Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,256
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

And Now You Know ... The Rest of the Story.

This is an interesting email I received from a buddy of mine. I don't know if it is completely true but is a great story none the less. But, you must read until the end to fully understand.

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loudspeaker asking for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love. Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked out only to see her start walking up the road. Nextday, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He ookedharmless enough, and she accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work. She simply said it wasn't possible. He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she was unableto go with him. The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us."She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in awheelchair. He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome. Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - hehad a different mindset. That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest ofher life with.A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children. Since then they have added two more kids.So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy at a grocery store in Cedar Falls/Waterloo, IA and Brenda the check-out girl? Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona , where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals.

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Re: And Now You Know ... The Rest of the Story.

amazing story! plain and simple.

NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

Starter
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

snopes.com: Kurt Warner Tale

Still a good story though.

have you ever got caught outside In a strong rainfall? Yes or NO. If it"s yes, then you might half felt the pane of hard(tought) rain on you head. If it hurt"s then it"s tough. Yes or no. Okay I'm right and you know it.

So alothough you attempt"ed to say you didn"t understnad, now you do. Fair enough?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 43

Are you telling me I have to stay at Hy-vee for 3 more years so I can find a woman?

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 227

That is the worst attempt to tell the Kurt Warner story that I have ever read. A buddy sent you this as an email? Did his ISP filter it through a quart of Iowa City?

Addict
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Someone with more energy want to re-write it? I'd like to send it, but I don't have the energy to take on this thing. I have rep to give....huh...huh

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

All the facts are right. Except it was the first avenue hy-vee in cedar rapids, you know the old ghetto one. It was torn down and rebuilt a couple of years ago, same place just newer look.

Still thinking of something....
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    All the facts are right. Except it was the first avenue hy-vee in cedar rapids, you know the old ghetto one. It was torn down and rebuilt a couple of years ago, same place just newer look.
    Yep. He worked just down the street from Coe. I've been told that he was well on his way to coming to Coe to play football when UNI had a quarterback opening, so the UNI coach at the time called Coe's coach to find out about him. Our coach told him that Warner would lead us to a National Title (We had Carey Bender during those years, one of the best DIII running backs of all-time).

The rest is history. Not sure on all the details, but that's what I was told. Considering where he came from, I can see it all happening.

41-53 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

so according to this article, kurt warner could have saved us bears fans years of turmoil.... i will now kill every spider i see for a long time.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    Yep. He worked just down the street from Coe. I've been told that he was well on his way to coming to Coe to play football when UNI had a quarterback opening, so the UNI coach at the time called Coe's coach to find out about him. Our coach told him that Warner would lead us to a National Title (We had Carey Bender during those years, one of the best DIII running backs of all-time).

The rest is history. Not sure on all the details, but that's what I was told. Considering where he came from, I can see it all happening.
    Ya that's pretty accurate (from what I have been told I was quite young at the time). People still love to tell stories about him practicing his throwing by throwing rolls of toilet paper and paper towels around.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Random thought but I believe the last thing held at the Paramount Theater in Cedar Rapids was a fundraiser called "An Evening with Champions" or something like that with Kurt Warner and Zach Johnson. I was unable to go because I graduated that day, but I believe it was May 25th or something like that, two and half weeks before the flood.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

KURT WARNER..good read

Not sure if this has been posted, sorry if it has, but a good read.

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY
    AND
    BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice
    came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was
    almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the
    call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the
    new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was
    only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find
    out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card
    and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked out only
    to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left
    the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she
    accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again,
    outside of work. She simply said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a
    baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted
    his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived
    at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him. The
    baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well,
    let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not
    taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet
    her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis
    thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair. He was born a
    paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't
    come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman
    with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband
    and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a
    different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the
    movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he
    needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and
    brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda
    knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life
    with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children.
    Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl? Well,
    Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona , where he is currently employed
    as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and has his
    Cardinals in the hunt for a possible appearance in the Super Bowl. Is this a
    surprise ending or could you have guessed that he is not an ordinary person.

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. He has also been the NLF's Most Valuable Player twice and the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player.

Kurt is also an IOWA boy and from Cedar Rapids and a graduate of Northern Iowa .

Walk On Achievements:
    SocialVeteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Re: KURT WARNER..good read

Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, sorry if it has, but a good read.

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY
    AND
    BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice
    came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was
    almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the
    call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the
    new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was
    only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find
    out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card
    and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked out only
    to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left
    the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she
    accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again,
    outside of work. She simply said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a
    baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted
    his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived
    at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him. The
    baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well,
    let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not
    taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet
    her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis
    thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair. He was born a
    paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't
    come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman
    with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband
    and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a
    different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the
    movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he
    needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and
    brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda
    knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life
    with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children.
    Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl? Well,
    Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona , where he is currently employed
    as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and has his
    Cardinals in the hunt for a possible appearance in the Super Bowl. Is this a
    surprise ending or could you have guessed that he is not an ordinary person.

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. He has also been the NLF's Most Valuable Player twice and the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player.

Kurt is also an IOWA boy and from Cedar Rapids and a graduate of Northern Iowa .
    It had been posted... It was the start off post of this thread... Did you not look at what thread you were posting in?

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one! But you can't stop at one. You wanna drink another woman!"

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I have a hard time believing she is only 4 years older than him

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

Legend
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 11

Anybody seen recent pics of Brenda Warner? That Arizona sun must be good for her...

Before

After

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno