Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: Iowa Cubs to Play at Wrigley

They talked about doing this for some while now, it's good to hear they finally got things set in stone!!

Although, I wish they'd bring back the good ole days of the I-Cubs vs Chicago Cubs exhibition games back to Des Moines.

Those were so much fun to watch and great for the local kids who could never make it to Chicago and see a "big cub" up close..

Last edited by CubsnClones; 01-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Post IOWA CUBS TO PLAY AT WRIGLEY FIELD

IOWA CUBS TO PLAY AT WRIGLEY FIELD

Cubs Host Las Vegas in Chicago on August 9th
    Des Moines, IA - Wrigley Field will host its first ever Pacific Coast League game when the Iowa Cubs and Las Vegas 51s square off at the “Friendly Confines” on Sunday, August 9. The game is part of an effort by the Chicago Cubs to help promote their minor league affiliates on days when the major league team is out of town.

Last summer, the single-A Peoria Chiefs of the Midwest League played the Kane County Cougars in front of approximately 26,000 fans for the first minor league game ever to be played at Wrigley Field.

“We’re excited,” I-Cubs President/General Manager Sam Bernabe said. “It’s a great opportunity not only for our guys to play in Wrigley, but maybe to pick up a few more fans from around the Chicago area.”

The starting time for this game, which is the first of a four-game series between these two teams, will be announced later. Both teams will return to Des Moines to resume the series on Monday, August 10 at 7:05. There will also be a future announcement with more details on the price of tickets for the game and how to order them.

The Iowa Cubs open the 2009 season at Round Rock on Thursday, April 9. The team’s home opener is also against the Express on Friday, April 17 at Principal Park. For season ticket information, fans can contact the I-Cubs front office at (515) 243-6111 or go online at www.iowacubs.com.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Re: Iowa Cubs to Play at Wrigley

Quote Originally Posted by CubsnClones View Post
    They talked about doing this for some while now, it's good to hear they finally got things set in stone!!

Although, I wish they'd bring back the good ole days of the I-Cubs vs Chicago Cubs exhibition games back to Des Moines.

Those were so much fun to watch and great for the local kids who could never make it to Chicago and see a "big cub" up close..
    I remember those vividly, some of the greatest moments for a young baseball fan.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks