Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

KU Fans

Anyone have any wonderful experiences/impressions of KpUke fans from yesterday that they want to share? I know I was ready to punch every last one of the group at the top of section 209 by the time the game was over. They didn't shut up the whole game, except for those couple minutes when we had come back to get within six in the second half. Between yelling crap about how "lame" Hilton is compared to their stupid overgrown barn, to one of them running a victory lap around the upper concourse after Flag Guy II was done, they reminded me that they are the most arrogant ****** this side of Nebraska. That is why I could never root for them in the NC game last year, despite them being a BigXII team.

I woke up this morning and felt that my blood pressure was too low, so I just had to remember the chants of Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KKKKKKKKpUUUUUUUKe. If anyone else has anything they'd like to share, I'm sure it would help bring my blood pressure back up to normal. Thanks.

Starter
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 18

Re: KU Fans

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    Anyone have any wonderful experiences/impressions of KpUke fans from yesterday that they want to share? I know I was ready to punch every last one of the group at the top of section 209 by the time the game was over. They didn't shut up the whole game, except for those couple minutes when we had come back to get within six in the second half. Between yelling crap about how "lame" Hilton is compared to their stupid overgrown barn, to one of them running a victory lap around the upper concourse after Flag Guy II was done, they reminded me that they are the most arrogant ****** this side of Nebraska. That is why I could never root for them in the NC game last year, despite them being a BigXII team.

I woke up this morning and felt that my blood pressure was too low, so I just had to remember the chants of Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KKKKKKKKpUUUUUUUKe. If anyone else has anything they'd like to share, I'm sure it would help bring my blood pressure back up to normal. Thanks.
    I wanted to trip that dip **** running around the top of Hilton. I had a chance but chickened out.....where were the bold people?

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I hit one with my car yesterday if that eases your pain.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 1,305

Had some nice banter with a few of them in the bathroom during halftime.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,303
    Given: 263

Quote Originally Posted by RoseClone View Post
    I wanted to trip that dip **** running around the top of Hilton. I had a chance but chickened out.....where were the bold people?
    Kudos to the little kid at half court who stepped in front of him! Someone should of jumped him!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

They didn't shut up the whole game,
    I'm guessing this is how Nebraska felt in '08 when Cyclone Alley went there, as well as Missouri last weekend when we in in Columbia, as well as the women at Iowa a couple months back...

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 1,305

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    I'm guessing this is how Nebraska felt in '08 when Cyclone Alley went there, as well as Missouri last weekend when we in in Columbia, as well as the women at Iowa a couple months back...
    At least we were loud, they were only heard during our freethrows. We were heard throughout the game.

Walk On
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I did see two girls bring alcohol in, undetected, but I was mostly impressed that they got away with it!

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 9

Yes i was in the upper deck and i saw and heard them doing their KKKKKKKUUUUUU idiotic chant. and i also made the comment that i wanted to trip that clown running around the upper deck...... I always have hated Kansas and i does not pain me one bit to kick the living _____ (fill with your favorite phrase) out of their teams.... Basketball and Football alike. I hope we destroy them next year or even this year even, though unlikely.... they are my least fav team in the XII next to Nebraska and Texas of course. Not to mention i hate their fans as well

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 28

The victory lap was uncalled for and completely classless but otherwise they were cheering for their team like fans are supposed to. At least in my section it was tolerable.

Legend
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 796

Do yo really think ISU fans are much different when winning at game at their place (I know that's been sometime, but I'm sure we were about the same)?

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Glad you posted this. I was in section 206 yesterday and noticed their behavior as well. I have always thought that when you go on the road as a fan you cheer your own team but are pretty much silent when it comes to the other team. The KU fan running around the concourse really has no idea of how disrespectful that was.

I have met a large number of KU fans at work. They have always been very knowledgeable and respectful towards ISU. I was really put out by these folks yesterday though, glad to see I wasn't the only one.

URBCLONE

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

I didn't see the victory lap guy until after he had passed me. I would have loved to said something like "you aren't rated number 1 this time so put the finger down" or something. I didn't mind the fans that were there, they have a right to be there and cheer for their team just like we do when we go somewhere. The rock chalk chant has to be one of the most annoying things ever though. I just want to win every game against them just so we don't have to hear that stupid thing.

Go Cubs Go!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

I went on the two roadtrips this year and was extremely arrogant. It comes with the territory. I hate KU and Iowa, don't care for Mizzou, and I think if I went to Phogg Allen I would be even more arrogant than th KU fans were at Hilton. I would probably slam their arena for being an old piece of crap and various other things. The real problem is that no one stood up to them during the game. Hilton needs to be a place where opposing teams AND FANS are scared to come. I'm not sure how afraid fans were back in the "good ole days" but I think it all comes with the territory. Instead of complaining on Cyclone Fanatic, lets use our energy to override those KU Fans. The Cyclone Fans at the game on Saturday did that for the most part, but the people of 209 should have stood up in front of them, mocked their chants, overrode their chants, etc., etc., etc.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    Do yo really think ISU fans are much different when winning at game at their place (I know that's been sometime, but I'm sure we were about the same)?
    I'm sure that some ISU fans (including some that have posted here) would be just as bad as the KU fans if the situation were reversed. Personally, I am not an arrogant *****, so when I follow ISU on the road, I cheer for ISU and remain silent about the other team, even if it's a hated rival. I guess that's just how I choose to represent ISU.