Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: Wayne Morgan

  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 7,072, Level: 25
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Todd Blythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    123
    Points
    7,072
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Wayne Morgan

    kinda weird..but Wayne Morgan was giving an MLK speech today at Perry High School. Isnt he selling insurance nowadays?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 34,674, Level: 57
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneman003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    2,927
    Points
    34,674
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    no sir... wayne morgan is installing DirectTV!


    ALL IN

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 380,795, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,552
    Points
    380,795
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 113

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    That was nice of Wayne. Good for him.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 112,050, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,674
    Points
    112,050
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 30

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    He does a good job of doing color commentary on Energy games. I think he's better than Heft.



  5. #5
    Recruit
    Points: 7,072, Level: 25
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Todd Blythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    123
    Points
    7,072
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    I thought it was nice to get someone in the school that people would listen to cuz they know who he is and talk about MLK. props to wayne



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 11,786, Level: 32
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Nuts4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    420
    Points
    11,786
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 12

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    I thought Marty Terrill was the play by play of the Energy games.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 115,276, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,418
    Points
    115,276
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 18

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Cy View Post
    I thought Marty Terrill was the play by play of the Energy games.
    He does. WM apparently does the color.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 112,050, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,674
    Points
    112,050
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 30

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    He does. WM apparently does the color.
    I don't know if he is the regular guy, but I listened to a game last week where Cotlar was doing play-by-play, and WM was doing the color. He sounded good.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 10,441, Level: 30
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LZclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
    Posts
    491
    Points
    10,441
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Blythe View Post
    kinda weird..but Wayne Morgan was giving an MLK speech today at Perry High School. Isnt he selling insurance nowadays?
    The first thing McD should have done is offer Morgan a job (recruiting)



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Points: 8,704, Level: 27
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    183
    Points
    8,704
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Why is he selling TV? I am sure he can find another assistant coaching job and get better pay, right?

    He is a great guy



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 31,759, Level: 54
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,973
    Points
    31,759
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by chengyushen View Post
    Why is he selling TV? I am sure he can find another assistant coaching job and get better pay, right?

    He is a great guy
    There are a lot of top-tier programs that would love to have Wayne as an assistant. He is a proven recruiter, and if he decided he really wanted to...he would have no problem landing a job as an assistant...



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 19,880, Level: 43
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 870
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    hobbsfan27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Muscatine
    Posts
    1,568
    Points
    19,880
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Way to go morgan.



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,572, Level: 26
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    309
    Points
    7,572
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone_12 View Post
    There are a lot of top-tier programs that would love to have Wayne as an assistant. He is a proven recruiter, and if he decided he really wanted to...he would have no problem landing a job as an assistant...
    I sat next to him on a plane last year and this is what I recall:

    1. Super nice guy and much more personable than ever came out during the show with John Walters
    2. He really likes Ames and really likes having his family in Ames
    3. He was doing color commentary for Big 10 network
    4. Seemed like he was a part owner of the direct tv business
    5. ****** about the D1 Scheduling allegations. Sounds like the first thing every potential opportunity he talked to people about would bring this up. ****** that such a big deal was made when it was brought up but then very little was said when he was cleared. He said it was all a bunch of crap but when he would try to explain to people he was cleared they are like ya right...then why were you let go by ISU. I would be ****** to, he didn't just lose his job, the fact they let him go under those circumstances screwed him over for future jobs. Apparently after he was cleared but still let go someone in administration apologized to him and said he was getting hosed.

    I didn't think he was the best coach and not going to be a polarizing figure which we all like, but it sucks the way he was handled.



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,775, Level: 29
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ICclone23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    271
    Points
    9,775
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    For one I think Wayne is doing quite well with his Dish company. I also think he has no desire to be an assistant anymore, as he has been there done that at a top notch program (Syracuse). I do know for a fact, however, that he inquired about a head coaching job at a small D I school in New York but they already had their guy.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 31,759, Level: 54
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,973
    Points
    31,759
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Wayne Morgan

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWing View Post
    I sat next to him on a plane last year and this is what I recall:

    1. Super nice guy and much more personable than ever came out during the show with John Walters
    2. He really likes Ames and really likes having his family in Ames
    3. He was doing color commentary for Big 10 network
    4. Seemed like he was a part owner of the direct tv business
    5. ****** about the D1 Scheduling allegations. Sounds like the first thing every potential opportunity he talked to people about would bring this up. ****** that such a big deal was made when it was brought up but then very little was said when he was cleared. He said it was all a bunch of crap but when he would try to explain to people he was cleared they are like ya right...then why were you let go by ISU. I would be ****** to, he didn't just lose his job, the fact they let him go under those circumstances screwed him over for future jobs. Apparently after he was cleared but still let go someone in administration apologized to him and said he was getting hosed.

    I didn't think he was the best coach and not going to be a polarizing figure which we all like, but it sucks the way he was handled.
    Without starting a big debate...Gregg Doyel may say otherwise, but the whole D1 scheduling thing was not why Wayne was let go...I agree that didn't amount to anything-and if we did anything wrong, it was minimal. Whether people agree with it or not, Wayne was on a VERY thin rope before that article came out, and just the fact that Iowa State's name was associated with something bad was all the excuse Pollard needed at that point to get rid of him.


    Last edited by Clone_12; 01-19-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM