Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 59

New Podcast

If you're really bored and have already watched the LOST premiere 12 times already...CW and I have a new podcast up.

We discuss the Kansas game among other less serious topics. Feel free and check it out.

WB Podcast

Twitter.com/brentblum

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: New Podcast

You guys have a great site there Brent, glad you brought it to my attention!!

It's especially nice to see you writing again, you do a bang-up job, I've missed that since the glory days of Cyclone Nation and your articles in the Iowa State Daily.

Good to see you and Chris still working together while your "basking" in the rays of the Florida sunshine. Do you plan on coming back to Iowa in the offseason?

Keep up the great work!!! Congrats on your new job also!!

"The Constituiton...is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please."- - -Thomas Jefferson, Sept. 6, 1819.

Brett Blume
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,136
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 59

Thanks! I appreciate it...I'm somewhat shocked anybody paid any attention to what I wrote back in my "younger days." Except for Greg Coleman who informed me he had read my stuff while I was interviewing him after the 2005 Mizzou game. He had read a terrible joke I wrote about him in the Daily and gave me the "You better be glad you're not an Iowa City cop look." That was a great feeling.

We're having a good time with the site...glad you checked it out. I'll try to get back to Iowa as much as possible...Disney has nothing on Living History Farms. Thanks again for the comments man!

Twitter.com/brentblum

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

I enjoyed listening to that. Good work guys. A couple notes:

- Mario Little, who you mentioned was injured and wouldn't play, will probably play 10-15 minutes, mostly at the 4 spot.
    - Ty Appleton, who you mentioned was a former ISU recruit, probably won't play unless KU is up by 20.

- KU, like was said, will have advantages at the PG and C spots, with Aldrich and Collins both being very good players, both former McDAAs.
    - I think calling the other guard spots a wash is fair. Peterson is a tough kid, a veteran and he'll probably be guarding Tyshawn Taylor, a kid that looks like a top 30 freshman in the country, but still young and prone to mistakes especially on the road. At the 3, Lucca has been good, but Brady Morningstar has been shutting down the opponent's best wing player consistently, doing even better against solely catch-and-shoot guys, like Lucca.
    - Also, like you guys said, Brackins should have an advantage over either Morris twin, who will rotate guarding CB.

- Something no one is talking about is KU's ability out of the gates this year. They are averaging a 10 point lead after 10 minutes, but have been unable to expand on that, also averaging a 10 point lead at halftime. If ISU can come out right away, punch KU in the mouth and make them show they are tough, and hang with the Hawks through the first two timeouts, it should be a close game 'til the end. I'm really looking forward to this game.