Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Upcoming Big12 WBB

With the conference schedule starting, now we get see just how good each team is. Oklahoma and Baylor look to be the two top teams and Kansas and Colorado look to be on the bottom. The other eight teams are tougher to predict (this includes ISU, though I am very optimistic). There are three games this week that will start to give indications of how things may shake out.

IMO, those games to watch are:
    Wednesday
    Nebraska @ Texas
    Saturday
    TAMU @ K-State
    Iowa State @ Mizzou

Go Cyclones!

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Pierson and Wieben

This from the DMR site:

Iowa State will look for a physical presence from freshman center Rachel Pierson. Pierson averages 7.5 points as a part-time starter.

"She has to become more of that offensive force," Fennelly said. "The physical nature of this league becomes apparent early, and she's the only person we have who can do that."

I tend to think points-in-the-paint are more reliable through the season and I'm greatly encouraged that we seem to have good inside and outside games. I haven't seen any games in person. What are the differences between Pierson and Wieben? Wieben looks like she has been in the weight room. Is Pierson stronger/larger?

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 0

Re: Upcoming Big12 WBB

Fennelly was on Cotler this morning and it was a pretty good interview. He said that Weiben is a more finesse player that gets to the rim with agility and footwork, and Pierson has the ability to be more of a banger.

I got the impression that there was something holding the other girls back (Ross is too short, etc) to be a real physical force down low. They're really counting on Pierson through the Big 12 season.