Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

Cyclone Fanatic Expectations

Quoted from 4-star recruit thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by WahlsClone View Post
    For those who choose not to pay for CR or CN, it's your choice. But your choice also means that you cannot expect to receive the info from CR or CN here. And any attempt to do so just puts Jeremy in a bad situation.
    Nobody here expects or tries to recieve premium information from CR and CN, but what we do expect is to be able to freely read what is posted here, discuss it with dignity, and not have to deal with the little hissy fits that seem to occur on a regular basis. It's getting to the point where these arguments are taking place so frequently, it's taking the fun out of reading the threads.

The purpose of this discussion board is for the spread of information and opinions of fellow Cyclone fans. As mentioned, more people than just Paul and Jeremy have sources. If someone learns something through a legitimate source, they should be allowed to share it with the rest of us without fearing the wrath of McCarthyism knocking at their door.

Now, let's talk about this 4-star rumored recruit. Does anybody know his name yet?

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 163

Re: Cyclone Fanatic Expectations

Bass is the recruit that recommitted.

Also, I agree with you that people need to relax when it comes to info on recruits. While other people may make a living on the subject, they aren't the only ones privileged to the information.

You made a good point, a lot of people have a lot of sources and it's not hard to find somebody that would know things before they get posted. There are a lot of people in the know and it only takes one to get the info out there. There is a lot of news and only a portion of it is either worthy of writing about or is printable based on what a source may have asked of us. I know a lot of things that would not be good news to post about but there are other people that may have the same info and glad to share it.

It all depends on who you know and what they know. Follow the below example...

A recruit calls ISU to make a verbal, the coach relays it to the staff and the staff puts it down on paper. The papers may need to be passed on for future uses or for the NCAA. The player may then give word to a reporter, family, friends or others.

As you can see, there are a lot of potential sources involved, not just a random recruiting reporter. It's a complicated web of information and sources and it's sometimes harder to figure out what dot to call than it is to get the actual info.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

If people choose to pay for that stuff, good for them; I choose not to. If you read info on a premium site and wish to spread it, just say some thing like "My buddy told me..." or "My buddy talked to someone who has inside info..."

My friend tells me whats up whenever there is something worthwhile on those boards; not enough worthwhile info for me to cough up the cash. Somehow I seem to find out about "Premium" info before my buddy tells me anyway.

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

I'm lucky in the fact that I'm 2nd cousins with Coach Chizik. So, if you people want PREMIUM info, just send me some cash.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

i think the problem most people have with it are the time-tables that the info shows up somewhere else, then here. i dont tend to see info like that "confirmed" here and then end up somewhere else. its a ligitimate concern but the premium sites can't do much about it and the moderators cant always control what is from sources or from other sites.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by billdo00 View Post
    i think the problem most people have with it are the time-tables that the info shows up somewhere else, then here. i dont tend to see info like that "confirmed" here and then end up somewhere else. its a ligitimate concern but the premium sites can't do much about it and the moderators cant always control what is from sources or from other sites.
    Agree. It's basically a message/gossip board. So, there are always people that want to be THE person who lets people in on stuff. It's the same way in any social setting whether it be work, or just a gathering of friends.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 750
    Given: 3,013

Quote Originally Posted by billdo00 View Post
    You've got a really good point here, billdo - there is no way for us to know what info is from where. For every source that someone on a so-called "rival" site has, someone here probably has either a similar or the exact SAME source, whether they post it or not. I would argue that there is info from Jeremy that has been posted here first (notably, Mac's resignation/firing, while NOBODY got the Chizik hiring right). I think a major reason for that is that Jeremy probably has some of the same or similar sources to others - there are how many employees of the athletic department, and then how many more members of the teams? Someone's roommate's sister told someone's brother something... and so on, and so on. This comes back to your post - there really isn't any way for us to be sure of anything.

You are correct, however - Jeremy posted it both here and in the other thread, that it is not cool to gank info from premium sites and put the info here without any other sources. This is a courtesy to those sites. This site also does not allow threads/posts bashing any other site, whether or not that is reciprocated.

To be clear, however... To those who talk about Jeremy in a negative manner, saying that he has stolen information from other sites:

1. Jeremy does not have a premium membership on the main site in question. In fact, the admins from the sites ban each other's IP addresses, so this is impossible for Jeremy to directly steal information.

2. If any information shows up here posted by Jeremy and is later than it being posted on another site, it's important to remember that this board is not Jeremy's job. This is not a source of any valid income for him, as it is for the owner of other sites. If you put Jeremy on your buddy list, you will see how infrequently he is actually able to sign on during the day, due to a +50 hr/week job. It's improbable that he would be able to get every piece of info up here as quickly as someone whose job it is to do so.

I don't mean to sound like I'm speaking for Jeremy or the site at large - these are just my thoughts, not those of anyone else. I hope those who come to this site enjoy it as much as I do (even if they've gone to sleep reading this post ). Hopefully the in-fighting will cease, since we're all just here to support ISU sports!!!

GO CYCLONES!!!

Last edited by Angie; 12-28-2006 at 10:07 PM.
    M 7/09

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Is "gank" a real word? I might have to look that one up, but if it is, I'm going to start using it.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well, I'll be. Gank is real word. It's also a noun for fake crack cocaine. So, in theory, I could gank some gank. Nice.

cyclONEnation
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 44

Well said Angie. Saves me from typing my own response, so thanks.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
    Well, I'll be. Gank is real word. It's also a noun for fake crack cocaine. So, in theory, I could gank some gank. Nice.
    LMAO - you of all people should know better than to doubt me on my urban slang! Good pull on "gank[ing] some gank" - I might have to start using that.

Quote Originally Posted by C.John View Post
    Well said Angie. Saves me from typing my own response, so thanks.
    Feel free to expound on some of the points - I was not even sure I made sense to anyone other than myself... :)

M 7/09

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Not saying Jeremy does or does not access paid sites for information, just want to point out that when you say:

"1. Jeremy does not have a premium membership on the main site in question. In fact, the admins from the sites ban each other's IP addresses, so this is impossible for Jeremy to directly steal information."

you are incorrect in saying it is impossible. It is too easy to get around IP address bans. Simply changing ISP is an easy legit way. Half assed hackers can give you plenty of less legit ways.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I do agree with you that it is possible to mask IP address, etc., Ed. You're correct. FWIW, I can see the IP's that Jeremy has used throughout his entire time on this site, and they're always from the same host - I know you weren't accusing him of anything, just pointing that out.

Jer doesn't have the time to be on THIS site that much during the day, however, let alone another site.

M 7/09

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 163

Well you are correct, it could be done but it would hardly be worth the effort. And anything can be done; elections can be stolen, ISU winning the BCS Title 'could' happen, etc :)

I think everybody is pretty much on the same page, it just doesn't always come across that way through posts on a message board. I know that most people on here understand the courtesy involved and respect the unwritten code of ethics that most follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Not saying Jeremy does or does not access paid sites for information, just want to point out that when you say:

"1. Jeremy does not have a premium membership on the main site in question. In fact, the admins from the sites ban each other's IP addresses, so this is impossible for Jeremy to directly steal information."

you are incorrect in saying it is impossible. It is too easy to get around IP address bans. Simply changing ISP is an easy legit way. Half assed hackers can give you plenty of less legit ways.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

no diggity a boohiney from the cube would be down with the urban slang.