Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

A Question about Tickets

Hello:

I hope this isn't too off putting as I just signed up for this site to get some information about Saturday's game. I hope/plan to keep track of this site and post from time to time (I have posted on Huskerpedia for years).

I live in Manhattan, KS so I have been to three MU games this year (Iliini game - loss, Tech game - win, KSU game - loss so you should want me to come to this game!) and I would like to go to the game Saturday. My buddy would come from Joplin, MO to go with me to the game so we are looking at about a five hour drive each (one way).

There appear to be decent tickets on the website but if we come all that way we would like to have really good tickets without missing a mortgage payment. We were planning on taking $100 (total for both of us) and trying to see if we could get tickets within fifteen rows or so of the court, (my vision is rather poor so sitting close really matters to me).

I was curious if anyone could share information about what the ticket scalping situation is up there? If we aren't just total idiots about negociating to you think we would get good seats in that price range?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 1

Re: A Question about Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
    Hello:

I hope this isn't too off putting as I just signed up for this site to get some information about Saturday's game. I hope/plan to keep track of this site and post from time to time (I have posted on Huskerpedia for years).

I live in Manhattan, KS so I have been to three MU games this year (Iliini game - loss, Tech game - win, KSU game - loss so you should want me to come to this game!) and I would like to go to the game Saturday. My buddy would come from Joplin, MO to go with me to the game so we are looking at about a five hour drive each (one way).

There appear to be decent tickets on the website but if we come all that way we would like to have really good tickets without missing a mortgage payment. We were planning on taking $100 (total for both of us) and trying to see if we could get tickets within fifteen rows or so of the court, (my vision is rather poor so sitting close really matters to me).

I was curious if anyone could share information about what the ticket scalping situation is up there? If we aren't just total idiots about negociating to you think we would get good seats in that price range?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    You will very easily get tickets for that. As long as you can find someone selling lower level, you can probably get them for $50 or less....

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Thanks. If we have to we will buy what is at the box office but once you spent all that time/money paying a few extra bucks to sit close seems worth it.

I have serious concerns about this game. I know our fans are already focusing on our only Big Monday game, we will see how the team comes out.

Also I have been to Ames for two football games and we are 0-2 in those so my trips aren't always successful.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 49

Arena tickets are the closest ones you can get to the court. Then Parquet seats. Vision should be just fine at either level.

I would think you should be able to scalp for under $50 a ticket lower level like that. Scalpers are found right by the South steps to Hilton Coliseum, right at the bottom.

There should be a bigger athletic looking guy with short hair. He should treat you right.

"Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    Arena tickets are the closest ones you can get to the court. Then Parquet seats. Vision should be just fine at either level.

I would think you should be able to scalp for under $50 a ticket lower level like that. Scalpers are found right by the South steps to Hilton Coliseum, right at the bottom.

There should be a bigger athletic looking guy with short hair. He should treat you right.
    Technically they're not called arena circle and parquet anymore. They're both considered lower level and then there's the balcony. Not that it matters to those of us who have been attending games and other events there for many years.