Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Question on "what if"

Sorry if I annoy people, because i don;t intend to. My question is :Is "what if thread officially disallowed from this forum?"

Please educate me because I could be wrong, but please enlight me why "what if" posts are not appropriate here? Below are some of my considerations, again, please educate me:

(1) This is discussion forum for free discussion, supposedly no question is stupid and any questions could be discussed?
    (2) I agree thread with political matters, or discrimination or profanity should be disallowed. But should "what if" thread too?
    (3) If you see a thread really annoys you, can you just not reply to it, delete it or ignore it? For the "what if wesley" thread I do see a few people posted replies, so at least some one are interested in it, even though it may look like none sense to other people.
    (4) If a thread is really a bullcrap, then no body will post replies to it and it will be quickly washed away in the forum.
    (5) Last and most importantly, WE BELONG TO A CYCLONE FAMILY, WE COME TO THIS FORUM AND POST FOR THE LOVE OF THIS FORUM AND THE CYCLONE SPORTS. I WITNESSED THIS FORUM GROW TREMODOUSLY DURING THE PAST YEARS, BECAUSE OF FAN SUPPORT, INCLUDING BOTH "SMART" AND "STUPID" FANS. SHALL WE EVER TELL A CYCLONE FAN HE SHOULD NOT POST A THREAD BECAUSE IT MAY SOUNDS "STUPID" TO THE SMART PEOPLE?

Thank you

Chengyushen

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: Question on "what if"

it's not (as far as I know)

people just get really ******. I got internet raped just for asking "what if we had wesley johnson right now?"

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

all is welcome, however doesn't mean it is allowed.

NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 27

You can ask whatever the hell you want. Doesn't mean we have to respond.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 3,098

If you have a reason to question the moderating team, please click the Staff tab on the toolbar at the top of the screen rather than starting an entire thread questioning their actions. The "What If" threads were redundant and ridiculous today, which is why they were closed... as this one now is.

M 7/09

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 3,098

One additional note - threads asking both "what if my mom played for ISU" and "what if my dad played for ISU" are not questions intended to do anything other than annoy other posters. "Stupid" questions are allowed if they are out of ignorance - not if they are meant to create trouble.

M 7/09

Speechless
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by chengyushen View Post
    Sorry if I annoy people, because i don;t intend to. My question is :Is "what if thread officially disallowed from this forum?"

Please educate me because I could be wrong, but please enlight me why "what if" posts are not appropriate here? Below are some of my considerations, again, please educate me:

(1) This is discussion forum for free discussion, supposedly no question is stupid and any questions could be discussed?
    (2) I agree thread with political matters, or discrimination or profanity should be disallowed. But should "what if" thread too?
    (3) If you see a thread really annoys you, can you just not reply to it, delete it or ignore it? For the "what if wesley" thread I do see a few people posted replies, so at least some one are interested in it, even though it may look like none sense to other people.
    (4) If a thread is really a bullcrap, then no body will post replies to it and it will be quickly washed away in the forum.
    (5) Last and most importantly, WE BELONG TO A CYCLONE FAMILY, WE COME TO THIS FORUM AND POST FOR THE LOVE OF THIS FORUM AND THE CYCLONE SPORTS. I WITNESSED THIS FORUM GROW TREMODOUSLY DURING THE PAST YEARS, BECAUSE OF FAN SUPPORT, INCLUDING BOTH "SMART" AND "STUPID" FANS. SHALL WE EVER TELL A CYCLONE FAN HE SHOULD NOT POST A THREAD BECAUSE IT MAY SOUNDS "STUPID" TO THE SMART PEOPLE?

Thank you

Chengyushen
    I'll try and answer for you.

There have been a rash of posts here that are either 1) Created to stir up trouble and encourage arguing or 2) Have been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum over the course of the last few months.

Today, the decision was made to close/delete some of these threads that were judged to be non-essential to legitimate discussion on the board. I would encourage posters to search the archives before posting threads that may fall into the category of being overdone.

Normally, any thread is allowed, but when threads are known to be likely to go down the road of arguing/namecalling/etc., or are just posted to stir up trouble, they will be closed.

If you feel your post was closed/deleted in error, please contact a moderator via Private Message to discuss it.