Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 9,734, Level: 29
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    166
    Points
    9,734
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Kg, CIMD and others in the know, can you provide an update on our 2010 and 2011 recruiting? If it has to be off the record, please feel free to send me a PM.

    Barnes is a bright young man. If he is truly planning on playing more than one year (we can all speculate, but only he and maybe his mom/girlfriend really know), then he will not only be looking at the classes before and with him, but also those classes after him.

    So, have we had any new progress with the class of 2011? In particular, is there any update/insight on our recruitment of Mike Shaw? How did his visit go? What are our chances? I think the combination of Shaw and Staten could easily end up being the best recruiting class ISU has ever had, EVEN IF we sign Barnes.

    Also, how is our recruitment of Ejim going? I assume the Brackins connection is very helpful, but HOW tight are our ties with him? Are they strong enough he would actually wait for Barnes to make his decision? If not, are we really going to risk losing him by keeping our offer conditional?

    Don't get me wrong, I want Barnes as much as anyone else (probably don't even need to limit to Cyclone Fans). However, I think we need to sign Ejim (and Kelm) if they are willing and just "figure something out" if Barnes later commits. I know, I know, we don't have enough scholarships.

    Thanks in advance for your insight.

    BTW, I apologize to the disgruntled fans for daring to talk about potentially positive matters within the program. I'll make a deal with you (and yes, I only fist bump like Howie), if we still are in the bottom third (I'd probably even go as far as half) of the Big 12 after the 2011-12 season, you can have McD's head (hopefully only figuratively though).



  2. #2
    Walk On
    Points: 8,704, Level: 27
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    183
    Points
    8,704
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Hope some kids don;t mind going to a losing prgram.........

    Quote Originally Posted by IP Guy View Post
    Kg, CIMD and others in the know, can you provide an update on our 2010 and 2011 recruiting? If it has to be off the record, please feel free to send me a PM.

    Barnes is a bright young man. If he is truly planning on playing more than one year (we can all speculate, but only he and maybe his mom/girlfriend really know), then he will not only be looking at the classes before and with him, but also those classes after him.

    So, have we had any new progress with the class of 2011? In particular, is there any update/insight on our recruitment of Mike Shaw? How did his visit go? What are our chances? I think the combination of Shaw and Staten could easily end up being the best recruiting class ISU has ever had, EVEN IF we sign Barnes.

    Also, how is our recruitment of Ejim going? I assume the Brackins connection is very helpful, but HOW tight are our ties with him? Are they strong enough he would actually wait for Barnes to make his decision? If not, are we really going to risk losing him by keeping our offer conditional?

    Don't get me wrong, I want Barnes as much as anyone else (probably don't even need to limit to Cyclone Fans). However, I think we need to sign Ejim (and Kelm) if they are willing and just "figure something out" if Barnes later commits. I know, I know, we don't have enough scholarships.

    Thanks in advance for your insight.

    BTW, I apologize to the disgruntled fans for daring to talk about potentially positive matters within the program. I'll make a deal with you (and yes, I only fist bump like Howie), if we still are in the bottom third (I'd probably even go as far as half) of the Big 12 after the 2011-12 season, you can have McD's head (hopefully only figuratively though).



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,744, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,744
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by IP Guy View Post
    Kg, CIMD and others in the know, can you provide an update on our 2010 and 2011 recruiting? If it has to be off the record, please feel free to send me a PM.

    Barnes is a bright young man. If he is truly planning on playing more than one year (we can all speculate, but only he and maybe his mom/girlfriend really know), then he will not only be looking at the classes before and with him, but also those classes after him.

    So, have we had any new progress with the class of 2011? In particular, is there any update/insight on our recruitment of Mike Shaw? How did his visit go? What are our chances? I think the combination of Shaw and Staten could easily end up being the best recruiting class ISU has ever had, EVEN IF we sign Barnes.

    Also, how is our recruitment of Ejim going? I assume the Brackins connection is very helpful, but HOW tight are our ties with him? Are they strong enough he would actually wait for Barnes to make his decision? If not, are we really going to risk losing him by keeping our offer conditional?

    Don't get me wrong, I want Barnes as much as anyone else (probably don't even need to limit to Cyclone Fans). However, I think we need to sign Ejim (and Kelm) if they are willing and just "figure something out" if Barnes later commits. I know, I know, we don't have enough scholarships.

    Thanks in advance for your insight.

    BTW, I apologize to the disgruntled fans for daring to talk about potentially positive matters within the program. I'll make a deal with you (and yes, I only fist bump like Howie), if we still are in the bottom third (I'd probably even go as far as half) of the Big 12 after the 2011-12 season, you can have McD's head (hopefully only figuratively though).
    For any recruiting news you should definitely hit up Cyismydog...especially 2011 class...I tend to focus my energy on the games, during the season...After March, I will be more helpful on the recruiting end of things...Cyismydog, is always in recruiting mode.


    Last edited by kg-cyclone; 01-29-2009 at 03:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 180,529, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,930
    Points
    180,529
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 829

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by chengyushen View Post
    Hope some kids don;t mind going to a losing prgram.........
    Why? By the time they get here, it won't be a losing program.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 406,109, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,546
    Points
    406,109
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 526

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    The program will get better by 2011. It just has to....


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 180,529, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,930
    Points
    180,529
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 829

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    The program will get better by 2009-10.
    Fixed that for ya.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 258,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,071
    Points
    258,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 792
    Given: 691

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by chengyushen View Post
    Hope some kids don;t mind going to a losing prgram.........
    Many kids don't if they think they can help turn it around...and play ASAP.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,416, Level: 63
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,068
    Points
    42,416
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 29

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Staten and shaw wont make a top class because they arent in the same class. Shaw is 2011, staten is 2012



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,416, Level: 63
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,068
    Points
    42,416
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 29

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    And Ejim is really high on us right now.


    Melvin Ejim - Basketball Recruiting



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,416, Level: 63
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,068
    Points
    42,416
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 29

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Not sure if this has been on here but here is Ejim dunking.


    Melvin Ejim Dunking Video by Luce. - MySpace Video



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 31,651, Level: 54
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    goldmember's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,435
    Points
    31,651
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Final42b View Post
    Not sure if this has been on here but here is Ejim dunking.


    Melvin Ejim Dunking Video by Luce. - MySpace Video

    Nice Find. Just sign Barnes and Ejim both. We will find the extra ship.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 27,349, Level: 50
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cloned4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,541
    Points
    27,349
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Shaw and Ejim Update?

    This has probably been posted before, but here goes:

    "Melvin Ejim
    Arguably one of the most underrated forwards for the 2010 class is Melvin Ejim. At an athletic 6’6 and playing the wing with his talent laden AAU club (CIA Bounce Canada), his ability to play and cover multiple positions, run/finish on the break and knock down shots with great range demonstrates the amount of potential he has as he’s receiving interest from several schools (Xavier, Baylor, Wake Forest, New Mexico, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Oakland, Wisconsin-Green Bay, Cornel, St. Bonaventure, Tulsa and Maryland). An All-Canada Basketball Camp top 20 selection and former Provincial Team member in 2007, Ejim demonstrates an excellent work ethic, commitment and drive that is motivating.

    Transferring from St. Mary’s Ryken (DC) to attend Brewster Academy this fall for his junior season will add great depth and versatility to this nationally ranked squad."

    Untitled Document

    Here's a link to the Brewster roster:
    Boys' Basketball



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM