Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    147
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    so I started the new year right...

    Hammered on Strongbow and talking smack to EIU fans... the conversation went something like this

    me: HOOK EM HORNS!
    EIU fan turns around
    me: DREW TATE FOR HEISMAN!
    EIU fan: who do you cheer for
    i point to my ISU shirt
    EIU fan's buddy: oh yeah, what have you got??
    me: well, we dont have the state's highest paid employee's son living in subsidized housing
    EIU fan's buddy: "oh yeah, what have you got??"
    (this went on for 8 times before i finally said "you know what, you're right, we've got nothing")
    EIU fan: yeah, well good luck with chizik
    me: well, i'm glad we got the hottest coaching prospect in the nation, and not some overpaid dousche like ferentz
    EIU: ferentz is a great coach, what are you talking about?
    me: (sing-songy voice) one of the coaches is not like the other... Bob Stoops... Pete Caroll... KIRK FERENTZ.. which one has not won a national championship??
    EIU: yeah, well where'd ISU go this year?
    me: yeah, well where was ISU ranked pre-season??
    me: you know what ISU fans and Iowa fans have in common?
    EIU: not much
    me: neither went to the university of iowa (thanks to whoever posted that on this board, it's the greatest one ever!)
    EIU: well i did
    me: oh really?? what did you major in??
    EIU: well... uh... ummmmm
    me: you didnt go to the university of iowa, in fact im willing to bet that you dropped out of kirkwood
    EIU: well.. uh... ummmm...F--K YOU!
    me: you know what, i can think of a million better ways to ring in the new year than talking to a complete moron... good luck with your new career in the recycling business...

    at this point i walked to the bar and got another drink, because i really needed one :)



  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 10,298, Level: 30
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    PlymouthCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hinton
    Posts
    527
    Points
    10,298
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    I'm suprised he didn't say Jake Christensen for Heisman.


    Last edited by PlymouthCy; 01-02-2007 at 04:01 PM.
    "If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 30,435, Level: 53
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tube1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,017
    Points
    30,435
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 12

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthCy View Post
    I'm suprised he didn't say Jake Christensenfor Heisman.
    That's for the pukeyes next season.



  4. #4
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Quote Originally Posted by jtwilson View Post
    Hammered on Strongbow and talking smack to EIU fans... the conversation went something like this

    me: HOOK EM HORNS!
    EIU fan turns around
    me: DREW TATE FOR HEISMAN!
    EIU fan: who do you cheer for
    i point to my ISU shirt
    EIU fan's buddy: oh yeah, what have you got??
    me: well, we dont have the state's highest paid employee's son living in subsidized housing
    EIU fan's buddy: "oh yeah, what have you got??"
    (this went on for 8 times before i finally said "you know what, you're right, we've got nothing")
    EIU fan: yeah, well good luck with chizik
    me: well, i'm glad we got the hottest coaching prospect in the nation, and not some overpaid dousche like ferentz
    EIU: ferentz is a great coach, what are you talking about?
    me: (sing-songy voice) one of the coaches is not like the other... Bob Stoops... Pete Caroll... KIRK FERENTZ.. which one has not won a national championship??
    EIU: yeah, well where'd ISU go this year?
    me: yeah, well where was ISU ranked pre-season??
    me: you know what ISU fans and Iowa fans have in common?
    EIU: not much
    me: neither went to the university of iowa (thanks to whoever posted that on this board, it's the greatest one ever!)
    EIU: well i did
    me: oh really?? what did you major in??
    EIU: well... uh... ummmmm
    me: you didnt go to the university of iowa, in fact im willing to bet that you dropped out of kirkwood
    EIU: well.. uh... ummmm...F--K YOU!
    me: you know what, i can think of a million better ways to ring in the new year than talking to a complete moron... good luck with your new career in the recycling business...

    at this point i walked to the bar and got another drink, because i really needed one :)
    I guess I don't understand this.

    We were supposed to win the North this year, or at the very least compete for it. We obviously did neither.

    As far as most Iowa fans not actually attending the U of I...who cares? Their booster $$ spends just as good as anyone elses, right? Them following the Hawks to their bowl destinations helps to get them to prestigious bowls, even when undeserving.

    The fact that you have to have attended ISU to give a rip about them is more of an indictment on our programs than a badge of honor in opinion. I know I'll get ripped for this, but I just don't get why it matters.

    If the above conversation truly happened, you're a pretty poor representative of ISU fans as it appears to hammer home the little brother thing they love to throw in our face.


    A three legged dog walks into a bar and says, "I'm lookin' for the man who shot my paw."

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 51,178, Level: 70
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dbronco7sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    1,927
    Points
    51,178
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    its funny to see your title for this post:

    "so I started the new year right"

    because I ended the old year wrong and rolled my car on the way to Minnesota from the mens basketball game



  6. #6
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Also, keep in mind that our friends to the East once had the hottest, young coaching prospect in basketball and it's not working out too great for them right now. It looks good on paper, but that's it.

    Just so I have this straight, you bait the Hawk fan into an argument, then you stop it because you "can think of a million better ways to ring in the new year than talking to a complete moron..."

    You then tell him "good luck with your new career in the recycling business..." What does this mean? Am I missing it?


    A three legged dog walks into a bar and says, "I'm lookin' for the man who shot my paw."

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 20,710, Level: 43
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,345
    Points
    20,710
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Have to agree with Clone2 on this one...not exactly a sterling example of Iowa State fans/grads.



  8. #8
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    182
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONE2THEBONE View Post
    Also, keep in mind that our friends to the East once had the hottest, young coaching prospect in basketball and it's not working out too great for them right now. It looks good on paper, but that's it.

    Just so I have this straight, you bait the Hawk fan into an argument, then you stop it because you "can think of a million better ways to ring in the new year than talking to a complete moron..."

    You then tell him "good luck with your new career in the recycling business..." What does this mean? Am I missing it?
    Agreed. Not sure what you are trying to prove with this. All you do is stoop to the level that most Cyclone fans hate about Hawk fans. Please don't do that. It looks bad for all of us



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 25,321, Level: 48
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    j4state's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    988
    Points
    25,321
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 9

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Nice call on the Kirkwood statement. There are so many Kirkwood students that claim they go to Iowa to sound cool. Especially the ones that attend the Iowa City campus. Many of them WENT to Iowa but couldn't hack it, then went to Kegwood. Douchebags.

    We got into it with a handful of those type at the football game this year. They were starting a fight with us for doing ISU chants and kept saying "Do you know where you are??!!" My buddy just resonded with, "If you were students here you would be in the student section, not sitting by the visiting section, so shut the F up and go back to your community college."



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 38,900, Level: 60
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,398
    Points
    38,900
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 55

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    CLONE2THEBONE=HAWK IN DISGUISE today

    this is uncommon of you...i want old CLONE2THE BONE back...he was cool



  11. #11
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Quote Originally Posted by dinger7203 View Post
    CLONE2THEBONE=HAWK IN DISGUISE today

    this is uncommon of you...i want old CLONE2THE BONE back...he was cool
    I just find the whole thing ridiculous. Who cares where they went to school? Who is your favorite NFL team? Do you live there? If not, you're a tool.

    Who cares if someone went to community college instead of one of the state universities. If we're such an elitist bunch, let's just sell football tickets to students and alumni only. Forget the Des Moines crowd who come to games or became fans due to their proximity to Ames.

    I guarantee you that Pollard wants more than just ISU graduates as fans. We can't afford to have it any other way. Notre Dame seems to do ok for itself with a 99% non-alumni fan base.

    If you think yourself a better fan of a team because you went to school there, you're just wrong. I assume the person who started this thread goes to ISU. I don't think he represents the fanbase or school as well as someone who graduated from Grandview, but likes the Cyclones for what he believes our coaches and players stand for and represent. I would take it as a huge compliment for our program if someone from Colorado became an ISU fan because they liked watching Seneca or Troy when they were growing up.


    A three legged dog walks into a bar and says, "I'm lookin' for the man who shot my paw."

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 337,166, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,907
    Points
    337,166
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 213

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONE2THEBONE View Post
    I just find the whole thing ridiculous. Who cares where they went to school? Who is your favorite NFL team? Do you live there? If not, you're a tool.

    Who cares if someone went to community college instead of one of the state universities. If we're such an elitist bunch, let's just sell football tickets to students and alumni only. Forget the Des Moines crowd who come to games or became fans due to their proximity to Ames.

    I guarantee you that Pollard wants more than just ISU graduates as fans. We can't afford to have it any other way. Notre Dame seems to do ok for itself with a 99% non-alumni fan base.

    If you think yourself a better fan of a team because you went to school there, you're just wrong. I assume the person who started this thread goes to ISU. I don't think he represents the fanbase or school as well as someone who graduated from Grandview, but likes the Cyclones for what he believes our coaches and players stand for and represent. I would take it as a huge compliment for our program if someone from Colorado became an ISU fan because they liked watching Seneca or Troy when they were growing up.
    Bravo!

    When I originally saw this thread - I shook my head in shame. That crap is the type of stuff ISU fans cite when explaining why they hate Iowa fans. I just left it alone.

    I couldn't have responded to this any better.


    Last edited by ISUFan22; 01-02-2007 at 07:54 PM.

  13. #13
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    amyk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,145
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    ISUFan22 and Clone2theBone...I tend to agree with you. These little ******* matches don't make much sense.

    [quote=jtwilson;64508]Hammered on Strongbow and talking smack to EIU fans... [quote]


    I do like Strongbow though. Good choice.


    **Not every life is perfect, but every life is precious. Support Rescue.**
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/nebraskabostonterrierrescue.html

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,077, Level: 79
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,933
    Points
    65,077
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 100

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    Oh CLONE2THEBONE you have made Den mother 22 very proud in putting down the "crap" he doesn't like to read. Congrats to you...ha ha

    Personally I don't think it matters whether you go to school somewhere or not. A Hawk fan is a Hawk fan no matter where took his arrogant self to school. And CLONE2THEBONE, you make some good points in your argument, but I still like to make fun of EIU whiny fans whenever I get the chance.......Kudo's



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 352,572, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,868
    Points
    352,572
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 2

    Re: so I started the new year right...

    You guys might be getting me to come around about the whole "true fan" concept, and your opinion about it being OK to root for a team even if you aren't an alumnus. However how is this analogy:

    My favorite car is a Lexus. I don't own a Lexus, but really like them when I see them around or see them on TV. I'm sure that if I owned one I would know much more about it, have a feel of its smooth ride, etc. Aren't I more of an aficionado of something if I actually experience the product wholly, as opposed to casually?

    It is becoming more clear to me that I have the most problem with the people (analogically speaking...is that a word?) who would constantly say things like "I have a BMW that's so much better...your Lexus sucks!" and "My Beemer has this special Drew Tate package that will win all the automotive awards this year, along with Car of the Year every year after that."

    OK, feel free to discuss my half-sarcastic, goofy analogy. Seriously, I am still forming an opinion on this issue!


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM