Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Lets face, foreigners are wrong and soccer and OP SUCKS!

There is a reason why soccer is not called ‘football’ in America…soccer sucks. American football is far better and far superior than the world’s so-called most popular sport, which for some reason is also called ‘football.’ If this is confusing don’t worry about, Americans already have it figured out. American sports fans decided to call this ridiculous sport ‘soccer’ a long time ago, and gave the term 'football' to a far better, more appealing sport.

I am not writing this to offend anyone, or to attract more readers. The objective fact is that soccer is boring and it simply makes no sense. The goal is bigger than a two-car garage, but yet nothing happens for 90 minutes! Guys are running (and walking) all over this massive field, yet nothing ever happens. Soccer is the most actionless sport ever, how many other sports actually allow a 0-0 tie?

Most Americans view soccer as just a big game of keep away. Why the rest of the world continues to watch this sport is beyond comprehension. I will always fail to understand what makes soccer so great and so fun to watch. Soccer fans shout at me ‘you just don’t understand.’ I agree.

• I don’t understand how a sport can have an ‘offsides’ penalty when that is the only way a teams can have an offensive advantage.
    • I don’t understand why professional athletes can’t put a round ball in a goal the size of Rhode Island.
    • I don’t understand how anyone can get excited about one goal being scored during 86 minutes of play.
      I don’t understand why soccer players are so fragile. One minute they are being hauled off on a stretcher and ten minutes later the same guy is scoring a break-away goal!
    • I don’t understand how 100,000 fans can start a fire and riot after a 1-0 contest. Maybe they looked elsewhere to cure their boredom.
    • I don’t understand why David Beckham has to look like a girl.
    • I don’t understand how European soccer fans in the year 2008 can yell racial slurs to black athletes. It is also horrible to see FIFA not do a damn thing about it.

Ask me why I love American football, baseball, basketball or even hockey and I could go on and on about how each position in each sport requires a combination of athleticism, violence, speed and skill and each has the ability change the momentum of the contest or determine the outcome of the game.

Also, professional sports in America are paced well and have a nice flow with breaks in the action that allow the game to be analyzed by fans and broadcasters.

Soccer has none of this.

Die-hard soccer fans argue that soccer is the ‘world’s greatest game’ or that in every other country but America it is the most popular sport. Just because everyone else is doing something, don’t make it right. Heck, the Chinese are still using chop-sticks!

Other countries don’t have any other choice. Other than rugby and cricket, what else is there for professional sports outside the United States? Badminton? Handball? Curling? Camel Races?

America pretty much leads the world in entertainment and when America says something is boring then we are probably on to something. Baywatch reruns can be found in almost every household around the world. We know how to entertain and we know sports. That's why our sports entertain so many and soccer doesn't entertain anyone.

If you’re into soccer, kick yourself silly. Just don’t expect us to join you kicking and screaming with joy. Sorry soccer fans, your ‘football’ sucks.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 16

Re: Lets face, foreigners are wrong and soccer SUCKS!

Wow, can't wait for more of your enlightening and insightful posts

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rondembo2 View Post
    Ask me why I love American football, baseball, basketball or even hockey and I could go on and on about how each position in each sport requires a combination of athleticism, violence, speed and skill and each has the ability change the momentum of the contest or determine the outcome of the game.
    I don't like soccer much, but if you believe that, you're ridiculously nieve. Zidane anyone?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 367

Considering almost 6 billion people in this world love soccer, while a mere 300 million Americans hate it leads me to believe that there's something wrong with us Americans and not the rest of the world...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

what's it like wasting your time so you can complain about other people's opinions.

there are so many things that you say that are wrong in your argument that im not gonna give u the time of day.

Addict
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 693

I like soccer actually, I prefer american football greatly, but i enjoy soccer. It just depends on your interest. I find it interesting. GO ARSENAL!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

im sorry i have to post twice...

you are an idiot. all of your "i dont understand's" are very understandable for someone with a brain. got i hate people like you. Alot of Americans love soccer. I LOOOOVE IT. I am going to spain this summer for a game, and i honestly think it has the potential to be one of the greatest experiences of my life.

you can have your own opinion, i dont think anyone has a problem with that, btu why are u here telling people that they are stupid for having the opposite feelings? you dont see me posting about how awesome soccer is and how dumb everyone is who isnt watching it.

Go drink some more, or do whatever it is that made you waste your time with that last post.

Oh, and i suppose i will throw in my fan-hood here.... VAMOS BARCELONA!!!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

I ruled the badminton courts in high school PE. Please leave badminton out of this. Badminton did nothing to you.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

No where in your rambling incoherent post did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Aren't you the same guy who posted that there is only 12 minutes of action in an NFL game?

I would imagine there is quite a bit of action in a soccer game.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by superdorf View Post
    I would imagine there is quite a bit of action in a soccer game.
    They play soccer in the Metrodome?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 396

I would rather watch soccer than baseball. Granted, I'd rather take a nap than do either.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyman1189 View Post
    im sorry i have to post twice...

you are an idiot. all of your "i dont understand's" are very understandable for someone with a brain. got i hate people like you. Alot of Americans love soccer. I LOOOOVE IT. I am going to spain this summer for a game, and i honestly think it has the potential to be one of the greatest experiences of my life.

you can have your own opinion, i dont think anyone has a problem with that, btu why are u here telling people that they are stupid for having the opposite feelings? you dont see me posting about how awesome soccer is and how dumb everyone is who isnt watching it.

Go drink some more, or do whatever it is that made you waste your time with that last post.

Oh, and i suppose i will throw in my fan-hood here.... VAMOS BARCELONA!!!
    ive been to old trafford in manchester and the bernebeu in madrid and it will definitely be a special experience going to the camp nou(assuming this based on your barcelona alliance). it's quite humorous to see posts like the first one and realize just how dumb some people are, but hey thats what the first amendment guarantees, the right to free idiocy

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 2

Yes soccer can be very boring. I played it for 13 years and it was some of the best times I have had in anything that I have done in my life. It is also one of the physically best sports in the world. American soccer has some downfalls compared to foreign football but that will come with time I hope, there is a reason it is called the beautiful game and it truly is when played correctly. There have been other threads on this subject so look at those.

If you are going to continue complaining about it either stop going/watching them or just stop b****ing about it so the rest of us can enjoy it.

I am sorry that some of you like arsenal and real madrid, god will forgive you. GO MANCHESTER!!! MANU ROCKS!!!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bigredqb7 View Post
    ive been to old trafford in manchester and the bernebeu in madrid and it will definitely be a special experience going to the camp nou(assuming this based on your barcelona alliance). it's quite humorous to see posts like the first one and realize just how dumb some people are, but hey thats what the first amendment guarantees, the right to free idiocy
    Yea im going for a friend's wedding that lives in Spain. He lives in Valencia and therefore hates Barcelona, so I bet i will be attending a Valencia game. But who wouldnt want to see David Villa? (as long as he is still there when i go) But Valencia has a new stadium (either in the works or it might be done) so I'm pretty pumped. it'll be my first trip out of USA, so soccer or no soccer... i will have plenty of fun