Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 9

Stepping up and impressed

Even though todays game was exciting at times and stunk at others i thought some players stepped up that you might not see that production out of.

Vanderbeken looked good out there.... he was playin center against Aldrich and was playing he pretty darn tough.

Boozer was playing great defence which sparked our turn around when we got down big in the second half. I hope to see more Boozer time out there...

Whats your guys thoughts on other peoples play besides the usuals: Brackins/Staiger/Diante

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Stepping up and impressed

I'm not sold on Boozer. I like his aggressiveness but he's a liability on the offensive end of the floor. But is that much different than our other guards?

I'd love to see Eik get more playing time. Not sure if he's capable in the Big 12 yet though.

I'd also like to see Hamilton get more minutes as well. I think he's really capable and he looked great on a few series tonight.

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Pro
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ham is getting better and better. i think with a year off and time to get bulked up he will be a legit XII center and that is exactly what we need to free up our 3 point shooters.

I honestly think Eik needs to do the same. what is he 170 lbs???? too thin and will get thrown aroud to easily with the strong, and bulky XII conference

But the bench play from Boozer was big considering we werent playing defence what so ever and having him on a heavy shooter rotation i think would be a great fit.

Also not too metion on todays game i liked how we really shut down Aldrich in the late second half by double teaming him when he got the ball....good call coach, despite the loss

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    ham is getting better and better. i think with a year off and time to get bulked up he will be a legit XII center and that is exactly what we need to free up our 3 point shooters.

I honestly think Eik needs to do the same. what is he 170 lbs???? too thin and will get thrown aroud to easily with the strong, and bulky XII conference

But the bench play from Boozer was big considering we werent playing defence what so ever and having him on a heavy shooter rotation i think would be a great fit.

Also not too metion on todays game i liked how we really shut down Aldrich in the late second half by double teaming him when he got the ball....good call coach, despite the loss
    Agree with all of this. Eikmeier needs to pack on the pounds...Hamilton needs to share some PB&J with him (funny story...JHam busted one of those out in class Friday). Boozer is the one guard we have that has the body to be a Big XII guard. In addition to shutting down Aldrich, Sherron Collins was next to non-existent in the second half. Excellent job by Haluska and Petey in the second half (we won't discuss the first half).

Speechless
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 420

Quote Originally Posted by CTAClone View Post
    I'd love to see Eik get more playing time.
    Based on what? The last few times I've seen him play I didn't think it went well.

Pro
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    Based on what? The last few times I've seen him play I didn't think it went well.
    I'd like to see Eik get more playing time as well but i would like to see him in the weight room first or he better be one heck of a shot otherwise he will not be very effective for us and give up too much on him

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 303

Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    Even though todays game was exciting at times and stunk at others i thought some players stepped up that you might not see that production out of.

Vanderbeken looked good out there.... he was playin center against Aldrich and was playing he pretty darn tough.

Boozer was playing great defense which sparked our turn around when we got down big in the second half. I hope to see more Boozer time out there...

Whats your guys thoughts on other peoples play besides the usuals: Brackins/Staiger/Diante

Staiger needs help from picks. We do not set picks yet.

DG does not have a good shot form and changes uit with every shot.

Brackins hot his freethrows. Had a Palmdale recruit in the stands? Needs more college before he goes pro. CB is revbounding this year.

SH played defense like a senior. Needs more playing time.

Boozer needs more minutes to get better.

Cam Lee set the all time NCAA record by fouling out in two minutes.

BP cannot fight around picks. Too small and too weak.

AT is becoming less noticeable.

Eik did not play?

VB has a nice shot. Too bad the shot did not fall more often. Might have shot too quickly.

We need another rebounder inside besides CB when we shoot forty threes. Lucca?

DG fell down three times and was stripped searched. He had no help.

I saw a lot of Cyclones standing around with little movement. I am not sure why. They should have been doing more for the crowd and playing national champs.

Play people for next year. The NIT is over. The upcoming schedule in next six games will seal our faith unless three or four more players become better starting tomorrow. We need top progress more as a team. Our offense totally looked lost on the floor. Who is our OC?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 196

I'm waiting for the day Hamilton realizes he can do some serious damage down low.... because that is going to be an amazing day.

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 36

This game was a great example of GM's ability to coach - we had a lot of open shots that ours guys just did not knock down. Great effort by all the guys.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,618
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 19

Impressed would need to be a W to me, not losing for the 6th straight time to Kansas when they lost most of their National Championship team. The last time ISU beat KU was in Kansas in OT, great day for Stinson that day.

I am glad Brackins had the day he did, he is maturing some. Hopefully there will be some assistance for him in the future! Brackins will be here in two years (unless he transfers!) if he is not here he has gotten some bad advice or his game would have improved so much after next season there is nothing else for him to do.

Rookie
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 619
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    Impressed would need to be a W to me, not losing for the 6th straight time to Kansas when they lost most of their National Championship team. The last time ISU beat KU was in Kansas in OT, great day for Stinson that day.

I am glad Brackins had the day he did, he is maturing some. Hopefully there will be some assistance for him in the future! Brackins will be here in two years (unless he transfers!) if he is not here he has gotten some bad advice or his game would have improved so much after next season there is nothing else for him to do.
    Seeing dollar signs is not necessarily bad advice. The guy has to do what is best for him and his family. People did not fault Stinson or Blallock when they decided to head to the NBA. That being said I hope he sticks around at least one more year.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Boozer's situation is interesting. He got very few minutes early in the season because his defense was not very good (to put it kindly). He loved to take lots of shots on offense, but he rested on the other end of the floor.

But the light came on about a month ago and he figured out that the only way to get any minutes is to bust his rear on the defensive end. Now that he's getting minutes, he hasn't really got into the flow of the game offensively. Once he hits a few shots, I think he will become much more confident and really get into the flow of the game.

I really like Charles and I'm hoping he continues to see more minutes.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102

Quote Originally Posted by khess83 View Post
    Seeing dollar signs is not necessarily bad advice. The guy has to do what is best for him and his family. People did not fault Stinson or Blallock when they decided to head to the NBA. That being said I hope he sticks around at least one more year.
    I'm guessing you didn't post here when they announced.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cloneaholic View Post
    Boozer's situation is interesting. He got very few minutes early in the season because his defense was not very good (to put it kindly). He loved to take lots of shots on offense, but he rested on the other end of the floor.

But the light came on about a month ago and he figured out that the only way to get any minutes is to bust his rear on the defensive end. Now that he's getting minutes, he hasn't really got into the flow of the game offensively. Once he hits a few shots, I think he will become much more confident and really get into the flow of the game.

I really like Charles and I'm hoping he continues to see more minutes.
    I might be mistaken, but wasn't there a time late in the second half where we had clawed back to within six and Boozer shot a 3 that almost went in but bounced out? Again, I could be mistaken but I'm thinking we had two missed 3's once we were within six and I know one was Lucca. Either one of those 3's would have been HUGE and it would've been a whole different ballgame at that point. What might've been.

I'm a little worried right now that we've had two very off shooting games in a row now (except for Brackins of course). What are the chances that we can turn that around at Colorado? If we can have a hot shooting night there, we'll have a good shot. I'm a little worried about the quick turnaround for Brackins after carrying the whole team on his shoulders yesterday and playing in high altitude three days later. Hopefully Big Ham can fuel up on the PBJ's and have a big night.

Sorry, I haven't been on CF since the game yesterday and am playing catch-up.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

boozer impressed me with the one play where he went and jumped between two KU players who were rebounded it and knocked towards out of bounds and the KU player touched it and we got the ball back

(sorry i cant explain it better than that)

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
    Henry Ford