact on the administrative decisions...

This is a place to vent and debate. If you want to influence the AD, coach, or recruits you better find another way.
    Wonder how Ed Podalak feels about this......?

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I say just let the man do his job. The coaches, players and potential recruits don't need us telling them what they already know.

Yes, losing is hard as fans, but is 1,000 time harder for those on the court.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

You people must think pretty highly of yourselves for posting on here...memo to all...this little website is having no impact on the administrative decisions, coaching decisions, or the decisions of recruits thinking about ISU.

LSU's main message board (Tigerdroppings.com) was in meltdown mode for most of the FB season as they finished the regular season 7-5...yet they just signed what is universally considered one of the top 3 recruiting classes in CFB.

So you've personally talked to Jamie and every single recruit that ISU has on it's radar? Unless you have, it appears you think a little too highly of yourself to presume you know how these recruits make their individual decisions.

While I love Iowa State, I'm not too sure comparing LSU's football program with Iowa State's baskeball program is a true "apples to apples" comparison.

I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I do think if I were being recruited by a program as a 17 or 18 year old kid and that school's message board was rampant with negativity towards the coach and team, I might have some reservations.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 14

In a perfect world, you would be right. Message boards shouldn't matter and anyone reading this should realize that most of us posting have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or have any idea how to coach.

But in reality, I think that message boards and the internet have hurt college athletics. I think that players know what is being said about them and it adds to any unhappiness that they have. I think it makes players think that they would be better off else where. For example, last year before Wes bolted, there was an article in the paper where he talked about how all of the talk from the fans (on the internet) questioning his toughness bothered him. That's not something that he would have had access to even 15 years ago and he probably would have been better off.

On a personal level, message boards have kind of ruined my enjoyment of Iowa State athletics. Anytime I feel good about an Iowa State win, there is always someone who is bashing the effort or a player. And I always feel 100% worse about a loss when I read the board. I finally cancelled my cyclone report subscription and it is like a weight has been lifted. I'll stay on this one because it's free, but I'd be better off ignorning it too.

All-Star
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimusClone View Post
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Im gonna go ahead and make your post better....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA]YouTube - Billy Madison - Everyone is now dumber[/ame]

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    So you're saying you don't want ISU to give recruits 10k before and 10K after signing like Marquette does?
    pretty bold accusations there....

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dave19642006 View Post
    Makes me not even wanting to go to games or even support the team. I can see how a recruit prospect might stray away from Iowa State.
    If I was a prospect and read all this stuff on here, it would tell me "Why should I go to Iowa State.".
    McD is having a hard time convincing the players that better things will come.
    If Brackins leaves next year there might be more to come. If we SUPPORT McD through these times we might be able to convince Brackins one more year. We need to be die hard fans through thick and thin. Let Pollard make the decision on who to keep or let go. The recruiting is getting better, and better. I does not happen over night or in three years. Most people think it can like football. BUt lots of these players can leave after one or two years to the NBA. What does that mean? It means that McD has players that are NBA caliber. After two years he needs to fill that void. THAT PEOPLE IS HARD TO DO AT TIMES. Remember we are not a powerhouse yet.
    IF Brackins stays for one more year I see Iowa State Basketball program have a different swagger for 2009-2010 season.
    We need to support McD no matter what the circumstances. All you that want to fire McD think of who the next coach will be. Yes we can throw names out there, but would they want to coach here with this "IOWA HAWKEYE" mentality. Maybe thats who they all are? A bunch of Iowa fans disguised as Clone fans. Be glad that you have a coach like McD and not like Lichlighter. Licklighter was a OMG pick for Iowa and what has he done so far? McD is just a player away from breaking it wide open like he did at UNI.
    Of course, go to the iowa board, and you'll see people calling for Lick's head. Go to the duke board after Clemson railed them and find people thinking it's time for Coach K to step down. I do believe that prospective student athletes follow these message boards to a point. However, I would think that they don't take it too seriously, particularly after a tough loss or during a disastrous season.