Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 0

A-Team Program Analogy

So hereís what Iím thinking Ė a small group of soldiers (our coaching staff) is incorrectly framed for a crime they did not commit (the fall of ISU MBB) and are struggling to clear their names by performing a series of good deeds (winning some games). Every week is a new challenge and they only have limited resources at their disposal (the players).

Clearly, McDermott is Hannibal. Cool, calm, witty, leader of the group. He is obviously lacking in black leather gloves and cigars but that is generally not accepted dress on the sideline.

I also think Otzelberger is a clear choice for Face. He has to handle a lot of their transportation and logistics (recruiting) and he is responsible for running game on some ladies when it is warranted (recruits).

Hereís where it gets interesting Ė could go for the obvious choice of Robinson as BA Barakus, but that would be too easy. I consider Rutter to be more gruff, plus, I would love to see him with a beard, Mohawk, and feather earring.

That leaves Robinson as Murdoch, which could fit because his recruiting ties to Chicago dropped the preverbal bomb (Murdochís specialty) on Cyclone Nation with the securing of Colvin.

Of course, there are enemies tracking them all the time (negative loser message board posters like BryceC), but fortunately their repeated machine gun fire (posts) rarely even come close to hitting their target. This allows the A-Team (staff) to continue their fight for justice and the effort to rebuild their reputation.

We could have done Dallas as well with us waking from a dream to find the last few years didnít happen, that could work too.

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,106
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 91

Re: A-Team Program Analogy

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    We could have done Dallas as well with us waking from a dream to find the last few years didnít happen, that could work too.
    Greg McDermott to team: "I just had a horrible dream that we were in an episode of Family Guy."

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

I'm sorry, Mac isn't Hannibal Smith ... this whole analogy is killing me. Its the freaking A-Team, have some respect man.

Legend
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 354

small group of soldiers (our coaching staff) is incorrectly framed for a crime they did not commit (the fall of ISU MBB)
    If it's not there fault then who's fault is it? Also I like the A-Team so good try with that one. Unfortunetly most of the posters on here were to young to remember the A-Team.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    If it's not there fault then who's fault is it? Also I like the A-Team so good try with that one. Unfortunetly most of the posters on here were to young to remember the A-Team.
    I'm just joking for the most part. I'm just loving all of the analogy threads. I think they are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    I'm sorry, Mac isn't Hannibal Smith ... this whole analogy is killing me. Its the freaking A-Team, have some respect man.
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I know you just don't joke about some things. What was I thinking. Honestly I didn't learn everything important in life in kindergarten - I learned it before that from the A-Team.

Heck all of my interactions with the ladies have been an amalgam of Maverick from Top Gun and Face. Unfortunately I look more like Goose than Slider from the homoerotic beach volleyball scene.

Last edited by BryceC; 01-29-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Wait... who's Clubber Lang?