Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 20

OOPs...

I've got a couple friends who are having surprise baby's this year. One has two children and now the third and they'll be 41. The other has three kids and are expecting their fourth and they're 44.

Number one, kids are a blessing any way you cut it. It's just a surprise for both of them and they had given away all their baby stuff and have to restock.

I didn't start having kids until my 30's but wanted to be done by 40, so I wasn't having to worry about where my highschooler was at night in my 60's... So far so good. Gosh I have highschool classmates who are already grandparents.

Any older parents out there have any insight on having kids later in life? I had one coworker that had a son at 50. On the other hand anybody out there who had kids really young, what are your thoughts?

Pro
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,363
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9

Re: OOPs...

I've never understood how people get pregnant on accident. I mean you have to have incredibly bad luck or you were really trying. Either your using protection or your not. I was done with my two kids by 29 and I couldn't imagine having baby's in my forty's. That would just be insane to me.

Rookie
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm 35, getting married in 2 months so Kid is going to be an issue right away because, I like you, don't want want to worry about teenagers out at night after I'm 60. That being said I had a guy who worked for me have a kid when he was 57. This was on top of his daughter who graduated UNLV the same year and his other daughter who was 5 at the time. Needless to say even though he loved all his kids he said his was timing was way off.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    I've never understood how people get pregnant on accident. I mean you have to have incredibly bad luck or you were really trying. Either your using protection or your not. I was done with my two kids by 29 and I couldn't imagine having baby's in my forty's. That would just be insane to me.
    You are correct. Me, 2 kids done by 28. And one little procedure at age 30 to make sure there is no #3.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

My son was unplanned, not unwanted, just unplanned. I don't get all this "we're trying to have a kid stuff", one time, bam, baby.

It's Bushbama!

2 time Chupacabra of Humor Award Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by joefrog
    I will admit, I am to blame in sometimes making mountains out of molehills.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 10

Snip Snip time.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 9

My wife did her best to convince me it will be FUN trying to get pregnant. Guess what....first time...whammo baby girl.

Prospect
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    I've got a couple friends who are having surprise baby's this year. One has two children and now the third and they'll be 41. The other has three kids and are expecting their fourth and they're 44.

Number one, kids are a blessing any way you cut it. It's just a surprise for both of them and they had given away all their baby stuff and have to restock.

I didn't start having kids until my 30's but wanted to be done by 40, so I wasn't having to worry about where my highschooler was at night in my 60's... So far so good. Gosh I have highschool classmates who are already grandparents.

Any older parents out there have any insight on having kids later in life? I had one coworker that had a son at 50. On the other hand anybody out there who had kids really young, what are your thoughts?
    Well I'm 50 and my wife's 39 and expecting in July. We have a 7 year old named Kael. She had a miscarriage about 3-4 years ago as we've had trouble getting pregnant. Not from lack of trying (thought I'd beat any smart remark:-) We've had our fun and for me I'm a lot better parent than I would have been in my 20's or even 30's. It works for us although I think my wife was a little surprised. If we had really thought about it we most likely would have taken steps so it could not have happened but we're fine with it. I only have an older brother and sister left and my wife only has her mother so for me its more about my son having family and someone for support when we're too old or gone. Its not about me anymore obviously. Kael will have some cousins but who knows how close they will be or if they'll be around.