Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 0

I Hope

The players can take the positives away from this game. It was an off day, and I was concerned about that since this was easily the biggest crowd of the year. Honestly looking at the schedule our next four are going to be tough and we'll probably only be favored in 2 or 3 games the rest of the season. I desperately hope the team does not fall to 1-7 or 2-6 going into the home CU game. I think even the hardcore folks will be struggling to stay on board if that happens.

I think if they give this kind of effort they can win some more games this year. If they start hanging their heads it could get really ugly. I hope they know that even though some of us are critical we really want them to succeed and we are proud of them when they put forth their best effort.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 57

Re: I Hope

Agree! What would you expect when you cant hit any shots against a fairly good team and they hit 50%, we especially will not win to often with those stats! Otherwise we need someone to step up and help CB, we didnt look terrible I thought we couldnt hit the broad side of a barn while shooting

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    The players can take the positives away from this game. It was an off day, and I was concerned about that since this was easily the biggest crowd of the year. Honestly looking at the schedule our next four are going to be tough and we'll probably only be favored in 2 or 3 games the rest of the season. I desperately hope the team does not fall to 1-7 or 2-6 going into the home CU game. I think even the hardcore folks will be struggling to stay on board if that happens.

I think if they give this kind of effort they can win some more games this year. If they start hanging their heads it could get really ugly. I hope they know that even though some of us are critical we really want them to succeed and we are proud of them when they put forth their best effort.
    ^^^ What he said.

Legend
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by CYCRAZY View Post
    Agree! What would you expect when you cant hit any shots against a fairly good team and they hit 50%, we especially will not win to often with those stats! Otherwise we need someone to step up and help CB, we didnt look terrible I thought we couldnt hit the broad side of a barn while shooting
    Unfortunately the problem wasn't missing shots, it was not getting good looks. We didn't make the KU defense work on our shooters and made it easy for them to shut us down...

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 870
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    Unfortunately the problem wasn't missing shots, it was not getting good looks. We didn't make the KU defense work on our shooters and made it easy for them to shut us down...
    Agreed...I'd like to say that if Jamie would've knocked down that open 3 from the top of the key, or if Lucca woulda hit a couple of his, things coulda been different....but then again, if Brackins wouldn't have played out of his mind-we coulda got killed...I also think KU played a good game today, and I think right now the gap in athleticism if big enough between us and them, that we're gonna have a REALLY hard time beating Texas, Kansas, or Oklahoma-if they play well...home or away.

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 50

Positive game for Ham and Jamie. They both have improved in my eyes. We still look puny/skinny and need some meat to hang with physical teams. Lucca had an off game but still had the shooter's mentality late in the game to put one up. I glad he at least got the last one to fall.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Seriously, sometimes I wonder what game people were watching. I've been hearing all night about Haluska not being able to guard Collins when he pretty much shut him down as soon as he got in the game.

As far as open looks go, Lucca, VB, Peterson and Thompson had numerous wide open looks they couldn't make. DG didn't even show up tonight which is becoming the norm. Boozer had one bad shot from the corner but otherwise played a solid game. We'd run set plays for Lucca so he could get a shot off and he'd miss. If you wanna ***** about how you don't like the offense then do so, but tonight wasn't an issue of not having open looks. It was an issue of not making the open looks.

Last edited by CTAClone; 01-25-2009 at 02:17 AM.
    "If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 229

The one thing our team needs to work on is setting screens correctly and using those screens when they are set correctly. Sullivan was great because he brushed shoulders on every screen he used which allowed him to get open. As of yet I have not seen Lucca utilize a screen the way he needs to. He needs to realize in order to get a good look against a team keying in on him he needs to brush shoulders and be ready to catch and shoot. I hope this will come to realization after today's game....

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by CTAClone View Post
    We'd run set plays for Lucca so he could get a shot off and he'd miss. If you wanna ***** about how you don't like the offense then do so, but tonight wasn't an issue of not having open looks. It was an issue of not making the open looks.
    and every time we ran a "set play" for Lucca he shot fading away with a man in his face. The only ones to get open looks were Brackins, JVB, and Hamilton, all from 15 ft plus... Maybe we have different opinions of what an "open look" is...

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

and every time we ran a "set play" for Lucca he shot fading away with a man in his face. The only ones to get open looks were Brackins, JVB, and Hamilton, all from 15 ft plus... Maybe we have different opinions of what an "open look" is...
    This is why I cautioned everyone last year when we were hearing all of these tall tales about how great both Eikmeier and Staiger were as shooters because of their ability to score very highly on some shooting drill McDermott has. The problem with the drill is that you have no one guarding you. Heck, I can still make a decent percentage with no one guarding me...my problem is that I would never be able to get open to get a shot off.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

lucca though never had a good shot because that morningstar ,or whatever his gay name was, was on him 100% of the time and if he did get a slightly open look KU would have a guy in his face

it was all part of self's plan and it worked and i though it was good that they did that because now lucca knows that people will write him into there gameplan and he need to work VERY hard to get open looks

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
    Henry Ford

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227

We didn't get a lot of great looks yesterday but we were even missing the ones that were open. Usually by a lot as well.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    We didn't get a lot of great looks yesterday but we were even missing the ones that were open. Usually by a lot as well.
    there was no excuse for some shots that went up and hit the backboard a foot away from the rim

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
    Henry Ford