Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 109

Best States for Football

Texas, California, Florida, Georgia. When I lived in southern Georgia, the high school players pretty much worked out the whole summer at the high school.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...=communityfbIP
    THE RANKINGS
    1. Texas
    No. 4 pro | No. 1 college | No. 1 high school: The Lone Star State has 10 DI teams, six Heismans*, six national titles**, three AFL titles***, five Super Bowl wins and 24 NFL Hall of Famers****.
    2. California
    No. 2 pro | No. 3 college | No. 2 high school: The Golden State has seven DI teams, 10 Heismans, eight national titles, one NFL title, one AFL title, eight Super Bowl wins and 15 NFL Hall of Famers.
    3. Florida
    No. 3 pro | No. 2 college | No. 3 high school: The Sunshine State has seven DI teams, six Heismans, eight national titles, three Super Bowl wins and seven NFL Hall of Famers.
    4. Pennsylvania
    No. 1 pro | No. 7 college | No. 6 high school: The Keystone State has three DI teams, two Heismans, four national titles, four NFL titles, five Super Bowl wins and 26 NFL Hall of Famers.
    5. Ohio
    No. 5 pro | No. 4 college | No. 5 high school: The Buckeye State has eight DI teams, seven Heismans, seven national titles, nine NFL titles and 21 NFL Hall of Famers.
    6. Georgia
    No. 9 pro | No. 11 college | No. 4 high school: The Peach State has two DI teams, three Heismans and three national titles.
    7. Michigan
    No. 13 pro | No. 6 college | No. 10 high school: The Great Lakes State has five DI teams, three Heismans, five national titles, four NFL titles and four NFL Hall of Famers.
    8. Louisiana
    No. 18 pro | No. 5 college | No. 7 high school: The Pelican State has five DI teams, one Heisman, two national titles and five NFL Hall of Famers.
    9. New Jersey
    No. 7 pro | No. 23 college | No. 13 high school: The Garden State has one DI team, one Heisman and five NFL Hall of Famers.
    10. Wisconsin
    No. 10 pro | No. 13 college | No. 25 high school: The Badger State has one DI team, two Heismans, nine NFL titles, three Super Bowl wins and eight NFL Hall of Famers.
    11. Illinois
    No. 14 pro | No. 22 college | No. 11 high school: The Prairie State has three DI teams, one Heisman, 10 NFL titles, one Super Bowl win and 16 NFL Hall of Famers.
    12. Alabama
    No. 23 pro | No. 10 college | No. 9 high school: The Heart of Dixie has four DI teams, two Heismans, eight national titles and four NFL Hall of Famers.
    13. Virginia
    No. 22 pro | No. 14 college | No. 8 high school: Old Dominion has two DI teams and seven NFL Hall of Famers.
    14. North Carolina
    No. 17 pro | No. 21 college | No. 14 high school: The Tar Heel State has five DI teams and five NFL Hall of Famers.
    15. Missouri
    No. 8 pro | No. 29 college | No. 28 high school: The Show Me State has one DI team, two Super Bowl wins and four NFL Hall of Famers.
    16. New York
    No. 6 pro | No. 35 college | No. 24 high school: The Empire State has three DI teams, four Heismans, three national titles, four NFL titles, two AFL titles, three Super Bowl wins and nine NFL Hall of Famers.
    17. Maryland
    No. 11 pro | No. 32 college | No. 16 high school: The Old Line State has two DI teams, two Heismans, one national title, two NFL titles and two Super Bowl wins.
    18. Tennessee
    No. 24 pro | No. 12 college | No. 18 high school: The Volunteer State has four DI teams, two national titles and three NFL Hall of Famers.
    19. Oklahoma
    No. 28 pro | No. 8 college | No. 17 high school: The Sooner State has three DI teams, five Heismans, seven national titles and five NFL Hall of Famers.
    20. Indiana
    No. 20 pro | No. 17 college | No. 26 high school: The Hoosier State has four DI teams, seven Heismans, nine national titles and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    21. Nebraska
    No. 29 pro | No. 9 college | No. 19 high school: The Cornhusker State has one DI team, three Heismans, five national titles and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    22. Colorado
    No. 15 pro | No. 26 college | No. 30 high school: The Centennial State has three DI teams, one Heisman, one national title, two Super Bowl wins and one NFL Hall of Famer.
    23. Washington
    No. 21 pro | No. 25 college | No. 21 high school: The Evergreen State has two DI teams, one national title and four NFL Hall of Famers.
    24. Minnesota
    No. 19 pro | No. 28 college | No. 31 high school: The North Star State has one DI team, one Heisman, four national titles and seven NFL Hall of Famers.
    25. Mississippi
    No. 34 pro | No. 15 college | No. 15 high school: The Magnolia State has three DI teams, one national title and seven NFL Hall of Famers.
    26. Iowa
    No. 32 pro | No. 16 college | No. 23 high school: The Hawkeye State has two DI teams, one Heisman and one national title.
    27. Massachusetts
    No. 16 pro | No. 36 college | No. 36 high school: The Bay State has one DI team, one Heisman, three Super Bowl wins and five NFL Hall of Famers.
    28. Arizona
    No. 25 pro | No. 30 college | No. 22 high school: The Grand Canyon State has two DI teams.
    29. Arkansas
    No. 35 pro | No. 19 college | No. 20 high school: The Razorback State has two DI teams, one national title and four NFL Hall of Famers.
    30. District of Columbia
    No. 12 pro | No. 49 college | No. 29 high school: The Nation's Capital has two NFL titles, three Super Bowl wins and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    31. West Virginia
    No. 31 pro | No. 20 college | No. 35 high school: The Mountain State has two DI teams and five NFL Hall of Famers.
    32. South Carolina
    No. 41 pro | No. 18 college | No. 12 high school: The Palmetto State has two DI teams, one national title and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    33. Oregon

No. 30 pro | No. 24 college | No. 33 high school: The Beaver State has two DI teams, one Heisman and one NFL Hall of Famer.
    34. Nevada
    No. 26 pro | No. 37 college | No. 38 high school: The Silver State has two DI teams.
    35.Hawaii
    No. 27 pro | No. 39 college | No. 32 high school: The Aloha State has one DI team.
    36. Kentucky
    No. 33 pro | No. 34 college | No. 27 high school: The Bluegrass State has two DI teams and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    37. Utah

No. 39 pro | No. 31 college | No. 34 high school: The Beehive State has three DI teams, one Heisman, one national title and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    38. Kansas
    No. 40 pro | No. 33 college | No. 37 high school: The Sunflower State has two DI teams and four NFL Hall of Famers.
    39. Connecticut
    No. 37 pro | No. 41 college | No. 43 high school: The Constitution State has one DI team, two Heismans and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    40. Idaho
    No. 49 pro | No. 27 college | No. 42 high school: The Gem State has two DI teams and one NFL Hall of Famer.
    41. New Mexico
    No. 42 pro | No. 40 college | No. 39 high school: The Land of Enchantment has two DI teams and two NFL Hall of Famers.
    42. New Hampshire
    No. 38 pro | No. 45 college | No. 48 high school: The Granite State has no DI or NFL teams.
    43. Rhode Island
    No. 36 pro | No. 48 college | No. 51 high school: The Ocean State has one NFL title.
    44. Wyoming
    No. 46 pro | No. 38 college | No. 44 high school: The Cowboy State has one DI team.
    45. Delaware
    No. 43 pro | No. 43 college | No. 45 high school: The First State has three NFL Hall of Famers.
    46. North Dakota
    No. 48 pro | No. 44 college | No. 40 high school: The Peace Garden State has no DI or NFL teams.
    47. South Dakota
    No. 47 pro | No. 46 college | No. 41 high school: The Mount Rushmore State has one NFL Hall of Famer.
    48. Maine
    No. 45 pro | No. 47 college | No. 49 high school: The Pine Tree State has no DI or NFL teams.
    49. Montana
    No. 50 pro | No. 42 college | No. 46 high school: The Treasure State has no DI or NFL teams.
    50. Vermont
    No. 44 pro | No. 50 college | No. 50 high school: The Green Mountain State has no DI or NFL teams.
    51. Alaska
    No. 51 pro | No. 51 college | No. 47 high school: The Last Frontier has no DI or NFL teams.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-27-2006 at 11:51 AM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Best States for Football

We do not have a staff member to recruit Caklifornia. Callahan has been making hay in California and now in Oklahoma and Kanssas juco. Hope to have a coach that can recruit California Would like to see Rahshon Clark as a wide receiver.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-31-2006 at 10:54 PM.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

State ranks

has anyone posted this yet?

Iowa gets 26th, higher than I expected after reading the teaser.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...=communityfbIP

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Re: State ranks

Actually higher than I was expecting as well.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I posted it two days ago under Best States for football. It definitely shows we have a gap in California recruiting. And the Rust Belt gets more respect than expected. This is a great story and a major effort with rivals and scout, but it appears our board people view and do not want to discuss the stroy presented. Looks like there are three/four tiers to football and State of Iowa duid fairly well for the population number. I noted that Friday night football is most popular in Texas.

It was interesting to see Georgia high school football came out No 4. I lived in Valdosta and the high school kids lived at the high school during the suimmer to practice whatever. Hope they passed school.

For high school which we are most interested in:

Texas is #1.
    California is #2.
    Florida is #3.
    Georgia is #4.
    Ohio is #5.
    Pennsylvania is #6.
    Louisiania is #7.
    Virgina is #8.
    Alabama is #9.
    Michigan is #10.
    Illinois is #11.
    South Carolina is #12.
    New Jersey is #13.
    North Carolina is #14.
    Mississippi is #15.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-31-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Interesting! However, there appears to be a bias in these rankings to larger states.

I live in Louisiana and this state (which is just a little bigger than Iowa in population) currently has the highest number of players in the NFL on a per-capita basis.

My son goes to a small private school and we have a Strength & Conditioning Coach that has held that same position for several NFL teams. These kids are required to work out all year.

Go look and see how many top D-1 prospects, current college players, and NFL players go to / went to a school in River Ridge, LA (suburb of New Orleans) named John Curtis.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Legend
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    It was interestiong to see Georgia high school footbakll came out No 4.
    The Georgia thing doesn't surprise me. When I lived in Florida we had a team from Valdosta come down and play us. They brought five busses just for players and another 12 busses of fans. I heard that when the football coach there died they had the memorial at the High School field and had over 50,000 people there.

Personally, I would have put Florida ahead of California...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 173

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    Interesting! However, there appears to be a bias in these rankings to larger states.
    Larger states have pro football teams, and that was a big factor in the equation.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I thought it was good for us to be at the spot we were. Considering we have no pro team and are not a very large state, to be at the 50th percentile is doing well. Also I dont think the rankings were done per capita which would mean they were "biased" to larger states.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 101

i played HS in iowa and we had to work out everyday all summer

Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

"The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Our current coaches should have good contacts in 70% of the top ten states. Sounds good.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Westly, Kudos to you...you're posts are outstanding! DM Reg should hire you.

Starter
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post

I live in Louisiana and this state (which is just a little bigger than Iowa in population) currently has the highest number of players in the NFL on a per-capita basis.

My son goes to a small private school and we have a Strength & Conditioning Coach that has held that same position for several NFL teams. These kids are required to work out all year.

Go look and see how many top D-1 prospects, current college players, and NFL players go to / went to a school in River Ridge, LA (suburb of New Orleans) named John Curtis.

Cyclone#1 I go to Aplington Parkersburg High School in Iowa. We have 4 players that start in the NFL and one (Landon Schrage) from ISU is a free agent and is expected to get signed next year. Oh and Aplington is a town of 1,000 and Parkersburg is about 1,500.

"It's not my fault that an opposing player isn't as strong as me" - Marcus Fizer